COVID 2019 Comorbidity with Diabetes

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Llamas have different antibodies from the rest of us (which isn't really a surprise)
200501184301_1_540x360.jpg

But they take the novel coronavirus and eat it for lunch, apparently.
https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(20)30494-3.pdf?_returnURL=https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0092867420304943?showall=true

So work is now ongoing to see how how this wonderful info can be used to fight COVID-19 in humans...

ed. For typo

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Northern Ireland executive released provisional roadmap today. Mentions potential to visit or visit family (adhering to social distancing measures) for all unless shielding... Thought that was interesting as it does not mention the over 70s, clinically vulnerable group (diabetics not shielding etc) . Could be changed... But perhaps an indication of people being allowed to asses their own associated risk... No set dates as yet. Impressed with this compared to Boris statement on Sunday... View attachment 41271View attachment 41272

I can't wait to give my daughter and my little granddaughter hugs and kisses ((((( XX)))))

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just listened to AsseemMalhotra on the Doctor's Farmacy (sic) noting that improving metabolic health is key given that those who are at risk because they are not in metabolic health will find any vaccine less effective.
Have just ordered vit D, c and zinc to send out to my diabetic dad and over 70 mum. Hoping she will be able to get out onto a tennis court in the sun soon too as she is otherwise healthy.

Reactions: Winnie53

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Very thought provoking.

Yes.
The suggestions certainly fit into the 'there will be second waves, and we need to prep carefully, and do everything we can to reduce the spread' school of thought.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
https://drhyman.com/blog/2020/05/04/podcast-ep109/

Dr Asseem Malhotra

An alternate opinion to what we can do to improve our reaction to CoVid 19 as opposed to what we can do to not get infected.
Interesting to hear that even if a vaccine is possible and there has not been a cornoa vaccine developed thus far, it may not work in many individuals.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks. Seems to amount to Yes there is definitely a risk to those with high blood sugars/metabolic disease but 'don't scare the horses' but I think it isn't just the diabetics and elderly that have been made anxious by the government's messages around the 'bat flu'. Judging by this thread people are understandably scared to go into work or to the shops. And it has been admitted (by Professor Ferguson, achitect of the lockdown) hat up to 50% of the 'excess mortality' is caused by people NOT coming into hospitals through fear ; I imagine some of these will be diabetics with the issues he mentions.

Jamie H

Thanks. Seems to amount to Yes there is definitely a risk to those with high blood sugars/metabolic disease but 'don't scare the horses' but I think it isn't just the diabetics and elderly that have been made anxious by the government's messages around the 'bat flu'. Judging by this thread people are understandably scared to go into work or to the shops. And it has been admitted (by Professor Ferguson, achitect of the lockdown) hat up to 50% of the 'excess mortality' is caused by people NOT coming into hospitals through fear ; I imagine some of these will be diabetics with the issues he mentions.
Agree with all of that but refreshing to hear someone from the medical profession say.. You know what we don't actually know enough about diabetes alone to asses the increased risk. It's often tied up with so many other conditions that it's hard to tell.. But again reminds us to keep on top of our blood sugar levels as much as possible ... We know to do this anyway but this is just another reason