What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 for me
FB_IMG_1583825846307.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.9 (twice - both hands just to be sure) on StabbyMcStabbyface. All very Meh but nothing worse. @DJC3 I followed a tag into the WHYET (Rachox) thread and can see how impending visit to the capital would impact the readings. Builder returns today - is it too soon to finish and sell?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Didn't post yesterday, so fasting levels for the last two days were 5.2 and 4.8.

@DJC3 -- Hugs for the higher number, keeping my fingers crossed you'll be back in the fives in no time.
@Pipp -- These are amazing blood sugar levels. Really well done.
@ianpspurs -- Consistently good levels, absolutely brilliant. I wished you could enjoy this way of eating more.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the link. I'm guessing/pretty sure that won't be correct either so probably avoid. Basically, I just want a handle on how effective I'm being at controlling my bg versus the collateral damage doing it this way. All diets/lifestyles have side effects/collateral damage and only a fool would bury their head in the sand about that.. Oh, Libre reckons I was 4.8 which would be ok if accurate but ......
Do you feel that eating a higher carb lower fat would be better? Or is there another way you feel might be better? For me it's easy, a high carb low fat plenty of fruit (especially bananas) got me into this boat. My t2d symptoms reared their ugly head just before my dx. They disappeared almost immediately after making some small but significant swaps. I have never felt better but maybe you haven't felt the benefit. :-(

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a longer fast yesterday, ate my main meal at lunchtime so I guess that's what resulted in the low FBG this morning. I haven't eaten yet today and I feel ok. Finger crossed my BFG isn't below 4.

I've been in the 3s and felt fine (no meds either).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you feel that eating a higher carb lower fat would be better? Or is there another way you feel might be better? For me it's easy, a high carb low fat plenty of fruit (especially bananas) got me into this boat. My t2d symptoms reared their ugly head just before my dx. They disappeared almost immediately after making some small but significant swaps. I have never felt better but maybe you haven't felt the benefit. :-(
I've certainly lost weight but those who know me best are pretty sure I've lost muscle. I'm not sure how much is down to age, non invasive cancer or this diet. I have certainly felt better before but then I haven't been this old or lived with whatever is going on or not going on. If there is another way I haven't found it yet. This is all N=1 and by some definitions I'm doing ok - it just doesn't feel nice most of the time. It suits many people and good for them and long may it continue.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Ian like you I lost a lot of weight and a good proportion of it was muscle very hard to regain muscle but dead easy to regain fat I know with age I was going to loose some muscle but it's the incredibly stupid diet I undertook that has done the damage I think.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy few days with son's 1st house purchase Friday

25th 4.3 new libre (too low at beginning and end usually)
26th 5.1
27th 5.4 libre seems to have settled in on this occasion (last one was replaced as temprimental)

Miserable weather here on the NW coast!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian like you I lost a lot of weight and a good proportion of it was muscle very hard to regain muscle but dead easy to regain fat I know with age I was going to loose some muscle but it's the incredibly stupid diet I undertook that has done the damage I think.
I watched the Phinney vids and read lots of posts saying hold the protein low. Knowing of sarcopenia makes me very uneasy about this. I'm wary of putting lower bg as the be all and end all. Unlikely for me as it doesn't taste very appealing by and large. Enough for this thread but I would have thought diet fashions will soon swing against LCHF/keto by the nature of needing to make a name for oneself/career in the science community.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 4.9 (twice - both hands just to be sure) on StabbyMcStabbyface. All very Meh but nothing worse. @DJC3 I followed a tag into the WHYET (Rachox) thread and can see how impending visit to the capital would impact the readings. Builder returns today - is it too soon to finish and sell?

Never.

I don't understand "meh." 4.9 is a great number.