What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Goodness, @JohnEGreen that sounds scary. I am glad you made it home alright.
I remember when the fish-on-Friday tradition ended over here. I had a good college friend who was in seminary, who told me.
But delicious battered cod was often a Friday standard at the deli where I lived up until last month. Or delicious catfish.

@ianpspurs Thank you for the reminder about Ember Days. They are in the older Prayer Book of the Episcopal Church but I don't know about the new one. (Which is now, come to think of it, 40-odd years old.)

7.3 this morning which makes me very happy after a no-cookies Thursday, a long walk around Walmart, and a halfway decent supper last night.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.8 this morning. Ate a late supper last night which was difficult to dose for without worrying about a hypo. I'm a 4-point-something-kind of gal. I need to chill.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Ate a late supper last night which was difficult to dose for without worrying about a hypo. I'm a 4-point-something-kind of gal. I need to chill.
What you are is a star so yes, you really do need to chill. But I'm not type 1 and will never know the issues you deal with day to day. Respect to you.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 4.5 on first inspection. Dawn P came calling which is, I assume just as it should be, since I normally just have almond milk in tea and lots of steps/exercise until 11 ish when I whack some coffee with cream and sugar free caramel in me as a way of lowering bg. @JohnEGreen @SaskiaKC 2 Ember days now in C of E but maybe not for you two. Glad you are happy lately @DJC3
Sugar free caramel sounds fab - where can I buy it?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Must be a lot of good Catholics round here as on a Friday afternoon/evening the queue out side the fish and chip shop reaches half way down to my house (slight exaggeration) hasten to add I'm RC but realized many moons ago that there is no actual obligation on us to eat fish on a Friday just a tradition.

My FBG this morning was 4.3 yesterday was a fun day with BG ranging between 12 after lunch taking three hours to drop below 10.5 and then after a foray down to the park in the evening walking further than I have done in months when I eventually staggered back home BG was at 3.3 was not sure I was going to make it all the way home at one point but true grit and determination and a lack of any alternative got me through.:)

Can’t give a hug or a winner for your scary stagger home as I use the app and ‘Like’ is the only option. But you deserve both hugs and winners trophies.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Goodness, @JohnEGreen that sounds scary. I am glad you made it home alright.
I remember when the fish-on-Friday tradition ended over here. I had a good college friend who was in seminary, who told me.
But delicious battered cod was often a Friday standard at the deli where I lived up until last month. Or delicious catfish.

@ianpspurs Thank you for the reminder about Ember Days. They are in the older Prayer Book of the Episcopal Church but I don't know about the new one. (Which is now, come to think of it, 40-odd years old.)

7.3 this morning which makes me very happy after a no-cookies Thursday, a long walk around Walmart, and a halfway decent supper last night.
Yes a bit scary but had phone with me and was on the verge of JG phone home for rescue but I would never have lived it down.

Next Ember Days fall on September 16, 18, and 19 I think.

Though not CE my best pal who passed away this time last year was a licenced reader with the Church of England so I was very involved with his church as well as my own over the years.

And oddly enough a third cousin twice removed of mine ended up in Denver and became the Episcopal Bishop of Colorado some years back he was the Rt Rev. Fred Ingley

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Must be a lot of good Catholics round here as on a Friday afternoon/evening the queue out side the fish and chip shop reaches half way down to my house (slight exaggeration) hasten to add I'm RC but realized many moons ago that there is no actual obligation on us to eat fish on a Friday just a tradition.

My FBG this morning was 4.3 yesterday was a fun day with BG ranging between 12 after lunch taking three hours to drop below 10.5 and then after a foray down to the park in the evening walking further than I have done in months when I eventually staggered back home BG was at 3.3 was not sure I was going to make it all the way home at one point but true grit and determination and a lack of any alternative got me through.:)
Don't yo carry glucose or something similar, ? glad you got home safely.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Don't yo carry glucose or something similar, ? glad you got home safely.
I will from now on before when I have gone low I've been at home didn't occur to me that it could happen on what I expected to be just a short walk in the park so just had some no sugar squash with me not a lot of use in that situation I will know better in future.

My FBG this morning was 4.3.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've started carrying peppermints or butterscotch drops in my purse, after having to resort to Mountain Dew in the checkout lane at Walmart a week or so ago. I like peppermints and butterscotch well enough to eat them at need but not enough to be tempted at other times.

7.5 for me this morning. :)