What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning.

We are off walking shortly then off to Norwich to Dunelm to.pick up some mugs I ordered.

This will be the first time since March that we have visited a 'non-essential' shop. We could have had them delivered but Mr K thought it might be nice to see if there was anything more we needed there.

Bloke thinking at it's finest.

Channelling that inner male

"Pop into B&Q" ..tick
"Hunter mode selected"...tick
"engage Tool mode..GO "....:D

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco was a joy :banghead: I had not put two and two together, half term! Rugrats everywhere, yes I do use it in a derogatory sense as parents seem clueless as in the strange world of rugrats. So often hear Baby Boomers move over let the young take over. Yet with what I have witnessed today of parents trying to reason with kids throwing tantrums, kids making demands, screaming because they can't have their own way, back chatting their moms and dads, moms and dads ineffective in dealing with them, we are doomed.

Yes I know I sound like a grumpy old man but I am not, my kids and grandchildren don't have these issues or lack respect or have problems with discipline, yet I reckon from today's experience in Tesco at least 80% did not know how to deal with their children.

Maybe I have been locked up to long, dodging the crowds, need to get back into the real world. :(
You need to shop in Waitrose - they have a better class of Persian carpet water voles.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to shop in Waitrose - they have a better class of Persian carpet water voles.
You've not met all the Jocastas and Pericles who can't go skiing this half term have you? Disobedient in several languages and well aware parents quite able to pay for breakages. I can be entertained without that. Had ours delivered this morning by those very people

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon.

fbg 6.9..just had bite so i'll see in 2 hours where that food puts me.

Our tiny little Covid Saga, rumbles on.

Laurens boss. GOT it
Lauren NEGATIVE.

HIS wife now positive.(today)

so we sat down to play covid roulette.

rules seemed simple at first glance.

get sick..14 days isolation from symptoms.

OR 10 days from test result....ok.:spam:

so lauren negative (but i have seen 3 o 4 negatives and some THEN test positive )
STILL should isolate until 14 days after her boss tested positive...
OR first had symptoms....:wacky:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...reatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

Now that all seems simpe-ish...But you can't get a test unless you HAVE symptoms.
so 1st of month get symptoms....(out on day 15)
3 days in (4th ) decide you need a test, 3 days later you get results back 10th (total 6 days)
now out on day 21....oops.

but if your out on day 15..and they say stay in until day 21..is that a risk to the wider community

now throw in a few other who test or have symptoms later, as in his wife, and it's in the realms of quantum physics.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Does a stack like that with a tree on it really exist? Or is it just a phallusy! :)

Good morning everyone from another leaf dropping morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of toad in the hole with the last of the red cabbage came in at 5.1 this am

Blooming freezer playing up - evaporator fan motor? Can it be replaced or is it the whole thing - investigations in a while. I have. Someone calling round this morning to collect a fife to give to a homeless veteran with PTSD who used to play one. I hope it helps. Can’t play one myself but this was given to me about 20 years ago by someone who was probably going to throw it out. It’s quite nice, three pieces, made of wood and in what was once a fancy case.
We have a ginko tree in the garden - My mother was given two tiny seedlings from the groundsmen at Westonbirt Arboretum during a painting trip quite a long time ago and gave one to me. We planted it in the garden when we moved here 14 years ago but it is in the wrong place. Still not very big after all this time - about 2ft tall but it’s just hiding in a corner.

@geefull - than you for your comments and for posting the mousse recipe. Another fine and well balanced watercolour from you. The clouds look OK to me and some good rocks.
@lindisfel - smashing photo .
@Muddy Cyclist - colour wash - did you also add conditioner? Hope that your friends understand your concerns regarding lunch.
@JohnEGreen - a fine set of snap shots - thank you for sharing.
@gennepher - Wonderfully colourful magical forest. I like the contrast between the forest floor and the canopy. Good job on the white.

I did a couple of paintings yesterday, one a scene from the Huangshan Mountains and one a quick zen sketch with a flared out brush. Have a wonderful day if you can. Dig out the pumpkin recipes. Time for koffy.

View attachment 44926

View attachment 44925

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

Painting for today on Chinese paper and Art Kure brush pens.

I had a bit of a disaster with the white brush pen. These pens were bought late 1990's. I have about 30 different colours. And I am amazed they still work. I have used them for detail work over the years, but not actually for a full painting. A couple of these brush pens leak badly, but the rest are fine. My fingers are covered in blood red paint from the red one that leaked badly yesterday. Even Jif doesn't shift it. Anyway I thought the white brush pen had solidified, which you would expect after well over 20 years (white ink solidifies). But when I disconnected the barrel of paint from the brush bit...ooops. Liquid white leapt on to my painting. Note to self, make sure any finished painting is well away from from any paint investigations in future.

