What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful colours and you are right, there would be randomness of a kind with water cutting the land. Looking forward to the finished work.
Thank you. The approach to this was all wrong, wet paper, dried the falls with kitchen roll, applied the water colour and of course it ran into the falls so lots more removing colour with paper but the Pool areas became much larger and more uniformed than I intended. I will play around with it today.

That's some impressive texture you have given that might Cullen Rock, good winter sky feel also.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bird watchers in Ian's Isle of Ely are having an exciting time this am. At 7.20am the massive Bearded Vulture was at Thorney, Cambridgeshire!
It has probably got an appointment with Boris on its trip back to the Continent?
D.
Cute little place Thorney https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorney,_Cambridgeshire. Boris and his assorted Fruity Loops probably feel ill disposed towards The Isle fearing it to be still under the sway of Hereward the Woke. Demonic Cummings should know better but he is an Oxford man so what can one expect?

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today.

No idea what the day will bring, I might risk a Muddy Cycle Ride but shorter than yesterday, need to build up my stamina again.

Take control of time today don't let it run away unused. Keep safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 6.1 this morning.

Off for a walk to clear some cobwebs and maybe get my thoughts in order.

Enjoy the day ;)

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bird watchers in Ian's Isle of Ely are having an exciting time this am. At 7.20am the massive Bearded Vulture was at Thorney, Cambridgeshire!
It has probably got an appointment with Boris on its trip back to the Continent?
D.
I saw some of these in France they are big old birds. The recent picture I have seen of it on the news reminded me of a Sea Eagle I watched on the Isle of Sky a wonderful 30 minutes of flying. I did get a very poor picture of it used a cannon SLR with 300 zoom but even using Mrs MC as a camera stand could not get a sharp image.
IMG_3825.JPG

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindisfel just to add regarding The Isle and those Fruity Loops. That area is now part of South East Cambridgeshire which is a real gallimaufry as this indicates: According to approximate analysis of the 2016 EU referendum, South East Cambridgeshire (which is made up of wards from East Cambridgeshire District Council, which voted 51% to leave, and South Cambridgeshire District Council, which voted 60% to remain) voted 54% to remain in the EU.[2] There is no conceivable way those 2 parts of the county are similar and that split mirrors it perfectly. Take a wild guess which part has the most expensive property, best schools, infrastructure and highly qualified EU citizens? Not the remotest possibility of levelling or uniting the 2 parts of that constituency. Fantasy world.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg this morning was 4. something or other oh yes found it 4.5. Talking of blood sugars and I was, when we went to Lincoln the other day my daughter sneaked into well more like boldy strode into a fudge shop where they it would seem do 14 different varieties of that sugar laden commodity and purchased £9.00 worth. :banghead:

Today she confided to me that her blood sugar level after consuming some rose to 29.1 this is a person who according to her doctor does not have diabetes I beg to differ. I am constantly trying to get her to ask for a HbA1c again but she is being stubborn.

I told her if she had told me at the time I would have been checking for ketones and dragging her off down to A&E.

I used to love fudge ( well still do ) especially when we used to go to St Ives in Cornwall a mad arrange of flavours yummy

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...working this morning no time to take FBG just a quick break between interviews...yesterday for curiosity's sake took the governments retraining application some of the choices were hysterical...a friend who also did the app was horrified one of her choices was colon hydro-therapist...it's an absolute nonsense it asks nothing about age or education/qualifications one of my choices was a prison governor or a Royal Marine Commando...farcical

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Muddy Cycle Ride was more like a Muddy Swim set out in sunshine and 10 minutes into the ride I was treated to Welsh Rain, you know the type that goes up as well as down, gets up your shorts and down the neck of your waterproofs. Still a good hours ride and feel ready to face whatever is left of the day, Mrs MC mentioned putting bulds in the garden and Flower Pots, Monty Don's got a lot to answer for. :)

lindisfel

Expert
@lindisfel just to add regarding The Isle and those Fruity Loops. That area is now part of South East Cambridgeshire which is a real gallimaufry as this indicates: According to approximate analysis of the 2016 EU referendum, South East Cambridgeshire (which is made up of wards from East Cambridgeshire District Council, which voted 51% to leave, and South Cambridgeshire District Council, which voted 60% to remain) voted 54% to remain in the EU.[2] There is no conceivable way those 2 parts of the county are similar and that split mirrors it perfectly. Take a wild guess which part has the most expensive property, best schools, infrastructure and highly qualified EU citizens? Not the remotest possibility of levelling or uniting the 2 parts of that constituency. Fantasy world.

I don't think the current breed of politicians
have the least idea on how carry out all their plans. They hand everything over to private..non experts...who they pay handsomely and they make a hens-mate of it.
Track and trace, ppe, failing grayling, are all examples of wasted poorly directed cash.

I was listening to the farming program this am, and they have no idea what's happening when we come out the CAP on Jan 1st!
At least the Scottish brave heart has a plan!

I don't think they believe in levelling, Ian, its a con!
I feel for the poor, particularly the children.
This winter will be a difficult time.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Muddy Cycle Ride was more like a Muddy Swim set out in sunshine and 10 minutes into the ride I was treated to Welsh Rain, you know the type that goes up as well as down, gets up your shorts and down the neck of your waterproofs. Still a good hours ride and feel ready to face whatever is left of the day, Mrs MC mentioned putting bulds in the garden and Flower Pots, Monty Don's got a lot to answer for. :)
It will make a man of you, Muddy. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think the current breed of politicians
have the least idea on how carry out all their plans. They hand everything over to private..non experts...who they pay handsomely and they make a hens-mate of it.
Track and trace, ppe, failing grayling, are all examples of wasted poorly directed cash.

I was listening to the farming program this am, and they have no idea what's happening when we come out the CAP on Jan 1st!
At least the Scottish brave heart has a plan!

I don't think they believe in levelling, Ian, its a con!
I feel for the poor, particularly the children.
This winter will be a difficult time.
D.
Oh, you are a wag. ?MSL at plans.

Last edited: