What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, Hygge has had the allowed 15 minutes of fame, or more likely cash in the tills. Koselig is the new money spinner, sorry buzzword. Personally, anything that means you need to wear socks, long sleeved tops, base layers, long trousers and sleep under a duvet is fundamentally wrong This is how impoverished folks who read The Telegraph are urged to cope - poor darlings. Paywall may block you - I pay to see what my enemies think. The Mail is a step too far and has rubbish sports reporting I'm told @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher the mixed messages are deliberate. Set a flexible framework and blame "the people" when R takes off. The 56 year old Boy Wonder accepts no responsibility for where this ends up.

There is something I have noticed in the messages we have been given by welsh government, and the local council, and the Twitter feed for this area.

I noticed it in the first lockdown. And it caused me confusion. Because it was conflicting information.

Last week the circuit breaker was announced for Wales on Monday. So, over the week was the Welsh government information, which was written by one copywriter (is the way I am going to explain this). Then we had the local council updates on this which was written by a completely different copywriter which gave even more (almost impossible almost ridiculous) restrictions than the Welsh Government site. Then there were the Twitter posts and updates for this area which was written by a completely different copywriter who put the slant of much more freedom on the same information.

It was utterly confusing.

No wonder people say what the h3ll. This is too much to work out.

I can see through it. But none of my friends could.

Now that you Ian, have brought up that these mixed messages are deliberate, then what I am observing makes sense.

The population want to take the easy option. People are on and read Twitter. And if it comes from your local council, then it must be right? Yes?

But I get the local council updates to my Inbox which are a much stricter version of both the Welsh Government, and the Twitter information.

So you do have conflicting information here.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think along the same lines, The plan from day one. However there are many left, right and centralist leaders the world over making similar moves and decisions so I start to wonder on how big a scale this is, it seems to me to have less to do with political persuasion and more to do with lack of strong leaders.
Jacinda Ardern seems to have nailed it. The populists seem to have handled it worst and in most cases caught the thing themselves. I would say Bolsonaro, Trump, Erdogan, Modi and co are pretty strong. You can add Xi and Putin to those. Wrong but strong. Basically, all unencumbered by democracy. Anyhow, this is a topic for my (our?) grandchildren to study at Uni (I hope). I would dearly love to hear their thoughts - not sure LC is the way to reach that goal.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are chasing their tails.

I sympathise with @gennepher ,

Edit.
I have removed a slight section of this posting, I am in enough trouble as it is .

A 5.9 this morning on the meter of mystery and naughtiness.

Now I wish you all a relaxing day, something which will elude me and me's.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are chasing their tails.

I sympathise with @gennepher , but please don't take my route, I had a problem many years ago with people in my neighbourhood and solved it with the aid of a crowbar, fists and a gentle throttling. Problem solved, but a nasty reputation ensued. Thankfully these days I'm far to old to do this sort of thing. You are welcome to borrow my crowbar, but you will have to wait till after lockdown to collect it hehehehe.

A 5.9 this morning on the meter of mystery and naughtiness.

Now I wish you all a relaxing day, something which will elude me and me's.

I will bear that in mind @alf_Josiah
;)

lindisfel

Expert
We need another Birtwhistle to sort track and trace and Dido should be sacked.Track trace should be funded in primary local care just as the Aussies have done.

These ***** are going to have a lot more people die.

Helen has text her mum this am, she is feeling a wee bit better. Says dont go near anyone with a cold...hers started like a cold.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's possibly a better explanation than mine of these leaders.

Off for a good 8 mile stroll now whilst the sun still shines, Wolseley Estates and Trent Valley Canal, I ha e told Mrs MC it's just 5 miles. :)
Enjoy the walk/cycle. I find Carly's advice helpful. What goes on tour stays on tour can be very useful. If the past is a foreign country where they do things differently so are the male ego and female love of/ concern for their man.

