What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Feeling lazy - will do a Suduko and have another coffee before deciding what to do today.

Dogs have had their walk and are snoozing, I am relaxing in the conservatory and Mr K is vacuuming the downstairs. A vital job if you have two Labradors.
Steady on Mr K we will all need to master all the Kirby tools now. I agree labs shed plenty of hairs - the setter shed far less. Obviously we hoover but replacing all carpets is a good move - couple to go here when lockdown/isoaltion ends. That was due to be done the Monday after lockdown started and back on asap when safe. Pain/difficult, if not impossible, to steam clean and antibac a carpet daily. Better/more hygienic surface for grandchildren as well IMHO.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am really out of sorts today.
Don't feel like going outside and doing a soft pastel.

So did something by drawing digitally.
I found out online how to draw a swan. So practised that directly in the app. It is easy to do corrections digitally. It just takes time stage by stage. Put it in SketchClubApp. And tried to fill the area round the swan with black. But the whole picture went black including the swan. There were too many gaps on the outline of the swan. It took a few attempts going round the swan again and again. Then I got a swan with one wing. Tried again working on the top wing. Finally got it. Managed to infill round the swan with black.

I was going to do snow round the swan, but that looked awful. So settled on stars instead. It took an hour and a half...

F11FEF92-5551-4D80-B97F-1D93EF26E3B4.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I found out online how to draw a swan. So practised that directly in the app. It is easy to do corrections digitally. It just takes time stage by stage. Put it in SketchClubApp. And tried to fill the area round the swan with black. But the whole picture went black including the swan. There were too many gaps on the outline of the swan. It took a few attempts going round the swan again and again. Then I got a swan with one wing. Tried again working on the top wing. Finally got it. Managed to infill round the swan with black.

I was going to do snow round the swan, but that looked awful. So settled on stars instead. It took an hour and a half...

View attachment 41633
Hug for being out of sorts today. Winner for still patiently producing such amazing artwork for us. I hope well deserved rest is on the agenda now.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Steady on Mr K we will all need to master all the Kirby tools now. I agree labs shed plenty of hairs - the setter shed far less. Obviously we hoover but replacing all carpets is a good move - couple to go here when lockdown/isoaltion ends. That was due to be done the Monday after lockdown and back on asap when safe. Pain/difficult, if not impossible, to steam clean and antibac a carpet daily. Better/more hygienic surface for grandchildren as well IMHO.
Yes - I totally agree about the carpets - and that Labradors do shed a lot of hair. If you didn't vacuum for a couple of days the hall would look like one of those streets full of tumbleweed that you see in a western .

We have got white tiles through the hall, kitchen and conservatory and engineered wood in the lounge and dining room. The tiles are very easy to steam clean - although you can't steam clean engineered wood Mr K has a special mop to clean it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 and @ianpspurs in my opinion Champagne Coloured Labs are the worlds worst for hair loss, all blooming year, wooden and tiled floors throughout our down stairs. One of our hoover type machines does have a very strong led light on and wow it highlights every hair and there are loads. I regularly pull fridges, freezers, washing machines and dryers out to vac behind, big fire risk that hair and heat.

@ianpspurs setters don't shed so much hair but our English Setter had some incredibly slimy, dribbling jowls which would leave a silver trail on clothes, furniture and walls and ceilings when he shook his head, give me the hair anyday. :joyful:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
haha.. @Alien Aspie

thought the though of a naked alien slapping a crumpet....my eyes..:wideyed:

hugs @gennepher sounds like a very uncomfortable moment for you.
hope calmer waters are ahead.

for me
it's groundhog day Eleventy fifty two

and told it's an OFFICIAL Sundy sunday

so a car ride is on the cards.
local big parks still ban traffic, so many have to park far away to get the moment of solitude in the great big open spaces..
was going to pop up your way @dunelm , just for the trip out, but as i'm not infectious at the moment i probably can't run the roadblocks as easily as others, so maybe another time.:arghh:

have a super day all.
may the gods bring all you wish and keep you safe.

to Valhalla and beyond.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Greattits have flown the nest, Mr and Mrs Greattit are having a chaotic time trying to find them all to feed in our very plant packed garden. Not sure who's most stressed over their wealfare, birds mom and dad or Mrs MC. :joyful:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 and @ianpspurs in my opinion Champagne Coloured Labs are the worlds worst for hair loss, all blooming year, wooden and tiled floors throughout our down stairs. One of our hoover type machines does have a very strong led light on and wow it highlights every hair and there are loads. I regularly pull fridges, freezers, washing machines and dryers out to vac behind, big fire risk that hair and heat.

@ianpspurs setters don't shed so much hair but our English Setter had some incredibly slimy, dribbling jowls which would leave a silver trail on clothes, furniture and walls and ceilings when he shook his head, give me the hair anyday. :joyful:
If Moet is the worst for hair loss our black Labrador Poppy is a very close second.

