1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Hi Alf,
    I think Oppenheimer knew it was all too late when he quoted the Bhagavad Gita.
    In 62 the V bombers were loaded, the engines were running and the navigator had been briefed.
    They were not coming back but flying on till they ran out of fuel.
    Brave lads

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 5
    #29442 ianpspurs, Aug 6, 2020 at 1:33 PM
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  3. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

:)

You are getting lots of practice in!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Afternoon...wow what a busy day shopping now working again...even managed to fit in a little housework trying to keep 'Plumpy' out of the house he has a habit of barking his head off while I'm in interview...no time for lunch & trying to eat just once a day...no idea what my FBG was been on the go all day...will catch up tomorrow...keep safe everyone

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just a few quick ideas for my daily art. Three very quick sketches of Beech Trees for the series. I want dark and mysterious but not in the fairy tale book illustrative sense which two of these seem to be. I will probably do the top left and the bottom a quick pencil and wash but in my usual style A4 watercolour . This will mean a lot of work on each so expect to see development over a couple of days.

IMG_3611.JPG
    I like Beech tree circles and so will probably start with the bottom sketch as a painting.

• Winner Winner x 8
  6. Muddy Cyclist

@dunelm Your Bamboo and Plum Blossom is a real treat and you have now even got me counting your petals. :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Muddy Cyclist

@gennepher Popeye portraits are getting better each day, he's going to be one mighty famous cat, immortalised in art.:)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Muddy Cyclist

I read that but have also read a study done by GErmany published in the Cof E magazine that says it may be not. So much not understood about Covid or maybe it is and they are not letting on. Either way it makes the risk assessing and deciding what to do even more difficult.

Edit.. FOr clarity I'm not a church goer or CofE, Methodist but with no time for organised religion. Link was passed on to me by other singer I know.

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2020/5-june/news/uk/singing-might-not-be-so-great-a-risk-after-allhttps://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2020/5-june/news/uk/singing-might-not-be-so-great-a-risk-after-all

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

It is ok, Muddy, I am ok with disorganised religion as well.
    Perhaps even more so! :)
    D.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I’m trying to but some days it’s tricky. Working on a Japanese word “Kintsugi” at present - it means ‘golden repair”.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good evening, a good ride round the North Yorkshire Moors. Weather a bit indecisive but an OK day. Some photos of the day/
    Here is Roseberry Topping near Great Ayton of Capt Cook fame.
    upload_2020-8-6_18-44-0.jpeg

Coming up out of Beck Hole just the other side of Goathland (where the programme Heartbeat was filmed).

upload_2020-8-6_18-45-38.jpeg

Approaching Chimney Bank in Rosedale, a 1 in 3 hill both up or down.

upload_2020-8-6_18-47-48.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good evening all :)

was 4.4 this morning

a hot day today so we're glad to be back home from the 'big shed' and we've had a very pleasant walk around the village enjoying the sea breeze :)

Loads of people in the village today and a lot of children swimming, wet suits seem to be 'de rigueur' for swimming nowadays :sorry: how fashions change :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - hope things went well today and that the level of 'squeaky clean' was impressive :)

@dunelm - two lovely plum blossom pictures, what a lovely idea to use the teapot for inspiration. You really have the knack for bamboo, always strong :)
    Rammstein -the German group? interesting mental image for the wild, windy tree bending weather :D Had a friend who used to listen to 'Sonne' when driving home from long meetings, reckoned that it helped him get rid of any lingering irritation, all that counting to ten ;) :hilarious:

@gennepher - thank you for the mounting info. I will look into it, it's a bit of a strange concept for me thinking about 'finishing' any of my art :)
    Popeye is turning into a series of his own (could be like the Hokusai '36 views of Mount Fuji' :joyful:), I love today's work with his characterful and expressive whiskers :)

@Muddy Cyclist - thank you for the mount information, I'm going to look into it and see what would best fit the size of my artwork, in future I'll perhaps need to work to an easily available size of aperture :)

Hugs for the singing dilemma :( difficult when it can bring such joy.

I'm enjoying your beech trees, lovely bark colour and texture and once again the light is wonderful, I don't feel the grass in the foreground has detracted from the scale, rather that the trees have given scale to the lush growth this time of year :) Looking forward to the series and seeing the development of the works which I always find interesting :joyful:

art bit -
    a nod to the 'zen' style artworks, started off intending to do simple brush strokes but ended up using a bit of 'inktense' pencil too on the chrysanthemum petals
    upload_2020-8-6_20-10-41.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  13. gennepher

I remember seeing beech tree circles on mounds in fields when I was a child @Muddy Cyclist
    I look forward to seeing the finished painting!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gennepher

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
    Maybe oneday he might be :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  15. gennepher

Thank you for the Popeye compliment @geefull

I love a bunch of yellow chrysanthemums.
    This chrysanthemum is stunning.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  16. Muddy Cyclist

Thankyou @geefull and @gennepher for your encouraging comments regarding my Beech Tree series.

@dunelm great scenes thanks for posting them, what a great run out.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Muddy Cyclist

The best type of religion in my opinion. :joyful:

On the singing front Mrs MC and I decided to risk it and it was great to sing in a group again. Probably not as safe as I would have liked, probably not within Gov guidelines, certainly safer than several Pubs we passed with full looking beer gardens on route to choir. Activity all took place outside facing in the same direction, winter will be a very different affair and it maybe that for those cold months no choir will meet.

Two of our folk band members were also there and we discussed how we may be able to meet up and play, non of us ever expect to gig again. We know technology can be used to create our music but it's that audience rapport that we thrive on that unfortunately can only be attained at live gigs. :(

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. Muddy Cyclist

And a fine nod indeed. A very well captured Chrysanthemum I really enjoyed studying the detail you have painted into it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Muddy Cyclist

Good Morning and a 5.5 for me today.

Lovely start to the morning with bright sunshine and blue skies. A long Mountain Bike Ride I think as Mrs MC is off doing horsey things and then visiting her mom in the garden of the care home. But first I must water our not great edible garden before the sun gets to it.

Let your day take it where it will and embrace it boldly. Keep safe.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.6 for me have s good day everyone FB_IMG_1584048610937.jpg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook