What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 this morning - must have been the pickles and cold meat I had late last night that put it up a tad today - I had the munchies all day yesterday! Hopefully I will eat less today and I have put 1lb back on - oh no!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this morning.
s0819.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay @PenguinMum now chillax as no one ever really says. So, I slept well but woke with a 5.0 on Libre. No A1c to see where these readings lead and I don't see the point of paying for strips as well when I am highly sceptical of this whole process anyhow. I so want to be one of the Good News Bears but wasn't made that way.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8. Today. Not sure why as I had smoked mackerel breaky, cheese and ham salad dinner yesterday. I did have an unsettled night's sleep though. Very warm..one leg in one leg out. Cover on cover off scenario. Set to be 25 degrees today here on the North west coast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200624-080339_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-080339_LibreLink.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 174

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. The known unknowns today include if Libre says my fbg is 4.8 what is it really, what should it be, how can I improve it and just what damage is all this doing? The known knowns are a scorchio day and mackerel and avocado salad come what may. Let the day rip folks. Great to see you happy with fbg @PenguinMum :woot::woot:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today after a very late dinner. My son offered to do tea (impressing his beautiful girlfriend). It took him a while to find the kitchen, then he multitasked his way through cooking/watching man utd! Ate after 8pm. Frijitas (minus the wrap for me). Well worth the wait :) great fbs

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967