What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly somewhere in the region of 4.4 to 4.6 but my fbg could equally have been at all sorts of other levels. Those ones were just what Libre's fake news put out to discredit my amazing achievements which include staying well clear of wine most of the time.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly somewhere in the region of 4.4 to 4.6 but my fbg could equally have been at all sorts of other levels. Those ones were just what Libre's fake news put out to discredit my amazing achievements which include staying well clear of wine most of the time.

I find mine is lowered by red wine thankfully ;-) so glad as I really enjoy a glass or 2. Does it put yours up Ian?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 which after eating a deliciously guilt free lemon drizzle cake (low carb) with Oppo ice cream and double cream is quite an achievement. You can see the rise and subsequent fall around that time (I'm not on meds). I love my libre.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200805-090042_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200805-090042_LibreLink.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 252

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I find mine is lowered by red wine thankfully ;-) so glad as I really enjoy a glass or 2. Does it put yours up Ian?
No it lowers it and yes I usually enjoy it when I drink it more the context than the wine. Can't see how it fits into my world much but allows me to eat some foods I like - mainly big family meal/gathering./holiday. Whatever else is the answer to a healthy lifestyle alcohol probably isn't IMHO - very wary these days. That DGF lemon drizzle initially tastes ok but the after taste is foul for me. I am wincing imagining Oppo as well. Brave, brave gal.:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: ert

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I love Oppo ice-cream.
5.8 this morning. The carrot cake effect. I still have carrot cake in the house. I need to avoid it or increase my background insulin. I'm trying to pretend it's not there today.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No it lowers it and yes I usually enjoy it when I drink it more the context than the wine. Can't see how it fits into my world much but allows me to eat some foods I like - mainly big family meal/gathering./holiday. Whatever else is the answer to a healthy lifestyle alcohol probably isn't IMHO - very wary these days. That DGF lemon drizzle initially tastes ok but the after taste is foul for me. I am wincing imagining Oppo as well. Brave, brave gal.:angelic:
I dont feel brave, I feel grateful. That I can eat desserts I like without exerting myself in the kitchen. I've no enthusiasm for baking so really appreciate others doing the hard work for me. Have you had DGF lately? You might be pleasantly surprised. No aftertaste. Eric said the same. He loves them too. We both love Oppo. I love it all the more as it doesn't put up my bs. Horses for courses I suppose.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3