Flu vaccination

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried searching for this but nothing came up. Is everybody having their flu vax this year. I'm not sure this time after reading around.

Sarbak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
All of the other things

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I had mine in April (Southern hemisphere:))!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Had mine today. So far so good.
Mine with B12 injection in same arm so hope no interference. One big long needle for B12. Flu jab was just a baby in comparison.
Injecting insulin even less painful.
I know everyone is different though!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried searching for this but nothing came up. Is everybody having their flu vax this year. I'm not sure this time after reading around.
Here in the Netherlands they keep asking people to please get their vaccinations, because if you get both the flu *and* covid, you run more risk of bucket-kicking, as your immune system can't handle that much in one season. I haven't even gotten my invite yet, they always start way too late in my opinion... But yes, I'll be getting mine.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a text message reminding me a couple of weeks ago. I've had them for years.
Rang up & they seem to be Prioritising the over 60s in my area. Possibly key workers too.
I was told to ring back. I normally get them in October anyway..

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine last Saturday.
The surgery hired the local football stadium and it was really well organised. The jab itself was the least painful of the last few years (no red lump).

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Had mine at my local pharmacy and did not need to book it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't been invited, since being diagnosed T2.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Booked in for Monday afternoon, I've only ever had real Flu once, and I NEVER want to feel that ill again, without the added risks of Diabetes and doubling up with Covid-19

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been invited every year since I became entitled due to being 60 (now 72) as has my husband. We went for ours last Monday. We both had the pneumonia jab as soon as we were old enough and were told it was a once a lifetime jab. I do believe those will certain illnesses can have repeated pneumonia jabs. I think this year, with Covid, the flu jab is even more essential.

Reactions: sleepster

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our surgery has a portacabin in the carpark for doing flu jabs this year - Door akimbo, the whole shebang. In one end, out of the other.

All very efficient, but a bit chilly for those who will feel the cold, waiting with coats off and bare arms awaiting.

Reactions: Antje77