Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning. It seems that we have a new patio table in our back garden.....I think the fairies must have delivered it last night :hilarious::hilarious: WOW how windy was it last night AND also this morning....I think I may try and get my Peter Powell stunt kite out later

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good morning. It seems that we have a new patio table in our back garden.....I think the fairies must have delivered it last night :hilarious::hilarious: WOW how windy was it last night AND also this morning....I think I may try and get my Peter Powell stunt kite out later
It's windy here too. My hair is still wild after the morning dog walk.

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, so I've had a decent morning; dog walked - yes, I get the hair thing @ert :eek: - run some errands, got home only to see that we could lose @porl69 into the stratosphere! Don't do it mate, don't do it!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The wind here promised much but failed to deliver, thank goodness. 1st coat on ceiling and pizza and wine downed. All good in sugar land. Keeping my needy eye on it.

Reactions: kev-w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon all, I'm having a birthday blow out, sod the pancreas, liver and BG
Oysters and proper French fizz so far at lunch and looking forward to seafood risotto, squid, prawns and palourdes..... posh for clams
and wine of course
Then left over choux buns with chocolate topping............80% naturally
See you all tomorrow

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@SueJB

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Sun's up, BG at a respectable level 4.5 considering the carbs I munched yesterday I'm happily amazed

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,
Sun's up, BG at a respectable level 4.5 considering the carbs I munched yesterday I'm happily amazed
Belated Happy Birthday Sue! You sound like someone who knows how to celebrate!

None of the promised rain fell here yesterday, just strong winds. Started sunny today, gloomy now and there's meant to be less chance of rain than yesterday - who knows? Hope it stays dry as my new toy arrived yesterday - a shiny new cordless reciprocating saw - which I tried out briefly but want to use today. Some of my laurel hedges need a drastic cut-back, and this is the toy for the job, goes through smaller woody branches like nothing and very little effort to get through a 3" trunk. Much gutsier than I expected. Amazing what I get excited about these days ;) Have a good day all.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Belated Happy Birthday Sue! You sound like someone who knows how to celebrate!

None of the promised rain fell here yesterday, just strong winds. Started sunny today, gloomy now and there's meant to be less chance of rain than yesterday - who knows? Hope it stays dry as my new toy arrived yesterday - a shiny new cordless reciprocating saw - which I tried out briefly but want to use today. Some of my laurel hedges need a drastic cut-back, and this is the toy for the job, goes through smaller woody branches like nothing and very little effort to get through a 3" trunk. Much gutsier than I expected. Amazing what I get excited about these days ;) Have a good day all.
I've got a reciprocating saw and it's the best thing in the garden @hh1. Thanks for the wishes
I put the washing out, nice and windy and then it chucked it down and got soaked bringing it in
Sun's coming out now, to put it back out or not?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
None of the promised rain fell here yesterday, just strong winds. ;) Have a good day all.[/QUOTE]
I've been caught out in two downpours, without a coat, while dog-walking. It didn't look like rain yesterday afternoon or this morning. It appeared out of nowhere. I couldn't have been more soaked even if I'd fallen into the river. :)

Reactions: SueJB

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I thought I'd cut the grass before attacking the hedges. Less chance of rain today than yesterday, and twenty minutes in I was rained off. I want to live in England, but sometimes I do wish the weather was just a tiny bit more predictable. Bet you do too @ert!

Reactions: SueJB and kev-w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1592328488597.jpg

Reactions: Clivethedrive

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and I think I'll take Karen's advice above :) yesterday was all about lifting a concrete sub floor which is now lifted and in a large pile in the front garden and I'm sat in my living room with my feet on the original concrete base and I'll need around 300kg of self levelling compound to sort it out from the front to back, not too hard a job as I've a mate to help when I do it but it means staying out of the room for a day whilst it sets.

Tired tho :) but am going to my eldests for dinner later on so a lazy day I think :)

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Belated Happy Birthday @SueJB

@kev-w Hope you had that lazy day!

I have been thoroughly enjoying the lack of litter - it's a bit of an enormous issue round by me and I have a litter picking device for the occasions I get totally fed up with it and go out litter picking in some kind of community-mindedness. However, 50% of what I have seen here on holiday has been discarded diabetes supplies - two test strips and two little round plastic tops of single-use lancets! That's a first for the lancet tops though I have seen discarded test strips and in more usual times, when I've had PPE gloves in my bag as a work thing, I've picked them up and put them with my own discarded ones (my area prefer them in the sharps bins - I have clear instructions).

The weather's on the wet and blustery side and I am taking the hint and staying inside and relaxing.