T1 food.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0572.jpg

Smoked haddock, dauphinoise spuds with bacon & brie, veg humus and hollandaise sauce, bowt70g carbs :p

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0591.jpg

A bit more haddock, and a Spanish omelette, 4.5u so a unit less for around 45g carbs less, which is odd but works :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Too late for a photo, eaten too quickly and it looked like pants anyway.
Squid in toms and a splosh of red wine and garlic...................... with a tiddly bit of linguine. Yummy

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0607.jpg

Naughty but nice :p and ok once in a while, 'one of each' as we say in Yorkshire, with mushy peas, no scraps, a lot of carbs and for quite a while so 5u now and see where we go in a couple of hours :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0648.jpg

Indian style chicken curry and back to rice as I've had a rest from rice during the lockdown. 4.5u Humalog now and I'd guess another 3u at supper.

Broccoli, sugar snap peas & shallot hiding under the sauce with a poached egg too. :p

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0664.jpg

The Saturday night special :) 4.5u now with a blood sugar of 4.1 from a gentle slope down after riding the pushbike, I'll probably not use as much for the later correction dose and rely on sleeping up at 9 or 9 to counter the likely bike ride hypo catching up in the early hours, anyway, chicken Madras, a keema naan bread and saag (spinach) bhaji, which cooked in ghee isn't the healthiest spinach I've eaten this week but it is by far the tastiest :p

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0668.jpg

About 80g carbs there in the cottage pie, :p 5u, cue a post prandial rise but it'll settle after an hour.

Reactions: Marie 2

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0688.jpg

Standard breakfast for the last umpteen years, porridge egg & bread, 2 slices today but it can vary depending on my waking level, 5u Humalog and I'll spike to 8 before dropping and needing a rich tea biscuit to level off.

Lunch doesn't feel so far away :p

Reactions: KK123

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lunch
Yummy huge bowl of fresh zucchini and yellow squash stir fry and 5 spice seitan pieces.
Fresh pineapple and grapes.

Dinner/snack
Mixed veggies with tempeh
Chocolate pudding made with blended tofu and melted vegan chocolate chips!

I had to guess at insulin dose with how much squash did I eat? I ate a lot lol..........But actually did quite well with a few more grapes and pineapple added.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Noodles :p

IMG_0697.jpg

Yorkshire Thai, veg and hidden veg with noodles, around 70g carbs, mostly complex...

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yesterday
Vegan burrito made with tofu chorizo, black beans, veggies and rice.
Black rice sesame crackers with hummus and pineapple and grapes
On tap Tumeric and Ginger Kombucha.
Quinoa Crunch Chocolate.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0698.jpg

2 Weetabix for the first course and eggs Benedict for breakfast, I don't usually eat fatty foods but it was a good brand of bacon in the markdown fridge and it jumped in my basket as I passed by :p
5u Humalog which is 0.5u less than the standard breakfast.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Dinner tonight was Lincolnshire sausages and homemade stuffed mushrooms, then an Irish yogurt and some grapes.
Image_1599328519 - Edited.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77