What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Commiserations on the neighbours from hell dilemma, @gennepher
rubbing along V Rubbing each other up the wrong way...:arghh:

Sure it's easy away from the flames, to offer suggestions.

i guess it's hard for you to get the others together and get a local consensus going,
maybe a well measured/respectful newsletter pointing out the fallout is longer and more lockdowns to follow.

a suggestion of better for all to respect this one, especially with *Christmas coming up, MIGHT help gain some traction and community spirit.

*Noting here, my money is on an unlock xmas week, regardless of the state of the country/countries of the UK.

Sometime when you know you can't stop the tide, even the most stupidest MP's will realise they can't realistically play Canute at this time of year.
He is too insensitive to anything @jjraak
Nothing will work with him. I have lived next to him and his inconsiderate shenanigans for 20 years now...

An 'unlock' for Xmas week you think?
We shall have to see.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been watching something happening in this road since midday.

I saw some yellow flashing lights, and so I looked out. A huge wagon and a crane thing. And they were pulling out the telegraph pole over the road. All the phone lines were lying on the other side of the road, all coiled up.

I noticed that the extra cars that had been there for Sunday roast lunch next door had mysteriously vanished. Amusing? I thought so.

I am curious as to whether this telegraph pole, once installed and its phone lines reconnected, will have one of this fish eye cameras attached to it. They are on many street corners round here.

Should be interesting...

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @RFSMarch - I use these, one sheet, cut in half for each application - I wonder if they would work?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VBZV791/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ooh I might try these.
I blast the area with a steroid inhaler, remove the adhesive altogether and after scrubbing with the alcohol wipes, I replace with body tape, but still need a physical barrier because that stuff is NASTY and it would eat through a tin can!!!

I will order some in shortly and will let you know how they go!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, I'll be more careful next time!

Would a feather be delicate enough to move the wet paint on that paper?
Worth giving it a go I think. I find with brushes that I need to let the water dry a bit on the back before gingerly adding colour.
I suspect it works better on semi sized paper. A straw and blow maybe but not much control.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a letter yesterday from our district council, Cannock Chased DC all residents in the area have had one. It states the district is in Tier 1 and then lists the rules and suggestions we should follow in this Tier. Then in bold it says this is the additional advice your district council is giving. I quote...
' A. Avoid mixing with people from other households.
'B. If over 65 take extra care.
C. If previously you had a letter telling you to shield stay at home.'

OK all sensible advice but does this not take us into a completely different Tier?

I'm not surprised some people are doing their own thing or just confused as there does not seem to be a great deal of consistency from our leaders.
That advice is very confusing. I agree - it does look as though it takes you into a different tier.

lindisfel

Expert
Jacinda Ardern seems to have nailed it. The populists seem to have handled it worst and in most cases caught the thing themselves. I would say Bolsonaro, Trump, Erdogan, Modi and co are pretty strong. You can add Xi and Putin to those. Wrong but strong. Basically, all unencumbered by democracy. Anyhow, this is a topic for my (our?) grandchildren to study at Uni (I hope). I would dearly love to hear their thoughts - not sure LC is the way to reach that goal.
Wrong but Strong! You mean like Stalin and Genghis Khan? :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Helen has text her mum this am, she is feeling a wee bit better. Says dont go near anyone with a cold...hers started like a cold/QUOTE]
Good to hear that Helen is feeling a bit better. Thank you for the information that her Covid-19 started like a cold. I have asked that anyone who has a cold not to attend classes but was wondering if I was being a bit 'over the top' so it was good to hear that I wasn't.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a lovely walk at Blickling.

Archie is definitely fully recovered as we walked for 2 1/2 hours and he could have easily walked for longer as he was enjoying his walk so much.

The woodland part of the walk was almost magical. I think, since we have had the lovely artwork on this thread, I am more aware of how beautiful the countryside is.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

up betimes (according to the new 'clock' ;) ) and over to mum's for Sunday dinner. Mild chicken curry followed by a chocolate mousse for pudding that turned out well even though I say so myself :D

Details in case anyone wants them -
First I put a layer of thin slices of my LC chocolate sponge in the base of a silicon loaf tin.
Took a small amount of gelatine and pre soaked it with a small amount of cold water (or caramel flavoured sugar free coffee syrup), dark chocolate of choice dissolved in warmed double cream, add a couple of spoonfulls of full fat yoghurt to cool and beat together with the gelatine. In another bowl whisk the white of a large free range egg with some truvia/erythritol to stiff peaks. Fold together carefully and spoon over the base. Chill overnight. Made three decent portions :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@jjraak - Yay! for the good test news :joyful:

@Alien Aspie - different but equally interesting. I love the silhouetted treeline and the subtle hint of the previous texture :)

@JohnEGreen - interesting effect and a pleasing composition, good stuff :)

@dunelm - like your work today very much, the trees are great and the bridge adds scale :)

@Muddy Cyclist - turned out interesting and very vibrant, it's interesting to see how you moved it along. I find dark skies really difficult to do and yours are very effective :)

@gennepher - a big hug for the painful neighbour experience :sorry:
Your picture has lovely vibrant colour and I like the top wash area. shame about the minor damage to the paper but it doesn't negate the effect :)

art bit -
When I try using my rice paper I'll bear @gennepher 's experience in mind.

A quick thing today, trying to improve my clouds, the rocks are not good but I suppose I could perform surgery and crop some of them off ;)

upload_2020-10-25_18-37-18.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a good walk today but can't find my Apple Lightning to USB connector to download photos, only used it a day ago, frustrating. :banghead: Worked in garden all afternoon so painting today started but not finished.

A4 watercolour this is after the second colour wash ready for the detail, very wet paper, you can see the run off at the bottom, then allow the paint to merge.We are lucky to have many avenues of Beech Trees on Cannock Chase so painting will be based on these. Will finish Monday.

IMG_3974.JPG

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A quick thing today, trying to improve my clouds, the rocks are not good but I suppose I could perform surgery and crop some of them off ;)
Looks well painted to me. Always good to practice but this looks very good lots of depth in that sky and the rock ain't so bad, nice seascape big sky.

Thanks for you appreciationof my last effort.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

@gennepher - a big hug for the painful neighbour experience :sorry:
Your picture has lovely vibrant colour and I like the top wash area. shame about the minor damage to the paper but it doesn't negate the effect :)

art bit -
When I try using my rice paper I'll bear @gennepher 's experience in mind.

View attachment 44905
Thank you for my hug @geefull

Your picture is wonderful.
The rocks are good.

They don't need surgery! But I know what you mean when you are not happy with a bit of the painting. These rocks are fine though. They are successful.