What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.10am FBG 6.4
Am begining to wonder if I am eating too much? Except weight this morning shows a slight loss.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bah, humbug from me, cooler and fresher but I am pleased for all you who struggled with the warmish and humid weather. Fbg of between 3.9 and 4.2 depending on device used to scan. Probably higher irl but maybe not. Went low in the night but no symptoms and surely must help the average. After a year of changes I would like a couple of fixed points of good results as a starting point for dealing with T2/diet puzzle. The period between about 6.00 am and 9.00 am - breakfast - seems to be the issue. I don't want food/extra cals if I can avoid it. The next A1c is important for "the project". Good to see you are about @jjraak - I was wondering where you were; @Krystyna23040 hope 16 hrs fast goes well - I gave a hug for soup of any kind, I'm sure yours is/was classy. Last 2 days we had the youngest grandchild, today I probably have the oldest to myself. No secret he is closest to me and will be almost totally self managing. Julie is off to "home" area to help MIL have her house valued. She (MIL) has never done that - she may be moving into this area. Double edged sword that. MIL at over 90 will need to be watched/helped and we and boys are here. Does mean I am anchored here for a while - alters what I do with this place. Renovate to sell asap or for our comfort? . Toodle pip old beans.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a mithering morning in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of eating out and a large bowl of mussels came in at 4.6 this am.

My eyes are not that good this morning - all dry and gritty. Squirted some anusol into them, or was it visco tears difficult to read the label. Still not as clear as they could be - all sticky and blury bits.

So, keep it simple stupid. Quick sketch - make some koffy.

upload_2020-8-14_8-1-10.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The wonder wheel of eating out and a large bowl of mussels came in at 4.6 this am.

My eyes are not that good this morning - all dry and gritty. Squirted some anusol into them, or was it visco tears difficult to read the label. Still not as clear as they could be - all sticky and blury bits.

View attachment 43327
Hug for the eye problems, winner for even attempting some art and although simple there are some fine lines put down.

Thanks for comments on my root painting.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
. Squirted some anusol into them, or was it visco tears difficult to read the label. Still not as clear as they could be - all sticky and blury bits.
Easy mistake. Ralgex would have been worse :arghh: and on Mr Floppy is far,far worse - so I'm told:angelic:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher your Morning art creation is fascinating, the stuff of dreams and a creative imagination. I am enjoying the darkness it emanates and the colours you have added reds and greens reaching for the light source.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 43327

Might be a simple drawing as you say, but it is effective... @dunelm

Always good to do that daily art work even if you have a job seeing the screen...

I have a bedside drawer with 3 partitions. First one is dry mouth and throat stuff which includes tubes and sprays and dry mouth pastilles. Second partition is nose and breathing stuff eg Bricanyl and nose spray. Third and last partition is eye stuff which is Vita-Pos eye ointment (with vit A) for night time (and it is like looking through a sheet of Vaseline) and this metal tube is slimmer than the day time eye gel which comes in a plastic tube, and there are single vials, and there are eye sprays too. These are all prescription stuff. I have to make sure the right thing is in the right partition.

I have never made a mistake yet.

Several years ago I read about someone who put a tube of superglue next to her eye ointment...wasn’t pretty. So I never have any glues in my bedroom.

Enjoy your coffee...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost there with my end of year accounts. Much cooler so found my brain was working better.

Made some celery and broccoli soup flavoured with Levi Roots Caribbean Seasoning which I had before my Salmon Salad dinner at 2pm. It will be a 16hr fast today.
For your fast do you just drink water? do you count coffee/tea or only if no almond/non standard milk?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...much cooler here thank goodness even a slight breeze but the threat of another thunder storm is lingering in the background...reading about the exam fiasco so many pupils downgraded it stinks...lots of people advising them to appeal the decisions some will but lots are likely to find the cost prohibitive...I had no idea you had to pay to appeal a manifestly unfair decision based on an unpublished algorithm so effectively those who want to appeal will be stumbling about in the dark...ooh the machinations of dirty politics will no doubt be long lasting...paperwork to do today so another coffee then to work...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.2 this morning had been down to 3.5 in the night after breakfast oddly down to 3.8 not feeling too bad though still not had any of the promised thunder storms just dull overcast sky and a bit cooler today.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hope 16 hrs fast goes well - I gave a hug for soup of any kind, I'm sure yours is/was classy.
The fast went really well but the strange thing was the fasting has triggered a craving for broccoli and celery soup. A very weird craving to have - especially in a heat wave.
It wasn't classy at all. I threw celery and broccoli into some chicken bone broth made in our multi cooker and just added salt, pepper and the Levi Roots seasoning. Then served with shaved parmesan. Delicious. Mr K wouldn't eat it. He does not like broccoli and celery soup.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
For your fast do you just drink water? do you count coffee/tea or only if no almond/non standard milk?
Mostly I just drink water or Redbush tea with no milk. But I sometimes do have coffee with a teaspoon of cream during a fast. I did read that Jason Fung drinks coffee and cream when intermittent fasting so I am in good company.

Reactions: UserABC2021

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
.Mr K wouldn't eat it. He does not like broccoli and celery soup.
A righteous and Godly decision. The man is a legend. :angelic:

Mostly I just drink water or Redbush tea with no milk. But I sometimes do have coffee with a teaspoon of cream during a fast. I did read that Jason Fung drinks coffee and cream when intermittent fasting so I am in good company.

Serious question: Does my usual 17 hrs on just tea with almond milk and almond milk latte count? I'm allergic to Fungs - (his audible books are amazing for sending me to sleep though. Highly unlikely to ever progress far. 5 mins is plenty)

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Not like me in Cyprus 20 years ago, I use the Cif instead of the sunblock! :)D.

View attachment 43327