What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks and i understand. I deleted it - can you do the same with your reply and I'll then delete this?. Rest of board is mainly a dystopian wasteland for me.
Maybe PM those you feel comfortable discussing this with, if you don’t feel able or willing to start a thread in open forums?
Just a suggestion, as I understand your concerns. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe PM those you feel comfortable discussing this with, if you don’t feel able or willing to start a thread in open forums?
Just a suggestion, as I understand your concerns. :)
Thanks @Pipp. Posted on full on chat thread and basically I'm probably best just shutting up as much as possible.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Pipp. Posted on full on chat thread and basically I'm probably best just shutting up as much as possible.
No, there is not ‘disagree button’ butI think if you have concerns there are people willing to discuss those. There is a time to every purpose and all that. So right place, right time right people.
No need to feel that you have to be silenced.
Oh and my fasting today was 6.1. Fine with that, having hit some 4s yesterday. Would be interesting to see what HbA1c is, but current guidelines allow GPs to pass on that for anyone consistently under 52. So maybe buy my own, home HbA1c test, or just wait until I see consultant for other stuff later this year and persuade him to stick the routine tests on the blood form.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No, there is not ‘disagree button’ butI think if you have concerns there are people willing to discuss those. There is a time to every purpose and all that. So right place, right time right people.
No need to feel that you have to be silenced.
Oh and my fasting today was 6.1. Fine with that, having hit some 4s yesterday. Would be interesting to see what HbA1c is, but current guidelines allow GPs to pass on that for anyone consistently under 52. So maybe buy my own, home HbA1c test, or just wait until I see consultant for other stuff later this year and persuade him to stick the routine tests on the blood form.
Not silenced thanks. Just clear on how this forum is and isn't useful to me. End this here - good fbg for you.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

@PenguinMum -- Hope the temperature will cooling down soon for you. Personally, I believe that stress tends to impact blood sugars significantly. So, I am not surprised that they would impact yours.
@SaskiaKC -- Hope you're doing fine. Thanks for the good morning wishes the other day.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.9.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend all.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3