Last edited:
Reactions: UserABC2021

lindisfel

Expert
You live in a beautiful location. Hope you were well anchored to get that River photo, a wrong step would have more than wet feet. :)
Its where sloping concrete runs down into the river to take tractors along a track through the river, tractors no longer use it now, tractors are too big.
I would hate to fall in the cold water at my age.
I remember the Goons, " He's fallen in the water!" :) I think it was a Bluebottle catch phrase or was it Eccles?
D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your meal sounds absolutely delicious to me @dunelm

and your Chinese paintings are brilliant and are tantalising me to get started on doing mine properly...but it will be a few days yet, because I am procrastinating on clearing my painting table...
Thank you @gennepher - nothing like a good bit of procrastinating to move things along

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

Silly me woke up and got up at 3 am this morning (like I often do).
I sorted the kitchen, did the pots, tidied a drawer.
Came back to bed at 6:45 am, and turned my iPad on.
iPad said it was 5:45am...
I didn't get that clock changing memo...

So, I did my painting on Chinese paper for today.
I made a mistake of trying to move the wet paint with my finger at the top. You can see the paper is damaged.

I used my Art Kure Japanese Brush pens again, and the water spray.
The drawing was meant to be more delicate, but it was on the sopping wet paint again.

So do not move paint around with your finger on Chinese paper. It tears pieces off.

View attachment 44894
Lovely bold colours and yes, forgot to emphasise - once that paper gets wet - don’t go near it. Also having it on some felt or soft blanket material helps to hold it down and make it easier to work with.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the back garden I can't cope with in terms of size and view. Fairly standard for UK I would say - just not to my liking after previous house. Most of the useless tress/shrubs have gone already. Guess it is called downsizing for a reason:banghead:

upload_2020-10-25_12-45-10.png

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For anyone thinking what kind of nightmare urgently required men with hammers to gut and rescue it for me - here it is. Building started in 1994 - a generation on it was soo dated and clearly unsuited to COVID times. It is clear to me how cramped and COVID spreading these houses are. There are 2 parks less than 5 mins away with kids play areas and forests within 5 mins drive. I know things could be worse. Thank goodness (I believe it is really God) we are nearly done. https://www.onthemarket.com/details/7560904/

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon survivors of tawdry ideas and govt shilly shallying.

Starve a Kid
& save an MP, a novel idea ;)

No FBG, BUT tempo check say's i'll live .....for now.

Good news....and Bad news

Good news is... Lauren got a NEGATIVE on her covid test...:D:D:D

Bad news is i was asleep when she got the message..at 6 am..(60 hours after test site said 24..:rolleyes: )
and while i slept on,

She went full commando (probably :wideyed:)

She snuck under the wire, took control of all communications,
and has laid firm plans to invade Fuerteventura for 10 days in November ...

God help me... she's unstoppable

Look out Gran Can, the Plague runners are ON their way...:wideyed::woot:

Congrats on the new Biden voter in the family @Alien Aspie

stay well all.:)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Commiserations on the neighbours from hell dilemma, @gennepher
rubbing along V Rubbing each other up the wrong way...:arghh:

Sure it's easy away from the flames, to offer suggestions.

i guess it's hard for you to get the others together and get a local consensus going,
maybe a well measured/respectful newsletter pointing out the fallout is longer and more lockdowns to follow.

a suggestion of better for all to respect this one, especially with *Christmas coming up, MIGHT help gain some traction and community spirit.

*Noting here, my money is on an unlock xmas week, regardless of the state of the country/countries of the UK.

Sometime when you know you can't stop the tide, even the most stupidest MP's will realise they can't realistically play Canute at this time of year.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely bold colours and yes, forgot to emphasise - once that paper gets wet - don’t go near it. Also having it on some felt or soft blanket material helps to hold it down and make it easier to work with.
Thanks, I'll be more careful next time!

Would a feather be delicate enough to move the wet paint on that paper?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon survivors of tawdry ideas and govt shilly shallying.

Starve a Kid
& save an MP, a novel idea ;)

No FBG, BUT tempo check say's i'll live .....for now.

Good news....and Bad news

Good news is... Lauren got a NEGATIVE on her covid test...:D:D:D

Bad news is i was asleep when she got the message..at 6 am..(60 hours after test site said 24..:rolleyes: )
and while i slept on,

She went full commando (probably :wideyed:)

She snuck under the wire, took control of all communications,
and has laid firm plans to invade Fuerteventura for 10 days in November ...

God help me... she's unstoppable

Look out Gran Can, the Plague runners are ON their way...:wideyed::woot:

Congrats on the new Biden voter in the family @Alien Aspie

stay well all.:)
Brilliant for all the good news. I am glad for you all @jjraak