What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

will have to catch up on posts later or tomorrow, BT are still digging up the road and web pages are not loading well :)

hope your day is treating you kindly :)

art bit - this is a try at a watercolour pencil landscape.

upload_2020-10-4_18-51-6.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

will have to catch up on posts later or tomorrow, BT are still digging up the road and web pages are not loading well :)

hope your day is treating you kindly :)

art bit - this is a try at a watercolour pencil landscape.

View attachment 44443
Worked well, a very pleasing landscape with distance in those hills, good horizon, mid ground and foreground.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
3.5 this evening. A bit low so tested again and it was 3.7 - a bit better. Will be interested to see how high it will climb by the morning.

Predictive text suggested radiator was a good choice of word instead of morning. A strange suggestion.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished my yesterday's waterfall painting, watercolour A4 about 90 minutes in total..

A painting from a photograph I tookwhere LLyn Ogwen below the north face of the mighty Tryfan empties itself beneath the Ancient Roman road and thunders into Ogwen Valley. This is an area I enjoy walking in, getting busier now but on winter days midweek it can still become the wild, quiet mountainous wilderness.
View attachment 44436
Must go Grandaughter wishes me to play with Mrs MCs dolls house, I think I am Grandad Hedgehog, don't ask.:)

Your waterfall is stunning.

lindisfel

Expert
Cheers @lindisfel

Most informative .

Should have know more about vit D having been asthmatic since 11.but no one thought to mention it's importance.

But I was definitely more aware after T2D DX...
Mostly due to this forum.
It has given me so much information regarding many aspects of T2D,

I have to be honest, though..
I have really only woken up to the real possibilities and risks of many other vitamins since Covid hoved into view.

T2D scared me enough to investigate health more thoroughly, and in doing so gave me a head start on my old self, once covid appeared,
Perhaps god, really does move in mysterious ways..

Most informative, and the explanation of the T-Cell function cleared up a rather grey area for me.

25 minutes very well spent

Mucho gracias.

Hi JJ,
He is an interest guy,
After I retired early from the beeb I worked at Carlisle hospital for nine years and we went to the same church John and his parents went to.

They are a motivated family, his dad was in our Emeritas group and is a Koine Greek scholar but getting on in years now.
D.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.05am FBG 8.8 What? Really?
7.06 am FBG 6.1 different finger.
7.07am FBG 6.2 same finger other side
Have no idea why the first reading was so high.

Reactions: UserABC2021

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another very quiet start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of chicken, chorizo and leek stew came in at 4.9 this am

Turned out to be a bright and sunny day here yesterday, quite warm also and managed just over 6 miles of people avoiding.
National Curry Week begins today, I have a Keralan egg curry in mind, substituting the potato with celeriac.
We have a small leek in the roof of our summer house so it’s off to Screwfix today for a tin of acrylic based goo and a bit of ladder holding and supervising while Mrs Miggins paints herself into a corner.

Tree branch today with a few red leaves, on rice paper. Hope everyone has a great day. Koffy calls.

upload_2020-10-5_7-26-36.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg? Nope, dunno. Spurs won biggly, we have mucho Assam, I found the BCP version of Morning Worship so all good in this hood. Hope you fine people tick over spiffingly this day and evermore. Byeeee

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Really pleased that I can go into.the mid 3s now without those horrible hypo symptoms followed by wild upward blood sugar swings. So the system is healing itself bit by bit.

Good that the body can heal itself but why oh why does it take years and years to do it. Still, l suppose I shouldn't complain as it probably took years and years to get to an hba1c of 125.

Today I have a lovely long break in the afternoon and will go across the road to the almost empty pub/restaurant to have a meal and relax and read and drink coffee before my evening classes.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another very quiet start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of chicken, chorizo and leek stew came in at 4.9 this am

Turned out to be a bright and sunny day here yesterday, quite warm also and managed just over 6 miles of people avoiding.
National Curry Week begins today, I have a Keralan egg curry in mind, substituting the potato with celeriac.
We have a small leek in the roof of our summer house so it’s off to Screwfix today for a tin of acrylic based goo and a bit of ladder holding and supervising while Mrs Miggins paints herself into a corner.

Tree branch today with a few red leaves, on rice paper. Hope everyone has a great day. Koffy calls.

View attachment 44446
Nice leaves on an ancient tree and branch, I can feel the age, or is ,that just me? :)

Hold on to that ladder.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today.

Good day yesterday with daughter and youngest grandaughter. We painted ducks, made music, played dolls houses and read stories as weather kept us indoors.

I think I have to start the removal of kitchen floor can't put it off any longer so lots of scrabbling about on my knees. :(

What ever you have planned may it go well. Keep safe.