What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh blast just found the loaf I bought this morning is wholemeal, one of the things on MrSlims Avoid List. Will have to go out again to buy some more suitable bread. There is also the fact that MrSlim dislikes wholemeal, saying he might as well eat sawdust.
Bread is doing my head in. Could manage on one shopping trip every few weeks, until our neighbours arrived and insisted on taking me every week. Now am going to buy bread two or three times a week. Just as the Covid-19 is rising so rapidly a second lockdown is looking likely.
Edited to add:
Seems I was mistaken about national lockdown. The plan now is to instigate localised restrictions where and when neccessary.

I'd say that was the way we will all go.

I doubt very much most govt could enforce a 2nd national lockdown without serious civil unrest,
and it probably wouldn't make good sense, either.

personally i'd plan for that 'local' eventuality, and possibly more then one, as the numbers roll up and down.

i see it a see-saw.
the lockdown was hard,
the unlock will let the numbers rise, because we just don't know how badly each move will make the situation.

For those with a competent govt.

the next lockdown, (local) should be less harsh on a nation,
the next unlock will cause a slower rise in numbers,
and etc etc..
until we get a vaccine, that works
or a balance that most can live with...imho

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rang my Health Centre, largest in the area, regarding HbA1c test which was not done in March, I was told to give them a call in August, however they are still not doing these tests, odd as my wife's Health Centre, she uses a different one, is doing blood tests. Also asked about Flu Jab again no dates, apparently they will be in touch, don't hold your breath, Mrs MC already does have a date for the Jab, what's going on?

Obv been under the guidance of Bozo,
with everything being world beating, at your centre of excellence as i believe you said they call it..Lol

Did read that the flu jab roll out was going to be car park centric, ala covid testing, to avoid the queues in surgeries, (makes sense)
can't see why for those able, the tests can't be conducted via outdoors, tbh.
safer for all, i would have said.

Be my preference over sitting in a crowded waiting room to be called in, or stuck in the rain outside as i was once at the chemists.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I decided to keep mine simple - if only the doing was so. Teles - goddess of perfection. But we can never be so, and neither can she. As flawed as her intricate bowls proudly displayed. Wabi-Sabi is a world view centered on the idea of transience and imperfection. Kintsugi, embracing the flawed and the imperfect. Enso, the circle, is open, expressing imperfection. As Leonard Cohen said, “there is a crack in everything - that’s how the light gets in”.

Have the most wonderful day that you can - koffy time.
upload_2020-8-26_8-9-55-jpeg.43547

Thank you @dunelm

Wonderful muse!

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
very windy yesterday, and the rain.:woot:

but today is better, it seems.

madam plans to take scrappy doo, a friend's puppy for a walk, and needs a driver to get them to the park,
so that's my afternoon sorted.

View attachment 43550

Been absent of late, just haven't had my heart in a lot of things lately.

given myself a good talking to, and starting today taking fbg in morning once more.

So fbg 6.5...better then expected, considering.
temp 36.1

loving the art works, btw..:D

and good to see everyone doing well.

enjoy the day, all.:)
Loving Scrappy Doo and seeing you back and testing. Hang tough big fella.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I want Scrappy Doo what a gorgeous young man...good to see you back with your FBG I am making more of an effort too!
Yes, he's very easy to love
Attitude, stubborn, that proud little walk & so much fun

We lost our cat, discussed another, decided against, then fate gave us Marley, our cat on loan.

However we never envisaged a dog..

And i probably still wouldn't if we hadn't met this little chap.

But in the very unlikely event he needs rehoming, we'd be on that long list of possible new mummies n daddies.

Yeah, last few months and last few weeks just sucked, got so lax with the testing

Good for you getting back on track.

Think I've got my second wind for getting back into testing and being that bit more responsible, too.

Not too worried I stopped, if I'm honest
I do have form.:bag:

Get very 'into' something, and run with it for quite a while

Far too many to recount, but I played golf 2/3 years..golf bore tbh.

Then one day...just stopped.
Star sign apparently .. Aries.

Well that's my excuse. ;):hilarious:

But now heading back on track :)

lindisfel

Expert
No idea. Newish Libre sensor reckons 3.6 and I can't be doing with stabbing today but it reckoned I was 2.3 last night. Good job I don't need to medicate but since my core diet and routines vary little unlikely to be outside my normal range, Blustery here yesterday and today but very little rain and 3 days grandchildren sharing upcoming. Jimmy Anderson and me have 600 test wickets between us as of yesterday. I'm a sharing kinda guy.
Massive achievement for you both.
I just wish I could share his athleticism!
:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well today fbg was 5.0 today am using my Libre reader as with test strips for a change.

Just found a nice web site for any one stuck at home looking ar the same old view every day it's called window swap where people from all over the world have put web cams or video cameras looking out of their windows so you can watch their views and put your own up if you wish brilliant.

https://window-swap.com

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well today fbg was 5.0 today am using my Libre reader as with test strips for a change.

Just found a nice web site for any one stuck at home looking ar the same old view every day it's called window swap where people from all over the world have put web cams or video cameras looking out of their windows so you can watch their views and put your own up if you wish brilliant.

https://window-swap.com
Lovely idea but I think many on here have swapped their windows for apples John:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am having a problem here.
An internet friend found an app that could transcribe voice mail and send it to your email inbox.
Sounds good doesn't it? But I have to leave a voicemail message. So I did. And she listened to it. My internet friend What'sApped me back saying 'You're not dead G'
She is trying to help me set it up properly.
'I know I'm not dead' - me.
'Record the message again ,' internet friend orders.
'OMG, that message sounds like someone in their death throes.. Stop saying you're dead.' Internet friend What's App's.
I am saying I am deaf,' - me, 'and I am carefully enunciating the message...'
'Well, talk normally,' she orders, 'and say deaf'. Internet friend says.

'How do you know how I normally talk?' I ask internet friend. You have never met me...

'Just try,' internet friend orders me...

Obviously I cannot say the word 'deaf'...

She is now recording my voicemail message, And is sending it by mp3 file....

I bet it doesn't work...

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.2 this morning

Shopping day again, off out early ;) Just the usual. Had lunch then over to mum's with her shopping.
I find it quite tiring I'll admit, I used to like pottering through the shopping but it feels constricted now :sorry:

I'm going to go into the kitchen shortly and cook a big pack of mince I got on offer and then grind some flax seed and make some LC bready things ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I love your Melpomene, very dynamic and though it's different it's very effective :)

@Alien Aspie - the hassle searching for the right palette has paid off, A worthy portrait of your muse :) beautiful fabric and blossom too.

@jjraak - glad to see you :)

@gennepher - those peacock feathers really came through for you, lovely colours in the background looks like a 'bokeh' of glistening scales :) strong portrait :joyful:

@dunelm - Very effective, I love the way you have woven kintsugi in by having her shot through with gold too :joyful:
seeking perfection is indeed a siren song ;)

art bit - not even decided what muse I would portray :sorry:

and I'm thinking I may need to buy a new round brush, the one I have been using was a very cheap one and it's slowly becoming bald :D:hilarious:

upload_2020-8-26_17-30-18.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - those peacock feathers really came through for you, lovely colours in the background looks like a 'bokeh' of glistening scales :) strong portrait :joyful:

Thank you @geefull

art bit - not even decided what muse I would portray :sorry:

and I'm thinking I may need to buy a new round brush, the one I have been using was a very cheap one and it's slowly becoming bald :D:hilarious:

upload_2020-8-26_17-30-18-jpeg.43553
This is beautiful. So peaceful. A leisurely walk up that lane.