Tablets (oral)
Last night I had scrambled eggs with bacon and mushrooms and beans was that OK

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you get hold of a book called Carbs & Cal's? It has lots of photos of food and the carbs in various portion sizes to help you calculate your intake.

I notice you have a lot of questions. Are you testing your blood sugar levels before and two hours after eating?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, eggs and 'shrooms was fine,or rather, better than fine. The beans? Some people can have them, some can't. I'm of the "can't" variety, they're too starchy/carby for me. Do you have a meter?

Reactions: Tophat1900

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a big difference between the carbs in a tablespoon of beans and half a tin. The Carbs and Cals book that @lucylocket61 mentioned is very useful for estimating carbs for a portion of food.

Reactions: tayelola

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds pretty good. Beans are full of fibre and protein but also carbs, so make sure they are low sugar beans if tinned and not too many.

Diane_56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds pretty good. Beans are full of fibre and protein but also carbs, so make sure they are low sugar beans if tinned and not too many.
Thanks all for the replies will have a look

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Without a meter to test your blood glucose - who knows.
Personally I can eat runner or green beans in small amounts, and also bean sprouts, but tinned haricots in sauce are not on my shopping list.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all for the replies will have a look
Start looking at the nutrition info on the back of food packaging and try to aim for a carbohydrate percentage of 10g carbs per 100g max or less. You can try for 5g carbs per 10g too if you want to go really low carb. It's a good habit to get into with all foods.
Meat, fish, eggs are pretty much zero carb so you don't need to worry but anything else should have the info you need on the label