What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Continuing a downward trend today with a 4.7 on the prickometer.

Forgive me if I do not try and comment on all the superb posts of the last few days brain fog has kicked in, for all those having bit of a hard time one massive hug from me all the humorous posts have made me laugh and the art work and photos transport me to another realm where I love to be this is the most uplifting thread on the forum. Populated by some of the kindest people I know.

we managed a walk in Brierley Park today weather being not to bad I like the park as there are benches every few hundred yards and I can walk from bench to bench .

Took some snap shots.

Pidgeon.jpg
Tit.jpg

Judith was pleasantly surprised to receive this in the post yesterday.

IMG_0326.jpg

And here is another one of Melody's photos
PSX_20201025_105512.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Forgive me if I do not try and comment on all the superb posts of the last few days brain fog has kicked in, for all those having bit of a hard time one massive hug from me all the humorous posts have made me laugh and the art work and photos transport me to another realm where I love to be this is the most uplifting thread on the forum. Populated by some of the kindest people I know.

we managed a walk in Brierley Park today weather being not to bad I like the park as there are benches every few hundred yards and I can walk from bench to bench .

Took some snap shots.

View attachment 44911 View attachment 44912

View attachment 44913

And here is another one of Melody's photos View attachment 44915

Glorious pics..

can't recall or read that the badge was for, @JohnEGreen ..

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Took some snap shots.

View attachment 44911 View attachment 44912

View attachment 44913

And here is another one of Melody's photos View attachment 44915
Nice snaps, and well done Judith.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today.

We are supposed to be meeting 2 friends for lunch today is their home, have told him we have seen family over the weekend and Cannock CHase District Council are advising don't meet anyone in your home, I await to hear yes or no from our friends as he had to shield during lockdown.

Tesco adventure first though.

KEep safe, be wise.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Painting for today on Chinese paper and Art Kure brush pens.

I had a bit of a disaster with the white brush pen. These pens were bought late 1990's. I have about 30 different colours. And I am amazed they still work. I have used them for detail work over the years, but not actually for a full painting. A couple of these brush pens leak badly, but the rest are fine. My fingers are covered in blood red paint from the red one that leaked badly yesterday. Even Jif doesn't shift it. Anyway I thought the white brush pen had solidified, which you would expect after well over 20 years (white ink solidifies). But when I disconnected the barrel of paint from the brush bit...ooops. Liquid white leapt on to my painting. Note to self, make sure any finished painting is well away from from any paint investigations in future.

So I used my white gel pen to add a bit of white to the trees to make those accidental splodges of white look intentional...

1463F4D0-2D9F-46BC-B483-CB05C38AEE49.jpeg

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

Painting for today on Chinese paper and Art Kure brush pens.

I had a bit of a disaster with the white brush pen. These pens were bought late 1990's. And I am amazed they still work. I have used them for detail work over the years, but not actually for a full painting. A couple of these brush pens leak badly, but the rest are fine. My fingers are covered in blood red paint from the red one that leaked badly yesterday. Even Jif doesn't shift it. Anyway I thought the white brush pen had solidified, which you would expect after well over 20 years (white ink solidifies). But when I disconnected the barrel of paint from the brush bit...ooops. Liquid white leapt on to my painting. Note to self, make sure any finished painting is well away from from any paint investigations in future.

So I used my white gel pen to add a bit of white to the trees to make those accidental splodges of white look intentional...

View attachment 44924
Excellent forest scene, I love the colours and the dark shades of the forest floor against the sun lit ground and leaves, you did well to turn your disaster with the pen into a success.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morrow kind self identifiers one and all. My Libre and stabbo furlough lingers on - a fashionable circuit breaker. Unlike Dishy's wizard wheeze this is saving money:none of which will go to Dido. Her music career must have left her minted. I've learned absolutely nothing and resolved none of the issues I had hoped to settle. I find it extremely hard not to see some versions of LCHF as equally harmful to A1c's in mid 40s . To me, it can't be good/safe roaming around with Trigs above 1 , being a statin denier, gobbling heavy cream but burnishing a low A1c. Anyone who has an A1c around 30, BMI around 18.5 but Trigs over 1 needs to re-asses the immediate danger IMHO. The carbs are not the problem in that profile. The longer I stay around this forum the more bizarre some of this becomes. Pip Pip old toots

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

lindisfel

Expert
Have great start to the week everyone, here's hoping all your plans come to fruition.

Our family from York are coming up to see us tuesday and have an overnight stay in a hotel, but we can only see them outside tuesday and wednesday..
The only real problem on the horizon is a wet day on tuesday, so it will not be easy.

The fiasco on meals for poor kids goes on and on and the neglected needs of State education for children during this pandemic are being highlighted in a Panorama programme tonight.
However, there seems to less chance now that poor kids will get the needed kit if there was an alternative in place to in-school teaching.
By now one would have thought education systems would be able to hit the ground running with a digital equivalent if local school problems occur.

Where has the British, can do, attitude gone?
To me it just seems like a bad dream where one is in a fix and any movement is like wading through treacle!
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning.

We are off walking shortly then off to Norwich to Dunelm to.pick up some mugs I ordered.

