What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I keep dipping into this Zen app, I think that my mother will be downloading it also. She did mention that it would save all that work grinding ink each morning. Oh well!.

Have the very best day that you can have. I am going for koffy.

upload_2020-7-2_7-49-42-jpeg.42476

I have about 7 heavy slate inkstones @dunelm that may be needing a new home...and black ink sticks, as well as coloured ink sticks...

But it is a meditation grinding your own ink, and it goes lovely and creamy.

The heavy slate ink stones were useful in the bag when I was going on my own to the Chinese Pagoda in Chinatown on a dark winter's night for the Chinese Painting Class...

I love your painting...a beautiful horse, and path up the mountain and a red sun.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are beyond ourselves today the new hoover is arriving gennepher ..tired of gadgety vacuums cordless ones going back to the mighty Miele plug in we had for years...never looked forward to vacuuming the house so much before a little sad really.

I don't possess a vacuum cleaner, nor its associated relatives, nor a carpet cleaner...they do not fill me with joy...

I do have a witches broomstick in case you were wondering...

Enjoy your hoovering with your new all singing, all dancing gadget...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do have a witches broomstick in case you were wondering...
I need to borrow that please gennepher it will be about the only form of transport exempt from the newly inflated Congestion Charge:D:D:D

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need to borrow that please gennepher it will be about the only form of transport exempt from the newly inflated Congestion Charge:D:D:D

You are welcome to @HarryBeau
But I warn you, it is about as reliable as the Tardis to get you to your exact location...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have about 7 heavy slate inkstones @dunelm that may be needing a new home...and black ink sticks, as well as coloured ink sticks...

But it is a meditation grinding your own ink, and it goes lovely and creamy.

The heavy slate ink stones were useful in the bag when I was going on my own to the Chinese Pagoda in Chinatown on a dark winter's night for the Chinese Painting Class...

I love your painting...a beautiful horse, and path up the mountain and a red sun.
Thank you @gennepher.
I can imagine that being zonked with a bag containing heavy slate ink stones may well lead to some enlightenment,

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am dog tired shattered today.

It was a good day. Initially I had decided just to do something else at the local shops this morning. But then suddenly I realised I felt psyched up enough to drive over into England (it's within the 5 mile limit) for my weekly shop. It was good last time, much better than shopping in Wales which has draconian one way systems, making the aisles too narrow for my mobility scooter, and the one I cannot understand in Wales is making you all queue down one aisle and only one till open so there are ten or much more people in the queue waiting absolutely ages which I do not have the energy to do.

I had 3 shops next to each other in England.this morning at 8am. A much much wider range of food than I get here in Wales. I didn't have a specific shopping list because I hadn't planned on doing it this morning. There was no one way system. There was just a notice asking you to be considerate of others, but nothing in the first shop saying keep 6feet apart (or has that changed for England now).. Maybe about 10% were wearing face masks. In Wales where I live, there are virtually no face masks worn, except at the pharmacy.

Because there was no one way system, it was easy to go up and down all the aisles, and I didn't need to go back to an aisle for anything. What was nice about shopping at Lidl was they have stuff other than food. And there were things I needed, like the plastic croc style shoes (mine have worn smooth), so I got a couple of pairs at £3.99 a pair. There was other stuff I had been going to order off Amazon, but there was a lot of the stuff I needed at a fraction of the price on Amazon. So, I did very well there, and as bonus the cashier said she pack the stuff in my bags for me (this used to happen in Wales but is not happening at the moment, and leaves me very tired.

Then I went to HomeBargains next door. Again very few people in the shop. Again, no one way system, nor one of the aisle assistants insisting you have to stick to 6feet apart. And lots more stuff, that I had been going order off Amazon. Again at a fraction of the price. And I got plenty of elderly cat, cat food. And I got loads of chilled food, and really nice ready meals. When I got to the till, there were no queues, several tills open, the till assistant was so completely enclosed in plastic. He apologised he couldn't pack for me (I did have a lot of stuff), because there wasn't the room for him to do it. I said that was fine, but it completely exhausted me. As I came out of the store I saw a woman approach another woman (I don't know if they knew each other), and say to her something on the lines of HomeBargains was very much cheaper than the shopping she had done elsewhere. And to go in. This HomeBargains in England is absolutely massive, and you can buy anything from toys, to toiletries, to electrical goods, bedding, home wares, garden stuff, a large food selection, large vegetable selection, a large frozen food section, a large chilled section, clothes, pet foods and stuff, and much more.

Both these stores in England (within my designated 5 mile limit), has made life so much easier and cheaper for me today. And I can drive my mobility scooter round without any one way obstructions, and the aisles are wide enough for my mobility scooter, and so is going round corners, they are not blocked with display baskets in the aisles.

But I was wiped out. I still had to wipe everything down when I got home, and put it away. Finally I collapsed in the potting shed with Popeye, and haven't done much. But on the plus side I have enough nice food for 3 weeks, although trying to ram it into my tiny tabletop fridge and tiny table top freezer was a task, and the doors are now taped up with duck tape.

My arms have no strength left in them, and my fingers are clumsy, so I couldn't do the painting I wanted in the ZenBrush2 app. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

So I did this very simple drawing in the ZenBrush2 app. This is my painting for today. I cannot control my fingers to draw today.

Agh, just realised I never saved it! I hope it is still in the app when I open it up...

Thank goodness, it was still in the app! I took the idea of the red sun/moon from @dunelm 's pic this morning. And made it large! And did a few tiny trees...
This is the limit of my capabilities for today. It was a good day, even though I am super overtired. I can stay in for the next few weeks if I want! That is a plus!

4C2CA78D-0C17-4CD5-8DBB-DC688E5FCC2D.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am dog tired shattered today.

It was a good day. Initially I had decided just to do something else at the local shops this morning. But then suddenly I realised I felt psyched up enough to drive over into England (it's within the 5 mile limit) for my weekly shop. It was good last time, much better than shopping in Wales which has draconian one way systems, making the aisles too narrow for my mobility scooter, and the one I cannot understand in Wales is making you all queue down one aisle and only one till open so there are ten or much more people in the queue waiting absolutely ages which I do not have the energy to do.

I had 3 shops next to each other in England.this morning at 8am. A much much wider range of food than I get here in Wales. I didn't have a specific shopping list because I hadn't planned on doing it this morning. There was no one way system. There was just a notice asking you to be considerate of others, but nothing in the first shop saying keep 6feet apart (or has that changed for England now).. Maybe about 10% were wearing face masks. In Wales where I live, there are virtually no face masks worn, except at the pharmacy.

Because there was no one way system, it was easy to go up and down all the aisles, and I didn't need to go back to an aisle for anything. What was nice about shopping at Lidl was they have stuff other than food. And there were things I needed, like the plastic croc style shoes (mine have worn smooth), so I got a couple of pairs at £3.99 a pair. There was other stuff I had been going to order off Amazon, but there was a lot of the stuff I needed at a fraction of the price on Amazon. So, I did very well there, and as bonus the cashier said she pack the stuff in my bags for me (this used to happen in Wales but is not happening at the moment, and leaves me very tired.

Then I went to HomeBargains next door. Again very few people in the shop. Again, no one way system, nor one of the aisle assistants insisting you have to stick to 6feet apart. And lots more stuff, that I had been going order off Amazon. Again at a fraction of the price. And I got plenty of elderly cat, cat food. And I got loads of chilled food, and really nice ready meals. When I got to the till, there were no queues, several tills open, the till assistant was so completely enclosed in plastic. He apologised he couldn't pack for me (I did have a lot of stuff), because there wasn't the room for him to do it. I said that was fine, but it completely exhausted me. As I came out of the store I saw a woman approach another woman (I don't know if they knew each other), and say to her something on the lines of HomeBargains was very much cheaper than the shopping she had done elsewhere. And to go in. This HomeBargains in England is absolutely massive, and you can buy anything from toys, to toiletries, to electrical goods, bedding, home wares, garden stuff, a large food selection, large vegetable selection, a large frozen food section, a large chilled section, clothes, pet foods and stuff, and much more.

Both these stores in England (within my designated 5 mile limit), has made life so much easier and cheaper for me today. And I can drive my mobility scooter round without any one way obstructions, and the aisles are wide enough for my mobility scooter, and so is going round corners, they are not blocked with display baskets in the aisles.

But I was wiped out. I still had to wipe everything down when I got home, and put it away. Finally I collapsed in the potting shed with Popeye, and haven't done much. But on the plus side I have enough nice food for 3 weeks, although trying to ram it into my tiny tabletop fridge and tiny table top freezer was a task, and the doors are now taped up with duck tape.

My arms have no strength left in them, and my fingers are clumsy, so I couldn't do the painting I wanted in the ZenBrush2 app. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

So I did this very simple drawing in the ZenBrush2 app. This is my painting for today. I cannot control my fingers to draw today.

Agh, just realised I never saved it! I hope it is still in the app when I open it up...

Thank goodness, it was still in the app! I took the idea of the red sun/moon from @dunelm 's pic this morning. And made it large! And did a few tiny trees...
This is the limit of my capabilities for today. It was a good day, even though I am super overtired. I can stay in for the next few weeks if I want! That is a plus!

