Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Waves from the remote corner of Scotland where I'm currently holed up.

Clearly where I should have been from the start of lockdown! Ratios all back to pre-lockdown levels, hypo city galore for the 3 days but all quickly sorted though I do need to replenish the Full-Fat Coke supplies having treated my friend to a demonstration of how I can glug it back without tasting how horrid it is when on a 3.3 pre-dinner, then have a mouthful an hour later as an extra nudge up, and pull faces galore as it has gone back to tasting disgusting. One of life's great mysteries, that.

I shall blame fewer steps but more effective ones on the contours along with the reduction of Other People-related anxiety levels. As in, there are far fewer people around, and they are, on the whole, complying with all advised guidance about distancing and face coverings. Whatever it is, I'm just pleased the lockdown ratios were just that - temporary.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
My pup's 14 months now, she's a German Shorthaired Pointer and they're known not to mature fully till they're at least two. Nevertheless I'd like to have a bit more control than I do. As a breed, they don't have the same desire to please humans that spaniels tend to, which does make them harder work. Big generalisations, though a fair bit of evidence for them I think.
I have a field trial spaniel with FTCH bloodlines, breed to be able to concentrate for 60 seconds, so my sympathy to you too is first hand. She listens to me for 60 seconds and then switches off, which makes it difficult to get her attention to recall her. I've been lucky to work with trainers who understand this. Crashed my blood sugars at agility yesterday. They were 7.4 for most of it and ended up at 3.6 at the end. I had to wait to recover before driving home.

Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Waves from the remote corner of Scotland where I'm currently holed up.
I miss holidays in Scotland. I have family who moved to Australia from Scotland in 1915. It feels like a home away from home to me. I'd really like to move there.

Reactions: Leeannea

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke up to sunshine after a day of early torrential rain which lasted on and off till late afternoon, so that's enough to put me in a good mood. Oh, and waking bg of 4.3 after a hideous hypo aftr dinner last night. Not sure what was going on; think I miscalculated insulin for the seven fat chips I had with dinner (this is probably a four times a year thing - ham, egg and chips - mostly my evening meals are virtually carb-free). So that's pretty much enough to put me off for life. Took a lot of jelly babies to get things back to normal, then going too high at bedtime so had to correct, but seem to have got that bit right.

Hope you all have sunny, hypo-free days!

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, made and ate choux buns yesterday for Mr Bs birthday. Yummy and BG was great this morning
choux buns.jpg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, sunny here which is nice as I can get some washing on the line, I'd planned to take my young un & friend to Go Ape but it's fully booked so we'll do it another day, we may go elsewhere but I'll have to wait till she phones :banghead: which helps with forward planning of mealtimes injections and the like.

I bought a new Miaomiao holder from eBay and had to smile as it came with a small 12.5g bag of Haribo sweets with a sticker saying 'Hypo treat' which I suppose is a different way of looking at it, the last hypo 'treat' I had was in our town centre when the said 'treat' was a cream cake :p :p

Reactions: Antje77

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A bottle of Orca......wait a sec, wasnt that the name of the boat in "Jaws"
Yep, shark fishing boat but the wine is a nice big number from Ventoux, France. Very juicy and went with some smelly French cheese called Langre!

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Snorkeling today, not to the turtle beach but to a beach that has lots of varieties of fish. Some large ones too which unless you go way out are usually harder to find. Lots of Angel Fish, Butterfly Fish, Tang, Triggerfish, Surgeons, Wrasse etc etc. It's the most variety in one area I think I've seen yet of mature fish. This beach is a state park and the fish are protected, plus we don't really have tourists right now. This is usually one of the most packed beaches, so the lifeguard said the fish keep coming back. Just a few months ago we noticed there was a big variety, but they weren't that big..............now they all are growing up! It's amazing how well the North Shore is doing without as many people, reef with coral is growing more too.

My sugars behaved themselves, which is nice, I'm not sure what will happen tonight though. I haven't been able to completely figure that out yet! Of course I think there is no completely figuring out anything is there...................

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Snorkeling today, not to the turtle beach but to a beach that has lots of varieties of fish. Some large ones too which unless you go way out are usually harder to find. Lots of Angel Fish, Butterfly Fish, Tang, Triggerfish, Surgeons, Wrasse etc etc. It's the most variety in one area I think I've seen yet of mature fish. This beach is a state park and the fish are protected, plus we don't really have tourists right now. This is usually one of the most packed beaches, so the lifeguard said the fish keep coming back. Just a few months ago we noticed there was a big variety, but they weren't that big..............now they all are growing up! It's amazing how well the North Shore is doing without as many people, reef with coral is growing more too.

My sugars behaved themselves, which is nice, I'm not sure what will happen tonight though. I haven't been able to completely figure that out yet! Of course I think there is no completely figuring out anything is there...................
.[/QUOTE]
Wow. Jealous. Hope the visibility is good. Enjoy.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@ert. I am lucky and enjoying my retirement. The waters are usually very clear here. We pushed to be able to move here thinking this is the one place we would stay active all year round. It’s worked out wonderfully. I am very very lucky!

Reactions: kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w I know you are not far from Leeds and they have a Go Ape at Temple Newsam not far from the A64. If you wanted another string to your bow.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w I know you are not far from Leeds and they have a Go Ape at Temple Newsam not far from the A64. If you wanted another string to your bow.

Ah :banghead::) I'm just back from Castle Howard but thank you as it's worth a look for the next time, the 75m zip line worries me a little as I've got diabetic knee on my left side :p (it doesn't always do as it's supposed to) and a mate twisted his when he went but I don't see what's stopping me getting my feet high and using the bump stop...

Reactions: hh1 and Antje77

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@kev-w Oooh ziplines are fun! But yea I screwed up my knee really bad on one. It depends on how well they’ve rigged the landing. In my case it was 15 years ago and very early on with ziplines and it had a very crude landing. I saw one on Amazing Race and couldn't wait to try one. But this one you landed on a dirt slope and you had to put your feet down and scramble up the hill while you still had momentum. I landed and twisted on a knee. Luckily it was on the last line in a series of 7 lines because I could barely walk afterwards. Later they changed it to a flat landing that you could just put your feet down after it slowed. It was gorgeous.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah :banghead::) I'm just back from Castle Howard but thank you as it's worth a look for the next time, the 75m zip line worries me a little as I've got diabetic knee on my left side :p (it doesn't always do as it's supposed to) and a mate twisted his when he went but I don't see what's stopping me getting my feet high and using the bump stop...

Ha ha! We were parked near there ready to meet son and grandson for a walk on the day it reopened. It all looked pretty well organised. Love watching, but wouldn’t get me on. Scaredy cat!

Reactions: kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The wind it is a coming. Started getting windier about an hour ago. Need to get first coat on bedroom ceiling today. As long as husband can get to garage for paint all should be fine.
Have a good safe day everyone.

Reactions: karen8967