What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

toddy35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today @ 0800 which I'm happy with given that I ate some cheese and crackers at midnight:hungry:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    137 bytes · Views: 191

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
06:50
After dinner glass of red wine seems to help.... or just displace.... never too sure!
As long as you enjoyed it all good. I'm very suspicious of wine - says the man with >200 bottles and currently drinking 700 mls bulletproof coffee: mct oil, butter, double cream:arghh:. I blame the ear bashing about not using mct oil or nutri bullet. The things we do for love - or a quiet life:banghead:

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
As long as you enjoyed it all good. I'm very suspicious of wine - says the man with >200 bottles and currently drinking 700 mls bulletproof coffee: mct oil, butter, double cream:arghh:. I blame the ear bashing about not using mct oil or nutri bullet. The things we do for love - or a quiet life:banghead:

That bulletproof sounds like corrugated iron! :angelic:

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
06:50
After dinner glass of red wine seems to help.... or just displace.... never too sure!

Agree with you - no idea if it’s helpful or displacement but I’ll drink it either way because I really enjoy it.
Great fbg by the way, however you arrived at it.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 but 1st scan with my new libre and it can tend to read low although it was early (@6am) and our Dawn hadn't time to kick in. ;-)

It was 5.5 by 10.05am having had a coffee and cream

Still good @Debandez. Dawn seems to last from about 7am until 1pm around here!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

4.8 for me today.

@DJC3 -- You are such a kind person and always so supportive of others. As to fasting blood sugars, I have noticed that for me, it helps if I don't eat too much at night (though, of course, that doesn't mean I always manage to do this).

What a lovely thing to say Ziggy thank you. I think you’re right about evening eating - the earlier the better, but it doesn’t always fit in with the rest of the family coming home from work. ( and I’m not organised enough to manage it half the time)