View attachment 42483

Glad that the foraging trip went well.

Lovely understated painting. I am still practicing holding my ‘brush’ correctly, sitting straight and learning the brush strokes. I do about 10 bamboos each morning as fast as I can, Zen style, and delete each one. Not yet ventured into the paper choices.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My computer has been misbehaving.

I emailed out my guidelines for starting back to classes.

I sent the email and attachment to two classes, then forwarded it on to the next two classes until I had forwarded it on to all the classes. I didn’t have to add the attachment as I was forwarding it each time and the attachment stayed attached.

All went well except that my accounts for 2018/19 got attached to just one of the emails. How could that happen as I had not opened or looked at last years accounts since last year. It doesn't seem possible that it could have happened. Also, I don't think it was there when I pressed send.

Luckily it was only attached to one of the emails.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad that the foraging trip went well.

Lovely understated painting. I am still practicing holding my ‘brush’ correctly, sitting straight and learning the brush strokes. I do about 10 bamboos each morning as fast as I can, Zen style, and delete each one. Not yet ventured into the paper choices.
Thank you @dunelm
I also got some hanging baskets to keep my tomatoes out of range of snails and slugs!

Cathy Wu, my teacher, said we had to practise bamboo every day for an hour. And to do it on newspaper and throw it away. And I did that everyday for 2 years.

I need to start again...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My computer has been misbehaving.

I emailed out my guidelines for starting back to classes.

I sent the email and attachment to two classes, then forwarded it on to the next two classes until I had forwarded it on to all the classes. I didn’t have to add the attachment as I was forwarding it each time and the attachment stayed attached.

All went well except that my accounts for 2018/19 got attached to just one of the emails. How could that happen as I had not opened or looked at last years accounts since last year. It doesn't seem possible that it could have happened. Also, I don't think it was there when I pressed send.

Luckily it was only attached to one of the emails.

Oops!
Not good.
I have no idea.
The only thing I have had is attachments were there when I pressed send (and it was within the Mb limit), but when I checked the send inbox, one attachment was missing.

I hope it never happens again for you.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A long busy day but some good moments sitting in MILs garden in warm sunshine for lunch.

I decided to try another Stile painting again in Derbyshire, Wolvescote Dale on the river Dove, huge white cliffs falling down to the river, rocks favoured by many climbers. watercolour A4, unfinished will finish in the morning.
IMG_20200702_185820_edit.jpg

On the subject of paper this is back on the Arches Cold Pressed 100% cotton, smoother than the Canson Cold Pressed, I actually now enjoy painting on both of these papers BUT different style is needed on each as what works on one does not work on the other.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 this morning

mr gee and I went away to the charity 'big shed' this morning by invitation to see how their CV19 arrangements will work, and give any comments. They are planning to open up gradually at the shop next to the warehouse later in the month, a separate part of the warehouse is already/still working because it handles supplies to local food bank locations and they are especially needed at the moment.

The shop/depot where we volunteer behind the scenes is a very large space and has all been laid out with a one way system and there will be reduced hours, hourly surface cleaning, limits to numbers, screens round the till area and volunteers must book a space on the schedule so numbers are controlled, only one person/couple at a time in each of the smaller work rooms (not open to the public, there are a couple of couples :hilarious: who help out).
Any donations will go into big cage containers in a separate shed and will be rotated by fork lift so that everything is quarantined for over 72 hours before they will be handled and sorted by the warehouse. All clothing must be steamed before display.

No changing rooms and any customer returns go straight back into quarantine. They also intend to have staff/marshalls keeping an eye on customers and removing any 'potentially contaminated' items for cleaning or return to quarantine.

Masks/gloves and sanitiser are all available.

They seem to have put a lot of thought into the arrangements.

Contact with other people is definitely more tiring now than I would have believed a few months ago :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - you're making good use of this 'Zen' app., very nice graphic quality ;)

@gennepher - glad your day was productive even though it was a tiring one. I like your understated zen painting very much.
I must definitely install the app. and join the club trying out the bamboo practice (though I'm not sure the android app. is quite the same).

@Muddy Cyclist - loved the metallic carapace of your 'beetle' and your 'beatle' :D and a fine start to your next painting, it already has a great sense of space.

art bit - a couple more letterboxes
no 1 -
upload_2020-7-2_20-30-58.jpeg

and no 2
upload_2020-7-2_20-31-52.png

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull thanks for your very nice words on my paintings.

Liked both of yours but again the second with The distant hills is my favourite you really have mastered that technique for detail in faraway hills which gives them solidness, distance and credability, excellent!