We are always puzzled how the hair gets into rooms that they never go in. I do agree that I prefer the hair rather than the dribble.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 41633
@gennepher sorry you are under the weather again, Swan a brilliant effort, good you are keeping your art up, hope all is well soon.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So too much time watching busy birds, trying to record music and so no painting. All the talk of Pencil Watercolour Crayons spurred me on to buy some which arrived Via Mr Amazon today. Faber Castell Albrecht Duer WAtercolour Pencils 24 colours, they were for Mrs MC she creates stylistic flower designs, but I have never used such pencils and so popped into garden and tried them out on a Flag, Plein Air. I like them so easy to use and get shades of colour, blending also good providing it's all first done on dry paper then brushed with water.

So a sketch drawing/painting a little bigger than A5 and 30 minutes. Not great but for a first attemp I was quite chuffed, will be using them again if I can wrestle them off Mrs MC

IMG_3194.JPG

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If Moet is the worst for hair loss our black Labrador Poppy is a very close second.

We are always puzzled how the hair gets into rooms that they never go in. I do agree that I prefer the hair rather than the dribble.
Except when the dogs hair sticks in your barefeet!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So too much time watching busy birds, trying to record music and so no painting. All the talk of Pencil Watercolour Crayons spurred me on to buy some which arrived Via Mr Amazon today. Faber Castell Albrecht Duer WAtercolour Pencils 24 colours, they were for Mrs MC she creates stylistic flower designs, but I have never used such pencils and so popped into garden and tried them out on a Flag, Plein Air. I like them so easy to use and get shades of colour, blending also good providing it's all first done on dry paper then brushed with water.

So a sketch drawing/painting a little bigger than A5 and 30 minutes. Not great but for a first attemp I was quite chuffed, will be using them again if I can wrestle them off Mrs MC

View attachment 41647
Got some that colour at the bottom of the garden, also got dark purple ones, pink ones, brown ones. yellow ones and two tones. Can you tell that I like Irises? Like your drawing too. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 41647

I don't find coloured pencils easy to work with. I loved them as a child, and tried to draw like Anne Anderson. I love her fairy tale drawings.

But as an adult I am not drawn to them. Although I have loads, thinking if I buy another particular set of coloured watercolour pencils then I might get into them. But I don't...

I like your treatment with these watercolour pencils @Muddy Cyclist They are a nice soft set from what I recall.

And thank you for your compliment of my digital swan. If I am down I prefer creating digital artwork.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was sent this by a Folk Band member, it says it all......

@gennepher I tried to find Lyrics but failed miserably, best I can offer is its Mr Cummings take on the Old and their Usefulness and the song sums it up with below..

In the track the musical comedian – who celebrates her 68th birthday – sings bluntly, but sweetly: 'Say tatty-bye to your granny, Cummings wants her to die'.

And she sums up how she feels pensioners have been treated with the lyrics: 'It's time we're all got rid off, because we've got nothing to offer but love (you can't sell it), nothing to offer but love (which is worthless)'

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@gennepher I tried to find Lyrics but failed miserably, best I can offer is its Mr Cummings take on the Old and their Usefulness and the song sums it up with below..

In the track the musical comedian – who celebrates her 68th birthday – sings bluntly, but sweetly: 'Say tatty-bye to your granny, Cummings wants her to die'.

And she sums up how she feels pensioners have been treated with the lyrics: 'It's time we're all got rid off, because we've got nothing to offer but love (you can't sell it), nothing to offer but love (which is worthless)'
I will try it on my Android which combined with an app on it will give me some words but not with 100% accuracy. Back in a mo...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got some that colour at the bottom of the garden, also got dark purple ones, pink ones, brown ones. yellow ones and two tones. Can you tell that I like Irises? Like your drawing too. :)
Thank you, Mrs MC loves them we have quite a selection, no yellow though, one with purple and some yellow stripes. These ones were given to MRs MC from my moms garden many years ago, they have spread and spread. Garden is now in its Purple Season. I am not a flower painter but with these pencils I might be tempted to do more.

Reactions: Ryhia

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I managed to get it with official lyrics.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
:)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like your treatment with these watercolour pencils @Muddy Cyclist They are a nice soft set from what I recall.
They are very soft , big learning curve but would certainly not be my first go to media.
Mrs MC will enjoy them for her flower drawings, Mrs MC although a musician and craft person with lots of creativity, studied Biology and Biochemistry at University and loves pulling plants apart, always showing our granddaughters quite amazing shapes and the workings of them so much of her drawing is based on these shapes.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had to post this
Drum roll....... My desk and table in my office are completely free of piles of papers. Everything is sorted and dealt with and my in tray is empty.
Such a lovely feeling to be up to date - and tidy.