What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is public relations the reason they are using a former journalist now to front the pandemic releases from number 10?
I could give it another description.
Hodit and Demonic can shelter in place while Austin Allegra waffles - no scrutiny. As an aside, here in Hancock's half hour in the spotlight land things not looking good

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hodit and Demonic can shelter in place while Austin Aegro waffles - no scrutiny. As an aside, here in Hancock's half hour in the spotlight land things not looking good

Are we at the point they now want us to be ?.

Allowing them to play god because, we just don't care enough anymore ?

This once sceptred Isle, United as a nation,
Dismantled by Johnson & the greedy horde.

Where that United front, "we are all in this together," was cruelly exposed & shattered by Cummings.

Where it's " the elderly ..meh, they were gonna die anyway"

Has now morphed into
"It's the elderly/ those with other illnesses/Northerners/midlanders/Scottish
/Welsh/etc, etc.
Meh..they were all gonna die at some point anyway"

A place where too many, with the viewpoint, that some aren't worth saving, feel free to happily express such thoughts.

Your spokesperson make good sense.
It's not rocket science.
Give space at tills, and when out & about,
And When you cant...avoid or wear a mask.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I made an effort to save yesterday's Sky Fairy Pools disaster, but still don't like the composition. Anyway here it is A4 watercolur.
I might get bold and spray the whole picture and let it run to see what abstract thing happens....
IMG_3908.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...working this morning no time to take FBG just a quick break between interviews...yesterday for curiosity's sake took the governments retraining application some of the choices were hysterical...a friend who also did the app was horrified one of her choices was colon hydro-therapist...it's an absolute nonsense it asks nothing about age or education/qualifications one of my choices was a prison governor or a Royal Marine Commando...farcical

Oh please can you post a link to it? IDK if I could access it but it sounds like it would be fun to try!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I made an effort to save yesterday's Sky Fairy Pools disaster, but still don't like the composition. Anyway here it is A4 watercolur.
I might get bold and spray the whole picture and let it run to see what abstract thing happens....
View attachment 44522

I love this. I love the water, and I love the rocks like hands trying to hold the falls up, and the one in the front who looks like a bearded man-of-the-mountains.

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Are we at the point they now want us to be ?.

Allowing them to play god because, we just don't care enough anymore ?

This once sceptred Isle, United as a nation,
Dismantled by Johnson & the greedy horde.

Where that United front, "we are all in this together," was cruelly exposed & shattered by Cummings.

Where it's " the elderly ..meh, they were gonna die anyway"

Has now morphed into
"It's the elderly/ those with other illnesses/Northerners/midlanders/Scottish
/Welsh/etc, etc.
Meh..they were all gonna die at some point anyway"

A place where too many, with the viewpoint, that some aren't worth saving, feel free to happily express such thoughts.

Your spokesperson make good sense.
It's not rocket science.
Give space at tills, and when out & about,
And When you cant...avoid or wear a mask.
Hi JJ,
Some are saying this second wave will be worse than the first. Those of us who are vulnerable (and at 81 with a number of health issues....) cannot be protected if they let it free, so the young can get herd immunity as if they ever will?

There is not enough staff in hospitals to cope and some are estimating over 100,000 dead.

They better get something to work pdq.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi JJ,
Some are saying this second wave will be worse than the first. Those of us who are vulnerable (and at 81 with a number of health issues....) cannot be protected if they let it free, so the young can get herd immunity as if they ever will?

There is not enough staff in hospitals to cope and some are estimating over 100,000 dead.

D.
Sadly I don't think this is down to incompetence but the plan all along, it's just going to become a huge lottery. Not over optimistic about a vaccine either, hard and scary times.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi JJ,

D.
Hi Derek. Hug for the understandable concern over what happens next. We lost a few posters in phase 1 and I wonder if some of us may share thoughts and commentary on what looks like phase 2 (and another imminent event?) via PMs to avoid a similar situation. Just an idea - run it up the flagpole and all that. I think there may be an oven ready group - ORG. Who wants to play JRM or that absolute blend Francois?:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly I don't think this is down to incompetence but the plan all along, it's just going to become a huge lottery. Not over optimistic about a vaccine either, hard and scary times.

Well, the 20th Century was kind of a nice break from the health lottery ... well, except for those two world wars ... sigh. Maybe it's back to the old days?
When I was younger I always wanted to have the choice of living where my taxes could go towards funding universal health care instead of space program no one could use or weapons for killing ...
Nowadays I just want to enjoy all the cat- and horse-time I can, snug indoors and free outdoors.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a very dark and quiet early start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of celeriac and leak colcannon topped with stir fry veg and lots of spicy chicken and chorizo rocked in at a flatter than a flat thing 5.0 this am

We came over to our little house on the prairie yesterday afternoon. The morning taken up with grandparent duties. So, no brushes or ink packed but still I can play with apps. Here then is a go at the In Pinn on the Isle of Skye - do not even go there for the number of layers. I wanted it wintry as the last time I was there, there was a fair bit of snow. The words ‘crampon” and “Terrordactyl” spring to mind.
I hope that everyone has a spiffingly good Saturday. Koffy time.

View attachment 44514
Looks brilliant @dunelm
:)