What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are very soft , big learning curve but would certainly not be my first go to media.
Mrs MC will enjoy them for her flower drawings, Mrs MC although a musician and craft person with lots of creativity, studied Biology and Biochemistry at University and loves pulling plants apart, always showing our granddaughters quite amazing shapes and the workings of them so much of her drawing is based on these shapes.

Mrs MC will be able to do a lot of interesting drawings of flowers and shapes with these crayons.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had to post this
Drum roll....... My desk and table in my office are completely free of piles of papers. Everything is sorted and dealt with and my in tray is empty.
Such a lovely feeling to be up to date - and tidy.
D88D9E78-5B9E-48F4-ADCD-B2265A7EBE7D.gif

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had to post this
Drum roll....... My desk and table in my office are completely free of piles of papers. Everything is sorted and dealt with and my in tray is empty.
Fabulous! Just wondering, are you free to come and sort mine? Masks and gloves can be provided.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Just had to post this
What a great job you have done. Congratulations

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fabulous! Just wondering, are you free to come and sort mine? Masks and gloves can be provided.
There is only one small problem - it took me 9 weeks to do. If you are happy with that I will be round to sort your paperwork out. I will have to bring Archie and Poppy with me - hope you don't mind that they are moulting. I can bring my Dyson with me.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well now the governments has messed up the messages of what to do
we decided that instead of travelling 260 miles across country WHILST Knowingly infected,
to escape the fact that London was now a Covid time bomb..so was not safe...

US..Who had NOT run away in the dead of night, might as well enjoy our new found freedoms..

(it's been clear from the real dearth of leadership, it's now become do as YOU think is right,
but Boris just made that official tonight at Hancock's half hour 24/5/2020)
WE have and always have been on our own)

So we went to visit our daughter......:D

Lovely afternoon, my first full day out (a good few hours ) out and it felt SOOO GOOD.
No feds to harass us on the way, no 'move along' for sitting on the grass.

we sat & ate,in a local park, SD as best we could and caught up on SO much.
and despite SEEING her on the 'house party' app, every day
THIS just felt right..:)

we met a lovely lady with a dog that looked 'odd'.
turns it it was the rarest of breeds.
so a lovely day all round.

took pics and will post tomorrow.

enjoy your night and tomorrows,
the world is certainly a different place today.

too happy to test my BG's before i ate indoors.
now enjoying a cold beer, so expect a higher FBG in morning.
but that will be so worth it.

life begins again, mon amis..:happy:

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well now the governments has messed up the messages of what to do
we decided that instead of travelling 260 miles across country WHILST Knowingly infected,
to escape the fact that London was now a Covid time bomb..so was not safe...

US..Who had NOT run away in the dead of night, might as well enjoy our new found freedoms..

(it's been clear from the real dearth of leadership, it's now become do as YOU think is right,
but Boris just made that official tonight at Hancock's half hour 24/5/2020)
WE have and always have been on our own)

So we went to visit our daughter......:D

Lovely afternoon, my first full day out (a good few hours ) out and it felt SOOO GOOD.
No feds to harass us on the way, no 'move along' for sitting on the grass.

we sat & ate,in a local park, SD as best we could and caught up on SO much.
and despite SEEING her on the 'house party' app, every day
THIS just felt right..:)

we met a lovely lady with a dog that looked 'odd'.
turns it it was the rarest of breeds.
so a lovely day all round.

took pics and will post tomorrow.

enjoy your night and tomorrows,
the world is certainly a different place today.

too happy to test my BG's before i ate indoors.
now enjoying a cold beer, so expect a higher FBG in morning.
but that will be so worth it.

life begins again, mon amis..:happy:
Looks like you have your freedom. I bet it felt good.
Glad you had a good day.

Wales are still waiting for their get out of jail card ...I can't even drive down to the river, a few minutes away, to stand on the docks, because all car parks are still closed.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

Back to sunshine skies and warm days. Meeting SIL for another long Mountain Bike Ride, we have to dodge the bank holiday crowds who I suspect will arrive at Cannock Chase from all over England with or without the virus since our PMs disgraceful handling of Mr DC last night. It was busy enough yesterday! Luckily I have walked, cycled and rode horses on CAnnock Chase since 1972 so know a few quiet routes and how to avoid any crowds we may encounter.

