What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I managed to get it with official lyrics including the naughty word (which in my Google words app, which I played alongside it, was censored :) )

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
:)

5.2 for me this morning that was at about 4:35 AM

Edited by moderator in line with forum policy on acceptable language

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
25-05-2020
8.35am FBG 5.1

orry i am not commenting much atm.
Disappointing shopping trip yesterday. Went to the slightly further away town, but my prferred supermarket was closed for bank holiday. Because going to this town this town involves travelling on a Route National, wanted to try on a Sunday when there would be less traffic, so forced to use a smaller supermarket. Lot of empty shelves, and some astronomical prices for, supposedly, fresh veg, meant i came home without cauliflower, cabbage or cream, few other items besides. Long trip, over 20k and my legs are complaining this morning. Cramped as soon as I moved. Still aching a bit now. On the plus side though it wasn't as tiring as expected. Presumably will be able to manage it again when the cream runs out, which will be less than a week. Heck of a way to go though, for one or two items. Will try to get veg somewhere nearer.
MrSlimwent to visit the grandchildren yesterday, which left me feeling very cut off indeed, even though he did SD. Had a cup of tea in the garden and didnt stay long. Seriously considered trying to get back to UK, before realising its impossible for me.
Have to stick it out here until end of July at earliest. Back to the TO DO list, thinking too much does not help.
The stray cat has become almost friendly recently, she sometimes sits beside me on the front steps in the evening sunshine and likes to be stroked. She used to be absolutely terrified of us, would crouch and run in a very odd scuttling way, if she saw us or we simply looked at her. She is company of a sort.
Hugs for your frustrating tiring day yesterday @SlimLizzy
Give yourself a bit of time out today, a bit of me time.
Give your TO DO list a rest just for an hour or so.
Then go back to it.
Take care x

Reactions: HarryBeau

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.3 this morning but had to get up before dawn to achieve that. Better than yesterday when bloods were 6.5 for no apparent reason that I can discover.

So jealous of you @Krystyna23040 for managing to clear your desk. I keep looking at the pile of papers I need to sort then put it away again.
Special hugs to you @SlimLizzy for your shopping dilemma. Hope you find a farm shop or grocery store that will deliver.
Didn't comment earlier but meant to say your digital swan was so dramatic @gennepher. You are so clever with these apps.

Hope everyone has a good day today and manages to do everything on their to do lists. Keep safe if you are travelling. Especially if it is the length of the country! Wonder how many Covid infused comfort stops he had to make with a 4 year old.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So jealous of you @Krystyna23040 for managing to clear your desk. I keep looking at the pile of papers I need to sort then put it away again.
I did that for almost 9 weeks. Today I am sitting at my empty desk and it feels really strange and alien. Not like my desk at all. I don't think that in the 20 years I have been working for myself that I have ever been up to date with my paperwork. There has never been the time to do it.

The question is - once everything is back to normal will my desk go back to its normal chaotic state.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning Boris Survivors.

BG a naughty 6.5
temp at 36.6

What a weekend, and what a day ahead.
as said our first trip to see our daughter.
Glorious day out.:D

Then home to...

A V Sigh for OUR beloved NHS
The UK being THE laughing stock of the world
and despite confidence from all quarters evaporating
our glorious Leader , goes all Tammy Wynette
....strange days indeed.

I see a somerset hospital has shut as it's over run with Covid cases.
so do STILL be careful, alert & SD..the Virus hasn't gone away.

Play well, but stay safe my friends

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
25-05-2020
8.35am FBG 5.1

orry i am not commenting much atm.
Disappointing shopping trip yesterday. Went to the slightly further away town, but my prferred supermarket was closed for bank holiday. Because going to this town this town involves travelling on a Route National, wanted to try on a Sunday when there would be less traffic, so forced to use a smaller supermarket. Lot of empty shelves, and some astronomical prices for, supposedly, fresh veg, meant i came home without cauliflower, cabbage or cream, few other items besides. Long trip, over 20k and my legs are complaining this morning. Cramped as soon as I moved. Still aching a bit now. On the plus side though it wasn't as tiring as expected. Presumably will be able to manage it again when the cream runs out, which will be less than a week. Heck of a way to go though, for one or two items. Will try to get veg somewhere nearer.
MrSlimwent to visit the grandchildren yesterday, which left me feeling very cut off indeed, even though he did SD. Had a cup of tea in the garden and didnt stay long. Seriously considered trying to get back to UK, before realising its impossible for me.
Have to stick it out here until end of July at earliest. Back to the TO DO list, thinking too much does not help.
The stray cat has become almost friendly recently, she sometimes sits beside me on the front steps in the evening sunshine and likes to be stroked. She used to be absolutely terrified of us, would crouch and run in a very odd scuttling way, if she saw us or we simply looked at her. She is company of a sort.

Oh @SlimLizzy ..what a tale

i gave a win for the attention to a lesser creatures needs, despite your own woes...Lovely gesture x

I hope the shop next time has all you need, and in the meantime the exercise AND freedom to go is doing you good i suppose
and i hear that ache to really want to see the rest of the family, but July will come soon enough.

Do keep us informed, i always like to hear, what seems an idyllic Gallic lifestyle actually IS like.
And despite the ups and downs i'm still as they say... "Well Jel"...:)

Stay well
Travel safely.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am starting a just giving page to help pay for driving lessons for Mrs Cummings. Please give what you can.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A long 4 hour Mountain Bike Ride with DIL and with a 20 minute stop to do a Plein Air watercolour. It very busy and took all my knowledge of Cannock Chase to dodge others, overall we succeeded. Lots of picnicking families at Hot spots, no social distance, grandparents, kids and grandkids everywhere not surprising under Gov ridiculousness.

@ianpspurs for your information, FBG 5.8. Then after a breakfast of Cheese, Ham, slice SKinny Bread, Greek Yogurt seeds and Almonds, two black coffees, I weighed just under 77 Kilo, (put on weight under lockdown) 4.5 hours later after the bike ride and before lunch i weighed 74 Kilo and my BG was 6.2.

The ride was through Oak Woods, Pine forest, heathland and the mill race path. We came across the area that saw a devastating fire on Friday, extensive. Picture below is me on a high ridge between Sherbrooke Valley and Cherry Tree Slade, (no Cherry Trees) the other is me finding a spot to do my painting where the fire started, all this beauty and I decide to paint devastation in the valley that runs up past Dickslees Cave.(like the Cherry Tree no Cave).area burnt looks small here but it is a few square miles, terrible.

IMG_3207.JPG

So my watercolour painting is another sketchbook Plein Air effort 20 minutes A4. There was something strangely beautiful about this disastrous scene. Silver Birches seemed to glow against the purple/blue/black background, whilst the path remained bright and sandy in the strong sun. I had taken my watercolours to paint Oak Trees, rode through many 800 year olds with many dropped limbs in the high winds yesterday but the burnt area is what I tried to capture.
IMG_3206.JPG

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A long 4 hour Mountain Bike Ride with DIL and with a 20 minute stop to do a Plein Air watercolour. It very busy and took all my knowledge of Cannock Chase to dodge others, overall we succeeded. Lots of picnicking families at Hot spots, no social distance, grandparents, kids and grandkids everywhere not surprising under Gov ridiculousness.

@ianpspurs for your information, FBG 5.8. Then after a breakfast of Cheese, Ham, slice SKinny Bread, Greek Yogurt seeds and Almonds, two black coffees, I weighed just under 77 Kilo, (put on weight under lockdown) 4.5 hours later after the bike ride and before lunch i weighed 74 Kilo and my BG was 6.2.

The ride was through Oak Woods, Pine forest, heathland and the mill race path. We came across the area that saw a devastating fire on Friday, extensive. Picture below is me on a high ridge between Sherbrooke Valley and Cherry Tree Slade, (no Cherry Trees) the other is me finding a spot to do my painting where the fire started, all this beauty and I decide to paint devastation in the valley that runs up past Dickslees Cave.(like the Cherry Tree no Cave).area burnt looks small here but it is a few square miles, terrible.

View attachment 41670
So my watercolour painting is another sketchbook Plein Air effort 20 minutes A4. There was something strangely beautiful about this disastrous scene. Silver Birches seemed to glow against the purple/blue/black background, whilst the path remained bright and sandy in the strong sun. I had taken my watercolours to paint Oak Trees, rode through many 800 year olds with many dropped limbs in the high winds yesterday but the burnt area is what I tried to capture.
View attachment 41671

Those rides must do you good - losing 3kgs ! Lovely images and artwork. Take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 41670
View attachment 41671

You KNOW that's now an official govt Department..:D

Gov ridiculousness.

Dept of health planning
committee

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those rides must have do you good - losing 3kgs ! Lovely images and artwork. Take care.
Yes, one of the things I want to ask my Phone Call YEarly Assessment Nurse about on Thursday. I can vary up to 7lbs a day on bike rides, BP always fine, circulation a little iffy, bowel movements fine, scales renewed and tested so I have been worrying about it. I like to keep my weight about 11stone 7lbs in old money, crept up under lockdown too much snacking. :)

PS we don't potter all quite Aerobic and I don't take in enough fluids on rides, on this one less than a litre, not good. Images of me on my bike are rare it was good to have SIL along to take some.

Reactions: ianpspurs