This will be the first time since March that we have visited a 'non-essential' shop. We could have had them delivered but Mr K thought it might be nice to see if there was anything more we needed there.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another leaf dropping morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of toad in the hole with the last of the red cabbage came in at 5.1 this am

Blooming freezer playing up - evaporator fan motor? Can it be replaced or is it the whole thing - investigations in a while. I have. Someone calling round this morning to collect a fife to give to a homeless veteran with PTSD who used to play one. I hope it helps. Can’t play one myself but this was given to me about 20 years ago by someone who was probably going to throw it out. It’s quite nice, three pieces, made of wood and in what was once a fancy case.
We have a ginko tree in the garden - My mother was given two tiny seedlings from the groundsmen at Westonbirt Arboretum during a painting trip quite a long time ago and gave one to me. We planted it in the garden when we moved here 14 years ago but it is in the wrong place. Still not very big after all this time - about 2ft tall but it’s just hiding in a corner.

@geefull - than you for your comments and for posting the mousse recipe. Another fine and well balanced watercolour from you. The clouds look OK to me and some good rocks.
@lindisfel - smashing photo .
@Muddy Cyclist - colour wash - did you also add conditioner? Hope that your friends understand your concerns regarding lunch.
@JohnEGreen - a fine set of snap shots - thank you for sharing.
@gennepher - Wonderfully colourful magical forest. I like the contrast between the forest floor and the canopy. Good job on the white.

I did a couple of paintings yesterday, one a scene from the Huangshan Mountains and one a quick zen sketch with a flared out brush. Have a wonderful day if you can. Dig out the pumpkin recipes. Time for koffy.

upload_2020-10-26_8-5-54.jpeg

upload_2020-10-26_8-5-24.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning.

We are off walking shortly then off to Norwich to Dunelm to.pick up some mugs I ordered.

This will be the first time since March that we have visited a 'non-essential' shop. We could have had them delivered but Mr K thought it might be nice to see if there was anything more we needed there.

All the best in Norwich, mention my name and you will be greeted with fanfares and free access to the exit door.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morrow kind self identifiers one and all. My Libre and stabbo furlough lingers on - a fashionable circuit breaker. Unlike Dishy's wizard wheeze this is saving money:none of which will go to Dido. Her music career must have left her minted. I've learned absolutely nothing and resolved none of the issues I had hoped to settle. I find it extremely hard not to see some versions of LCHF as equally harmful to A1c's in mid 40s . To me, it can't be good/safe roaming around with Trigs above .6 , being a statin denier, gobbling heavy cream but burnishing a low A1c. Anyone who has an A1c around 30, BMI around 18.5 but Trigs up around or over 1 needs to reasses the immediate danger IMHO. The carbs are not the problem in that profile. The longer I stay around this forum the more bizarre some of this becomes. Pip Pip old toots
I thought that triglycerides ought to be below 1.7mmol/L?

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another leaf dropping morning in the dark and dangerous north

@gennepher - Wonderfully colourful magical forest. I like the contrast between the forest floor and the canopy. Good job on the white.

I did a couple of paintings yesterday, one a scene from the Huangshan Mountains and one a quick zen sketch with a flared out brush. Have a wonderful day if you can. Dig out the pumpkin recipes. Time for koffy.

View attachment 44926

View attachment 44925
Thank you @dunelm
Brilliant paintings
I love both of them, especially the rock detail on the top one. It makes it have a 3 dimensional quality.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The wonder wheel of toad in the hole with the last of the red cabbage came in at 5.1 this am

Blooming freezer playing up - evaporator fan motor? Can it be replaced or is it the whole thing - investigations in a while. I have. Someone calling round this morning to collect a fife to give to a homeless veteran with PTSD who used to play one. I hope it helps. Can’t play one myself but this was given to me about 20 years ago by someone who was probably going to throw it out. It’s quite nice, three pieces, made of wood and in what was once a fancy case.
We have a ginko tree in the garden - My mother was given two tiny seedlings from the groundsmen at Westonbirt Arboretum during a painting trip quite a long time ago and gave one to me. We planted it in the garden when we moved here 14 years ago but it is in the wrong place. Still not very big after all this time - about 2ft tall but it’s just hiding in a corner.

@geefull - than you for your comments and for posting the mousse recipe. Another fine and well balanced watercolour from you. The clouds look OK to me and some good rocks.
@lindisfel - smashing photo .
@Muddy Cyclist - colour wash - did you also add conditioner? Hope that your friends understand your concerns regarding lunch.
@JohnEGreen - a fine set of snap shots - thank you for sharing.

View attachment 44926

View attachment 44925
Two very different approaches to art from you today, first is fascinating those rocks and mountains are such good subjects and you have captured the drama of the landscape. Second, great to try new techniques with technology.

Hugs for freezer dilemma.

Our friends said see you later so we are on for lunch. Suddenly simple pleasures feel like we are living dangerously.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Two very different approaches to art from you today, first is fascinating those rocks and mountains are such good subjects and you have captured the drama of the landscape. Second, great to try new techniques with technology.

Hugs for freezer dilemma.

Our friends said see you later so we are on for lunch. Suddenly simple pleasures feel like we are living dangerously.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist - they were both painted with ink directly onto rice paper - the flared brush thing is done by flattening out a chinese brush to make the end spiked and then keeping it quite dry.