What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Tesco visit in a few minutes to achieve what I failed to achieve Wednesday.

Then the day is mine although same decision to make as last Thursday, choir or not this evening, should I go or not, outside but more than two households for the amount of people, social distancing possible but lines get blurred and of course singing. Safer than pubs and probably the Tesco shop, life's activities are no longer easy. :banghead:

Achieve a day of wonderful things keeping safe along the way.
Blimey, The Clash and Pharrell Williams collisions decisions.

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Tesco visit in a few minutes to achieve what I failed to achieve Wednesday.

Then the day is mine although same decision to make as last Thursday, choir or not this evening, should I go or not, outside but more than two households for the amount of people, social distancing possible but lines get blurred and of course singing. Safer than pubs and probably the Tesco shop, life's activities are no longer easy. :banghead:

Achieve a day of wonderful things keeping safe along the way.
They claim singing is as bad as coughing out virus. When the local church opens in September face masks, social distancing, no singing are going to be the order of day for the foreseeable future.
We live in truly restrictive times, I hope we get a vaccine soon.
D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So 4.7 for the feast of the Transfiguration. Curate's egg of a day yesterday and today needs to be an all fine for now day. I'm wondering just how bio secure Addenbrookes will be. Grapes seem to be linked to the feast of the Transfiguration so if all goes well I may try some red wine. These are also touted as a runner for celebration - not sure why - could be made LC https://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/recipes/view.cfm?id=1766. Toodle pip old Toots (and the Maytals)
Edit: Also Hiroshima +75 - hmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an anticipated azure in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of home made burgers on home made bread came in at 5.2 this am

I have just pulled my bike out of the garage for a few hours riding round the North Yorkshire Moors. Might end up at our little house on the prairie for lunch and then a meander back up the coast road unless something else takes my fancy.

Have a great day if you can, koffy first. More practice with plum blossom.
upload_2020-8-6_8-9-32.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who woke.

6.1 on the meter of misbehaving and mystery.

@Muddy Cyclist good luck with prevarication and @dunelm have a good ride, shinny side up.
No riding for me today.
Mrs J would find this next sentence strange, but a day of domestication for me :) , lots of catching up to do or maybe not to do.
Now it's time for koffy.

Hand and footnote @ianpspurs thanks for the reminder 75 years since Hiroshima . I am a firm believer in the quote by Isaac Asimov " violence is the last resort of the incompetent " also Pink Floyd's " keep talking " .

Reactions: geefull

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Forgot FBG
Had breakfast straight away. Slice of toast and peanut butter, 2 eggs scrambled with butter, 2x CWC
Took BG after food and one coffee, had been up about 20 mins.
7.30am after breakfast
BG 5.7
CWC
Another day of heat expected.
Enjoy it while it lasts, will probably be cool again r raining next week.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who woke.

6.1 on the meter of misbehaving and mystery.

@Muddy Cyclist good luck with prevarication and @dunelm have a good ride, shinny side up.
No riding for me today.
Mrs J would find this next sentence strange, but a day of domestication for me :) , lots of catching up to do or maybe not to do.
Now it's time for koffy.

Hand and footnote @ianpspurs thanks for the reminder 75 years since Hiroshima . I am a firm believer in the quote by Isaac Asimov " violence is the last resort of the incompetent " also Pink Floyd's " keep talking " .
Hi Alf,
I think Oppenheimer knew it was all too late when he quoted the Bhagavad Gita.
In 62 the V bombers were loaded, the engines were running and the navigator had been briefed.
They were not coming back but flying on till they ran out of fuel.
Brave lads

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon...wow what a busy day shopping now working again...even managed to fit in a little housework trying to keep 'Plumpy' out of the house he has a habit of barking his head off while I'm in interview...no time for lunch & trying to eat just once a day...no idea what my FBG was been on the go all day...will catch up tomorrow...keep safe everyone

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a few quick ideas for my daily art. Three very quick sketches of Beech Trees for the series. I want dark and mysterious but not in the fairy tale book illustrative sense which two of these seem to be. I will probably do the top left and the bottom a quick pencil and wash but in my usual style A4 watercolour . This will mean a lot of work on each so expect to see development over a couple of days.

IMG_3611.JPG

I like Beech tree circles and so will probably start with the bottom sketch as a painting.