Living is dangerous, always was, always will be, in these difficult Virus times risk asses how and where your day takes you. Be brave and take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a calm and warming nicely Breckland cum Fenland. 4.9 at 5.05. So, we had the roast dinner Julie wanted yesterday; beef was edible and I have come out of it just about ok. Lest we forget, for many of us to live LC can make huge difficulties for those living with us who manage our diabetes this way. The beef was actually topside, surprisingly edible, and we used some of the fibre flour to make a gravy. My safe zone would have been salad but there were veggies to use and eating the same meal for once, minus potatoes for me, felt right. In other news, the movers and shakers are having the duce of a job getting the lipstick on the Gloucester Old spots running Manor Farm. Take care - very much anything goes from now on.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the azure and light filament that is the dark and dangerous north. I shall sing Blue Savannah by Erasure.

The wonder wheel of bangers and chemically altered residual mash came in at a “chill in fridge for 14 hours” 4.9 this am. Bit of a faff on but it fills the time.

Hedgehogs. Another hedgehog spotted at dark o’clock last night. This time in the front garden and being bothered by one of the mad cat lady’s predators which was swiftly shoo’d away (is shoo’d a word - of course it is - you can read it - it’s a word). Was it Silent Bob or a close pal or relative? Unknown because it was socially distancing itself from other hedgehogs. Exciting stuff, I know.
Have the very best day that you can. Remember to wash your hands - Perhaps from the 1st June you will also be able to shower or have a bath. Koffy calls.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A little further away than Durham but more scenic IMHO. Love the customer service from the hotel we stay at in Paphos, emailing us with recipes and help like this - dare I go if it is possible in late November? Scenery may motivate a few more than some celeb's home. An hour's workout with this guy pre-breakfast sorts DP for me. Haven't fond a UK PT as good. Hopefully in the New Normal © I will find one.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pastel for today.
Not happy with it. I used the grey paper for the sunrise, but it didn't come out how I wanted. A different colour paper should have been used.
Anyway, here it is.
It may look like some sunrises you have seen, but it wasn't the one I had in mind...

4ECB66A5-9FDB-4BF3-83BC-3D82C7456E99.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
25-05-2020
8.35am FBG 5.1

orry i am not commenting much atm.
Disappointing shopping trip yesterday. Went to the slightly further away town, but my prferred supermarket was closed for bank holiday. Because going to this town this town involves travelling on a Route National, wanted to try on a Sunday when there would be less traffic, so forced to use a smaller supermarket. Lot of empty shelves, and some astronomical prices for, supposedly, fresh veg, meant i came home without cauliflower, cabbage or cream, few other items besides. Long trip, over 20k and my legs are complaining this morning. Cramped as soon as I moved. Still aching a bit now. On the plus side though it wasn't as tiring as expected. Presumably will be able to manage it again when the cream runs out, which will be less than a week. Heck of a way to go though, for one or two items. Will try to get veg somewhere nearer.
MrSlimwent to visit the grandchildren yesterday, which left me feeling very cut off indeed, even though he did SD. Had a cup of tea in the garden and didnt stay long. Seriously considered trying to get back to UK, before realising its impossible for me.
Have to stick it out here until end of July at earliest. Back to the TO DO list, thinking too much does not help.
The stray cat has become almost friendly recently, she sometimes sits beside me on the front steps in the evening sunshine and likes to be stroked. She used to be absolutely terrified of us, would crouch and run in a very odd scuttling way, if she saw us or we simply looked at her. She is company of a sort.

Reactions: dunelm

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pastel for today.
Not happy with it. I used the grey paper for the sunrise, but it didn't come out how I wanted. A different colour paper should have been used.
Anyway, here it is.
It may look like some sunrises you have seen, but it wasn't the one I had in mind...
The scene is lovely and yes I can claim to have seen sunrises like this. Waves gently trickling/rolling in brings me a feeling of peace and contentment. Thank you for capturing this.

Reactions: ianpspurs