What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...worked again yesterday thankfully had a relatively early finish around 7pm so could relax for the rest of the evening...brilliant sunshine today both beasts have been out now relaxing one on the dining table the other on the radiator cover...why they refuse to use their cat beds or a chair or the sofa or one of their blankets perhaps because I'm finishing off some work emails they are wanting to assist me...some paperwork to do must do it every day of days...I let it build up and had no enthusiasm to deal with it...woke to a 6.7...keep safe...off to London tomorrow finally!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oops. Just picked up and drank the wrong coffee! Julie's with normal milk and full sugar caramel. Just checked bg and suddenly shot up to 6.8 - wow! More steps needed asap.
Oh dear @ianpspurs
You definitely need vastly different coffee mugs, and no reaching for the coffee much in absent mindedness...
Not just different coloured coffee mugs, but different shaped mugs...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...worked again yesterday thankfully had a relatively early finish around 7pm so could relax for the rest of the evening...brilliant sunshine today both beasts have been out now relaxing one on the dining table the other on the radiator cover...why they refuse to use their cat beds or a chair or the sofa or one of their blankets perhaps because I'm finishing off some work emails they are wanting to assist me...some paperwork to do must do it every day of days...I let it build up and had no enthusiasm to deal with it...woke to a 6.7...keep safe...off to London tomorrow finally!
You are doing brilliantly @HarryBeau
Enjoy London tomorrow!!!!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your right about zoom.
I have a two hour session every other tuesday with other senior citizens from a church I used to attend.
I am exhausted by lunch time but I also am if i cut my grass!
D.
It is so interesting that using Zoom is as exhausting as doing actual physical exercise.
Which is why I really hope I can start back teaching my pilates classes in September. Trying to teach class members on Zoom will be a nightmare - whereas in a class I can easily spot and correct incorrect alignment.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't get me wrong I respect the virus and wish to respect society but life needs to go on and so more and more risk assessing and living, what use a lot of years if I'm locked away, and yes I am terrified of getting the virus and being very ill or worse, what a mess.
That is exactly how I am beginning to feel.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a reserved and undecided start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of celeriac and some pulled pork that I found in the back of the freezer came in at 4.3 this am

Tyres - must check my tyres today. Bike going in for an MOT tomorrow at early in the morning o’clock. I can’t think why it would need a service, the furthest it has been since February is being ridden back into the garage each week or so after turning over the engine.
Interesting gallery of art to peruse this morning; the pale fluidity of @geefull, the detailed strength of the iron bridge by @Muddy Cyclist and the stirling efforts from @gennepher that reminded me of illustrations in a couple of books that I had in the 1950’s.
I have no idea where I was going with this one, no plan, just count the sticks; one long one, one short one, one medium one. Now count the leaves; one, two, sometimes three. Stop when there seems like nowhere left to go!

Have a fabulous day if you can, I can now have koffy.

View attachment 42632
I do really like this art work.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear @ianpspurs
You definitely need vastly different coffee mugs, and no reaching for the coffee much in absent mindedness...
Not just different coloured coffee mugs, but different shaped mugs...
Usually I either make my own or Julie brings it to me. I thought I would be helpful and deliver my own but forgot to ask which was which. Spectacular 9.3 at the peak after 40 mins. I now know I can feel a high but sub 3.9 has no effect. May try a banana when this is well out of my system and averages just for the hell heck of it.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually I either make my own or Julie brings it to me. I thought I would be helpful and deliver my own but forgot to ask which was which. Spectacular 9.3 at the peak after 40 mins. I now know I can feel a high but sub 3.9 has no effect. May try a banana when this is well out of my system and averages just for the hell of it.
Wow - that s that is a spectacular blood sugar rise.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. I did enjoy our meal out yesterday.

I ordered roast pork with seasonal vegetables - minus roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips and Yorkshire Pudding etc - which is what I usually do.

The waiter wrote it all down but my plate arrived with everything on it. So got a new plate and carefully fished out the lovely roast pork. Seasonal green veg arrived - leeks and peas. Oh no. Probably should have chosen salad to accompany the pork. The pork was lovely and so was the coffee. Mr K had sticky toffee pudding which he said was delicious.

The trials and tribulations of eating out low carb.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Usually I either make my own or Julie brings it to me. I thought I would be helpful and deliver my own but forgot to ask which was which. Spectacular 9.3 at the peak after 40 mins. I now know I can feel a high but sub 3.9 has no effect. May try a banana when this is well out of my system and averages just for the hell of it.

I am not very good with any sugar @ianpspurs
Even a tiny bit of sugar raises my readings.
At least you know what the high feels like now!

Maybe you remember me escaping across the border to England for that post birthday ice-cream? It was delicious after a few months of lockdown. But when I got home, less than an hour later, I knew I was on a blood sugar high. The reading was 16.9 so I rechecked it, it went up even more. I didn't take another reading until the next day. I didn't dare. But I ate foods to lower it.

No more ice creams for me :(

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 @ 2 hrs after #coffeegate. Slightly higher than I would like but hardly surprising. Spike looks suitably impressive. 4.2 @ 4 hrs - IDK if I'm working properly or not

Attachments

• coffee_mess.png
    coffee_mess.png
    163.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys,
Please, do you guys use a hosting site to post your pictures? I can't seem to do it directly?
Atb
D.

Hi @lindisfel
When you write out your post, to the right of 'post reply', the green button, is a grey button 'upload a file'. Press that and you can upload your file. BUT, it must be less than 1MB.
To reduce the file, the iPad gives me the option of large, medium , or small file size. I click on the appropriate one, and then choose full size on the app or thumbnail (you almost cannot make out a thumbnail photo, so I do full size).
On my Android it is different. I have to do all this before I press upload file. I have to have an image reducer app which I put my photo in first, and get it to under 1MB, then save it, and then I can press upload file.

I just couldn't do all this to start with. So, good luck.

lindisfel

Expert
Many thanks Gennepher, I will give it a try.
Atb
D.
Hi @lindisfel
When you write out your post, to the right of 'post reply', the green button, is a grey button 'upload a file'. Press that and you can upload your file. BUT, it must be less than 1MB.
To reduce the file, the iPad gives me the option of large, medium , or small file size. I click on the appropriate one, and then choose full size on the app or thumbnail (you almost cannot make out a thumbnail photo, so I do full size).
On my Android it is different. I have to do all this before I press upload file. I have to have an image reducer app which I put my photo in first, and get it to under 1MB, then save it, and then I can press upload file.

I just couldn't do all this to start with. So, good luck.