What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My art bit. Caught up by finishing my watercolur painting which I started a few days ago. Then as I had missed doing art for 2 days took a leaf out of Mrs MCs book and with waterpencils, Pastel and a gold pen tried a stylistic flower.
Watercolour A4, Flower A3
View attachment 43906
View attachment 43907
I was wondering how you were going to finish the cloud painting. I love this. I would like to visit this place. Actually, my mind has taken a moving snapshot of it, and I am wandering around and exploring while I am typing this...
That flower is absolutely gorgeous @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tablets are a nightmare Charlie began on the anti-inflammatories with tablets now thankfully he has a liquid one so much easier with a syringe...he's being co-operative so far...good luck with the fingers.

Tablets are a nightmare @HarryBeau

My finger has a few permanent indentations now...

Good luck with Charlie and that he can shed that straitjacket soon...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

My digital painting for today.
My hand is a little wobbly today, I might end up calling this series ‘Wobble digital paintings’.
I was watching something on Procreate I would like to try, and that would work with my wobbly fingers. But iPad only had a little battery left, so it was one in ZenBrush2 for now, which has the potential to be a quicker painting.

F4D2D001-B717-46AA-81A9-602CDBF0FA39.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

My digital painting for today.
My hand is a little wobbly today, I might end up calling this series ‘Wobble digital paintings’.
I was watching something on Procreate I would like to try, and that would work with my wobbly fingers. But iPad only had a little battery left, so it was one in ZenBrush2 for now, which has the potential to be a quicker painting.

View attachment 43917
Lovely finger painting - well up to date with that discarded bottle - Banksy and the toxic beach

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who fear the magic number 6 and it's multiples. Remember Boris the Beast is watching.

A 7.2 this morning. I shall say nothing about the meter.

Today is preparation day for the grandchildren arriving tomorrow afternoon, Mrs J is and will be locked in the kitchen preparing fodder and if I'm lucky koffy for me and me's.
Have a good day all and please stay safe.
Hand and footnote : Some good artwork today and yesterday.
Anybody else Get the site survey questionnaire? Mine has been completed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is crazy @Alien Aspie
I have online friends - loads, but no real life friends (actually I do have one or two) but not one one will leave their houses because they have gone crazy, so I will be in same predicament as you if we get a localised lockdown.

I was actually thinking of a new business yesterday, as ‘Rent a granny (cantankerous old lady) to be in your social bubble for the day’....

How about ‘Rent a cantankerous old g*t to be in your social bubble for the day’ for you? Think how much money we could make...

Actually not a good idea, I wouldn’t last more than a few moments before I started thinking evil thoughts about the other person...

It is the potential for a new business however for the enterprising...
I think the COL/COG market is saturated if posters on here are a representative cross section of UK over - insert age of choice - s

Reactions: JohnEGreen

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Again Afternoon, one or several of you asked what is flash mash @mojo37
Flash Mash or Cold Canon?

Boil potatoes with minimal seasoning, mash and then freeze for at least 24 hours.
Remove from the freezer and defrost.
Fry 1 or 2 leeks until soft in butter, while warming the mash potatoe.
Mix into the mash with seasoning to taste adding at least 1 teaspoon of English mustard.

Of course you can play around adding such delights as cheese, onions etc.
Sounds lovely I will definitely try it does the freezing lower the carbs content ?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg 4.6 this morning got some written feed back from my telephone appointment with neurologist the one thing that sticks out to me from the letter I received is that he has informed my GP that prednisolone will be a life time companion for me as Alf will probably tell you not a particularly pleasant prospect but better than the alternative.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 4.6 this morning got some written feed back from my telephone appointment with neurologist the one thing that sticks out to me from the letter I received is that he has informed my GP that prednisolone will be a life time companion for me as Alf will probably tell you not a particularly pleasant prospect but better than the alternative.
I changed the rating from a hug - for the prednisolone - to a winner for the attitude. Note to self, that's how a real man/woman/self-defined as whatever deals with things.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopeless health centre @Muddy Cyclist !

I have had toothache since beginning of lockdown. No dentist as Welsh dentists are no allowed to treat their patients. I use clove oil to calm it down. (I have several bottles!) And sometimes ibuprofen. It can be set off again by stress, but clove oil and ibuprofen again. And no sweet stuff :(

I hope it eases for you.
Yes here in Wales our lockdown has been far my restrained than in England still no dentist not sure why they got a pay rise and us nurses didn't !

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 yesterday and 7.6 today
Off to Edinburgh monday with my daughter who is finally going back to uni ( virtual learning mainly )! might as well do an OU degree like myself . Be sad to see her go but she has been home since lockdown . Finally getting to see my sister on the way back home to Cardiff not sure how it's all going to pan out because her area in the north west of England is in semi lockdown. Haven't been able to see her since february. She has been been shielding for months had two nasty falls and has been stuck in hospital with no visitors. Home now, so see if I can help take care of her for a week then back home. I've had coronavirus so hopefully cant get it again and pass it to her.Just editing my post because I sound a bit blase about having covid but I only really knew that I had it because I lost my sense of smell and taste and months later we had a chance ( with our trust ) to get tested for antibodies and lo and behold I had antibodies though don't know how long they will last.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 yesterday and 7.6 today
Off to Edinburgh monday with my daughter who is finally going back to uni ( virtual learning mainly )! might as well do an OU degree like myself . Be sad to see her go but she has been home since lockdown . Finally getting to see my sister on the way back home to Cardiff not sure how it's all going to pan out because her area in the north west of England is in semi lockdown. Haven't been able to see her since february. She has been been shielding for months had two nasty falls and has been stuck in hospital with no visitors. Home now, so see if I can help take care of her for a week then back home. I've had coronavirus so hopefully cant get it again and pass it to her.
Hugs for soon missing your daughter, your poor sister and living in Wales:angelic:

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks and like the living in wales bit lol
Don't let Julie see that. Her Dad's family are from Nefyn although she was born in Chelsea. No1 son went to Uni in Bangor - apparently a top place for Countryside Management or maybe just a long way from Cambridge.

Last edited: