What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
good evening all :)

4.2 yesterday and 4.5 today

BT were out in the sunshine yesterday up the road from the village digging trenches, this had a quite deleterious effect on our internet speed :(
they are out there again today in the cobbing it down rain probably trying to keep the trench from filling up with water :sorry: but at least we can get enough internet to load pages today :joyful:

@jjraak - I must be in cynic mode, I notice that not only has the head Trumper managed to shift the 'tax fraud' and dodgy debate from the media cycle but he's also probably managed to head off his son's court ordered appearance before the DA to testify, since he is presumably having to self isolate :meh:

@SlimLizzy - glad the cat came back ;)

@gennepher - I like your 'peace and love', very therapeutic :) and your 'water nymph' is lovely, fluid and exuberant :)

@dunelm - lovely detailed branch of blossom and your heron amongst the willows is great, their posture always looks as if they are a bit downhearted but I think they are probably just lookiing to see what is swimming by that they can eat ;) I saw one fishng by the harbour here a couple of days ago.
Handsome 'cabinet' there, will you be adding a bovine to complete your portrait? in honour of most of their output :D

@Muddy Cyclist - shame the abscess is back but hopefully the pills will wrestle it into submission quickly.
the clouds in that picture are wonderful, I find them so difficult, another strong painting and your wet in wet is so effective, I'm only just getting brave enough to have a proper go at that.
I look forward to seeing your waterfall picture finished :)

art bit - well after the banana debacle ;)
here is a couple of things to make up for missing yesterday
no 1, just a quick pencil sketch of a hanging basket I did whilst we waited for takeaway coffee to brew :)
View attachment 44426

and no 2 - back to waves, this is after a photo I saw online, (I think it was of the black lava cliffs of Hawaii ). done with the white nights and a touch of white gel pen
View attachment 44427

Are you sure its not a tsunami, Geefull?
D. :)

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Morning...pouring rain here even the cats are refusing to go out after spending most of yesterday indoors...one coffee down another brewing...good luck to my neighbour & friend who is off to The Lake District to climb Scarfell Pike she is adventurous...lots of cat angst about which should occupy the best seat in the house mine...so at great expense they have two new adjoining baskets which they seem content with courtesy of Amazon...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

View attachment 44414
Hi Harry,
I hope she is not too adventurous, it has been pouring down all day, but come the morning it could be better, even if the fells will be running with water.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having taken @ianpspurs and @SlimLizzy advice I have had an easy day, glossed two more doors then relaxed playing my Mandolin and some painting.

Finished one watercolour based on the lake at our Wildlife Centre, less the birds. Watercolour A4 40 minutes..Wet on Wet method and a big brush to spread it about before adding detail.
View attachment 44419
Having been inspired by @gennepher Swallow Falls painting I found out a picture I took walking around Tryfan a few years back, this is a rendition of Ogwen Valley Waterfall, A4 watercolour about 20 minutes so far will finish Sunday... Same Wet on Wet method.
View attachment 44420

I wrote this last night but fell asleep before I posted it...

This is the only place I know that saves your drafts...

A beautiful ethereal watercolour @Muddy Cyclist
The waterfall one looks very promising. I look forward to it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

BT were out in the sunshine yesterday up the road from the village digging trenches, this had a quite deleterious effect on our internet speed :(
they are out there again today in the cobbing it down rain probably trying to keep the trench from filling up with water :sorry: but at least we can get enough internet to load pages today :joyful:

@gennepher - I like your 'peace and love', very therapeutic :) and your 'water nymph' is lovely, fluid and exuberant :)

no 1, just a quick pencil sketch of a hanging basket I did whilst we waited for takeaway coffee to brew :)
View attachment 44426

and no 2 - back to waves, this is after a photo I saw online, (I think it was of the black lava cliffs of Hawaii ). done with the white nights and a touch of white gel pen
View attachment 44427

A great little sketch @geefull
Your waves are brilliant. And you definitely have created a powerful wave. It will soon erode those distant cliffs...

Thank you for my compliments :)

Reactions: Krystyna23040

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Having taken @ianpspurs and @SlimLizzy advice I have had an easy day, glossed two more doors then relaxed playing my Mandolin and some painting.

Finished one watercolour based on the lake at our Wildlife Centre, less the birds. Watercolour A4 40 minutes..Wet on Wet method and a big brush to spread it about before adding detail.
View attachment 44419
Having been inspired by @gennepher Swallow Falls painting I found out a picture I took walking around Tryfan a few years back, this is a rendition of Ogwen Valley Waterfall, A4 watercolour about 20 minutes so far will finish Sunday... Same Wet on Wet method.
View attachment 44420
Great wildlife centre painting, love all that yellow and green. I too was playing my mandolin yesterday, a tune called thinly sliced onions and remember to use the guard.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

@jjraak - I must be in cynic mode, I notice that not only has the head Trumper managed to shift the 'tax fraud' and dodgy debate from the media cycle but he's also probably managed to head off his son's court ordered appearance before the DA to testify, since he is presumably having to self isolate :meh:

@SlimLizzy - glad the cat came back ;)

@dunelm - lovely detailed branch of blossom and your heron amongst the willows is great, their posture always looks as if they are a bit downhearted but I think they are probably just lookiing to see what is swimming by that they can eat ;) I saw one fishng by the harbour here a couple of days ago.
Handsome 'cabinet' there, will you be adding a bovine to complete your portrait? in honour of most of their output :D

@Muddy Cyclist - shame the abscess is back but hopefully the pills will wrestle it into submission quickly.
the clouds in that picture are wonderful, I find them so difficult, another strong painting and your wet in wet is so effective, I'm only just getting brave enough to have a proper go at that.
I look forward to seeing your waterfall picture finished :)

View attachment 44426

View attachment 44427
Thank you @geefull - Smashing - literally - waves - loads of movement - surfs up and all that.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a scarily silent, calm before the storm, sort of morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of pork with roasted cauliflower and sautéed cauliflower greens came in at a magnificent 5.0 this am

Bit of a damp squib yesterday but did manage a drizzly few laps round the park and then a quick forage in a supermarket pre 8am before the local clowns are released. Has anyone taken advantage of the 7 day free trial of BritBox in order to scope out the new Spitting Images? No? OK - me neither. It will appear quite soon I expect, as if by magic on YouTube.

Just a tree this morning on rice paper. Hope everyone has a decent Sunday - not too much wet. Koffy time.

upload_2020-10-4_7-1-27.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I am falling asleep now between 6 and 8 pm. I do that these dark nights. Pretty soon I will be in hibernation...
But on the plus side I wake up around 3am (apart from when the cat wakes me up for food in the meantime, it's no problem as I need the bathroom anyway).
And my brain is pretty much always alert and raring to go at 3 am, so done loads, kitchen cleaned and sorted, my desk sorted, and more. And my painting for today.

I was playing in SketchClub this morning for a couple of hours trying different brushstokes and effects. And with playing between different apps I then realise what the same/similar thing was in Procreate. They are all laid out differently with different names in different apps, and some apps are more intuitive than others.

Although I was playing for a couple of hours, I think this one took me about 15/20 minutes. There is no reasoning or meaning behind it. Some people when I post my work elsewhere ask what the meaning is when it is not a realistic digital work. And ask me to explain!!! Does one explain one's artwork? I do actually, because I am polite (usually, not always).

Actually there is no explanation as such, just my processes of thought as I do it.

Processes of thought for this were:
*Explore the tools in SketchClub
*The thought of Manga came to mind, because I would like to do that some time
*Explore what brush strokes would accommodate the fill tool. Because some apps are unforgiving and if you have a gap in the line, then the whole page can get filled in with the colour and wipe out your sketch just about. This happens in Sketch Club, so I need to find which brush stroke will allow the fill tool. Even fine lines in Sketch Club, although not broken, don't allow for the fill tool and it bleeds through. There are other apps which, are much more forgiving, even if you have a break in the line, and assume you meant the line to be unbroken, and it just fills the area you want.

Anyway here is my pic for today.

495D4284-880C-4191-B933-4938CC91C69E.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy whats left of the weekend albiet a soggy one
5.5 for me .

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a scarily silent, calm before the storm, sort of morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of pork with roasted cauliflower and sautéed cauliflower greens came in at a magnificent 5.0 this am

Bit of a damp squib yesterday but did manage a drizzly few laps round the park and then a quick forage in a supermarket pre 8am before the local clowns are released. Has anyone taken advantage of the 7 day free trial of BritBox in order to scope out the new Spitting Images? No? OK - me neither. It will appear quite soon I expect, as if by magic on YouTube.

Just a tree this morning on rice paper. Hope everyone has a decent Sunday - not too much wet. Koffy time.

View attachment 44434

Wet here too, raining, but everything eerily still @dunelm
A fine tree, with a smaller group of three. I like it
:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I am falling asleep now between 6 and 8 pm. I do that these dark nights. Pretty soon I will be in hibernation...
But on the plus side I wake up around 3am (apart from when the cat wakes me up for food in the meantime, it's no problem as I need the bathroom anyway).
And my brain is pretty much always alert and raring to go at 3 am, so done loads, kitchen cleaned and sorted, my desk sorted, and more. And my painting for today.

I was playing in SketchClub this morning for a couple of hours trying different brushstokes and effects. And with playing between different apps I then realise what the same/similar thing was in Procreate. They are all laid out differently with different names in different apps, and some apps are more intuitive than others.

Although I was playing for a couple of hours, I think this one took me about 15/20 minutes. There is no reasoning or meaning behind it. Some people when I post my work elsewhere ask what the meaning is when it is not a realistic digital work. And ask me to explain!!! Does one explain one's artwork? I do actually, because I am polite (usually, not always).

Actually there is no explanation as such, just my processes of thought as I do it.

Processes of thought for this were:
*Explore the tools in SketchClub
*The thought of Manga came to mind, because I would like to do that some time
*Explore what brush strokes would accommodate the fill tool. Because some apps are unforgiving and if you have a gap in the line, then the whole page can get filled in with the colour and wipe out your sketch just about. This happens in Sketch Club, so I need to find which brush stroke will allow the fill tool. Even fine lines in Sketch Club, although not broken, don't allow for the fill tool and it bleeds through. There are other apps which, are much more forgiving, even if you have a break in the line, and assume you meant the line to be unbroken, and it just fills the area you want.

Anyway here is my pic for today.

View attachment 44435
Ah, the age old question, 'the meaning of art?' Why? Does it please, does it evoke emotion would you hang it on your wall. However the thought processes and methods behind creating it are interesting. And experimentation and new ideas are good, well done.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 44434
Nice tree. Pleanty of wet here, yesterday and now.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great wildlife centre painting, love all that yellow and green. I too was playing my mandolin yesterday, a tune called thinly sliced onions and remember to use the guard.
Thank you. Is that tune in the key of minus a Finger?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 for me today. Why I have no idea, snacked on skinny bread and cheese at 11pm last night so I could take my antibiotics for tooth, expected my BG higher.

Apparently Daughter and family arriving for lunch which probably also means evening meal, so no floor lifting today. More music making though and of course lots of youngest grandaughter time. :)

Drift purposefully along today. keep safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah, the age old question, 'the meaning of art?' Why? Does it please, does it evoke emotion would you hang it on your art. However the thought processes and methods behind creating it are interesting. And experimentation and new ideas are good, well done.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

The most I will explain about my art, is my thought processes. And I will also explain exactly how I did it, whether by digital means or a real brush. Many artists I know won't do this, saying I am giving away my secrets, but I always disagree on that one. No one is going to exactly reproduce what I do. Knowledge is meant to be shared so we can all learn.

But what I won't explain is the deep emotional meaning behind the painting. That is personal to me. So, I suppose I will explain the objective stuff, but not the subjective stuff.

I have some large canvases in my garage which only one person has seen, and he saw the emotions, and could read into them exactly what they were about from my soul. That scared me. They've been wrapped up and stacked. And may never see the light of day again.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I rather pigged out on posts yesterday - but nothing else - so must stay away more today. Great Cliff (s) @geefull congratulations. Non testing goes on for a while but other data very much in the zone, as it were. Even had a glass of red wine last evening and resting pulse now back to where I want to be. One reason I have avoided red wine was I noticed it sometimes appeared to take my resting pulse over 60. I do now wonder just how much I should care about fbg and A1c beyond being in non D band and no complications. Everything I measure and Docs measure shows I am in better condition blood work wise than either my father or grandfather at 65. Just the back - gestational so not my fault- stops me being so strong and offends my ego greatly. Have a great day and shelter from the storm - I love that tune (lyrics). Here's an analysis which typifies why I found English A level and English graduates impossible to take seriously. Have spiffing days chums - hold the ginger beer for me (or anything ginger flavoured actually)

Last edited: