Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yippee!!!!!! The Libre scans underwater! I stayed out 2 hours and watched my BG levels stay in a decent range the whole time! I happily would have stayed out longer but my hubby was complaining his ankles were hurting lol. How much easier/nicer it's going to be to know what my BG level is doing when snorkeling!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yippee!!!!!! The Libre scans underwater! I stayed out 2 hours and watched my BG levels stay in a decent range the whole time! I happily would have stayed out longer but my hubby was complaining his ankles were hurting lol. How much easier/nicer it's going to be to know what my BG level is doing when snorkeling!

Excellent news, Marie. Did you have your reader in a sealed bag?

I must admit to always being dubious about those, but used them for phones etc., when sailing - just in case. They didn't save 2 iPhones for my OH, but then again, he had forgotten to baggie his phone up, and dived in, with phone in shorts pocket.

Don't they say repeating the same mistakes tells us something about the person?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@DCUKMod I used a stash pouch for the reader, the stash pouch was recommended to me by someone. I have already been using one for 4 months now for my iphone and have been taking lots of underwater pictures. It hasn't leaked at all. If it ever does I am hoping the water resistance of the iphone will save it from damage.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and happy Mondays :) dinner at the eldest's cost 3 injections and 12u Humalog but I did have 5 Yorkshires as a starter and was very nice at the end of a lazy Sunday, I may continue overeating tonight if the youngest fancies eating out as it's discount night :)

Pins and needles suck and the last 2 nights I've had them in my arm and hand, probably due to hammering the floor up and sleeping on that arm as the Libre's on the other one, quite frustrating waking as I normally sleep well :/

My youngest slept over and there's no waking sounds coming from her room yet but there's power tools to be used this morning so I don't see her laying in bed long today :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, cramp in leg at 2am, checked BG 3.2. I didn't want to eat anything but forced down a choc digestive, revolting at that time in the morning. Woke at 8.2
Love yorkshires @kev-w, hope you made them yourself

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
How cool are you. Underwater scans? Who would have believed it!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had a chat with my diabetes nurse today about my weird hyper symptom of upper back ache as it baffles me because it’s not really a listed hyper symptom nor does anyone seem to suffer with it. She was just as baffled as I was so I guess I’m still non the wiser as to why I get it or what the reason is!

Reactions: Clivethedrive

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, frustrating day as all I really wanted to do was get on with hedge cutting, but it's not a job to do in torrential rain. So I've been doing some paperwork I've been avoiding, playing some training games indoors with my pup, and doing some much-needed tidying up. I very nearly could've joined @Marie 2 swimming underwater in the garden this afternoon.....

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I made the most of a beautiful day in a very lovely area as I think we will be inside for tomorrow! I managed to remember to take less insulin with lunch and came home on a good number am now post-pizza! Doing OK so far but a pre-bed time correction would not surprise me.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Antje77

Both of these are designed to definitely be water proof, I did not want to take a chance with my phone!!!! Ocean water is a killer for phones. But if it leaks ever it should be minimal and hopefully since the phone is water resistant it won't hurt it. I keep an up to date back up of my phone just in case.

I have been using one on my phone for 4 months now and got a second one for the reader. I got the larger iphone size one just to make sure it fit okay. The smaller might work. Some had said they had been using it for a while (one for years) not to read BG levels but to have their phone with them and it has worked with no issues. It has good reviews.

https://stashincorporated.com/

This is another brand recommended to me and also had good reviews. But I have not tried it. This doesn't say as much about swimming with it, nor about still using the camera of the iphone underwater with it. Just boating etc I believe.

https://aquapac.net/

Last edited:
Reactions: holmroad

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone brollies at the ready have a good day
Good morning! I'll pass on the brolly, though - I can break one without any help from the wind let alone in the hoolie that's blowing out there!!

Reactions: hh1

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, a little high waking at 9.4 but the last 2 days I've had pins and needles in my hand (not diabetic ones) when I've woke and that's gone this morning so I can't complain :)

It's going to be a dusty day as I think I'll be sanding with the french door closed due to the rain tho I've a few FP3 masks left that I'd bought before the pandemic for the purpose and I've not wasted them shopping and hopefully I'll take the youngest for a meal at teatime as the Boris cheap food offer expires at the end of the month.

Nice weather for ducks.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
A cap came off of a tooth last night, so had a trip to the dentist this afternoon. Gorgeous day today, a little warmish but a nice breeze.

My blood sugars wanted to drop all afternoon, a little annoying. Yum, when we were at the north shore yesterday we picked up some chocolate covered vegan taro donuts. They are so good and I'm getting much better at guessing how to dose for them and actually had a whole one today, along with a huge bowl of broccoli and tofu so part of my meal was healthy! Hmmmm, that dose guessing and eating a whole donut which I never do, might have aided in my annoying lower blood sugar trends ...............lol, it was worth it!!!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning.
Why are doctors receptionist such hard work? I have just changed doctors and want to add some items onto my repeat script-----easy, I hear you say. Hmmmmmm. Receptionist has asked why I need Tresiba as I am on a pump and do not need long lasting insulin. Had to explain to here the consequences of a pump failure

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, still very blowy here in Somerset but there've been outbreaks of sun for the past couple of hours. Dare I try hedge-cutting? Not sure if there's going to be a better day for it this week, but it's hard to get a straight line when the hedge keeps moving backwards and forwards - the wind's blowing directly towards it!

@porl69 I haven't changed GP practice in nearly 30 years so I don't envy you. And if I want to amend my script I just email my diabetes nurse at the surgery and she fixes it for me - magic!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@hh1 my last diabetic nurse did not have a clue about diabetes. I did tell her never to advise me on anything diabetes related. She did say to me that since I have been on the pump I haven't ordered a repeat on my Tresiba! She did think that I needed background insulin while pumping......from a GP diabetic nurse was almost farcical :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: urbanracer

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 my last diabetic nurse did not have a clue about diabetes. I did tell her never to advise me on anything diabetes related. She did say to me that since I have been on the pump I haven't ordered a repeat on my Tresiba! She did think that I needed background insulin while pumping......from a GP diabetic nurse was almost farcical :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
:***:? Sometimes there's just no hope..........