So I used my white gel pen to add a bit of white to the trees to make those accidental splodges of white look intentional...

View attachment 44924
Love your painting.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6 for me today.

We are supposed to be meeting 2 friends for lunch today is their home, have told him we have seen family over the weekend and Cannock CHase District Council are advising don't meet anyone in your home, I await to hear yes or no from our friends as he had to shield during lockdown.

Tesco adventure first though.

KEep safe, be wise.

Agree how annoyingly all the simple things need careful planning,

BUT on the plus side.. we all get live our lives like Austin Powers now.

Well, we do celebrate every possible legal connection now like a Victory, right ...:D

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon.

fbg 6.9..just had bite so i'll see in 2 hours where that food puts me.

Our tiny little Covid Saga, rumbles on.

Laurens boss. GOT it
Lauren NEGATIVE.

HIS wife now positive.(today)

so we sat down to play covid roulette.

rules seemed simple at first glance.

get sick..14 days isolation from symptoms.

OR 10 days from test result....ok.:spam:

so lauren negative (but i have seen 3 o 4 negatives and some THEN test positive )
STILL should isolate until 14 days after her boss tested positive...
OR first had symptoms....:wacky:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...reatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

Now that all seems simpe-ish...But you can't get a test unless you HAVE symptoms.
so 1st of month get symptoms....(out on day 15)
3 days in (4th ) decide you need a test, 3 days later you get results back 10th (total 6 days)
now out on day 21....oops.

but if your out on day 15..and they say stay in until day 21..is that a risk to the wider community

now throw in a few other who test or have symptoms later, as in his wife, and it's in the realms of quantum physics.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

You will soon be able to nip into Boots and get a quick test - they say in about two weeks so that gives you lots of time to learn how to pick pockets in order to have sufficient funds. £120 - what a laught.

lindisfel

Expert
Had occasion to go through Lord Inglewood's "Little Park" this morning on the road through Unthank End.
Their mainly Oaks but other spectacular trees as well, the sun came out for a time and there was some beautiful colours and since they seem relatively sheltered they hadn't lost many leaves.

I find the natural world a constant source of spiritual pleasure.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best in Norwich, mention my name and you will be greeted with fanfares and free access to the exit door.
Thank you Dunelm. We were greeted by fanfares and awarded Freedom of Dunelm and granted permission to buy anything in the shop. So we bought poo bags and a tray to match my lovely new mugs.

On the way there our sat nav started to work in weird and mysterious ways. We were intrigued so decided to follow it. So instead of the 20 mile journey it promised us - it took us on a 30 mile magical mystery tour. It behaved on the way back home and took us on a correct 20 mile journey.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thank you Dunelm. We were greeted by fanfares and awarded Freedom of Dunelm and granted permission to buy anything in the shop. So we bought poo bags and a tray to match my lovely new mugs.

On the way there our sat nav started to work in weird and mysterious ways. We were intrigued so decided to follow it. So instead of the 20 mile journey it promised us - it took us on a 30 mile magical mystery tour. It behaved on the way back home and took us on a correct 20 mile journey.
I love my sat nav some times I get in the car and just drive in totally random directions till I am hopelessly lost then turn it on and let it guide me home.

I am unsure if I posted my fbg today or not so here it is any way 4.9 on the prickometer I have switched meters to my contour next one for now spent several fruitless hours trying to recharge it with a USB charger before I remembered the meter does not have a rechargeable battery.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

So glad you were treated in style. Poo bags - a great purchase. So many public loos closed - I have a Radar key

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love my sat nav some times I get in the car and just drive in totally random directions till I am hopelessly lost then turn it on and let it guide me home.

I am unsure if I posted my fbg today or not so here it is any way 4.9 on the prickometer I have switched meters to my contour next one for now spent several fruitless hours trying to recharge it with a USB charger before I remembered the meter does not have a rechargeable battery.
Yep. I do that on my bike - explore little back roads, sometimes with green stuff growing along them - then when I want to go home, switch on the satnav.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So glad you were treated in style. Poo bags - a great purchase. So many public loos closed - I have a Radar key
Perhaps I should have typed doggy poo bags. Although, when you think of all the public loos being closed, maybe you were not far off the mark.

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Agree how annoyingly all the simple things need careful planning,

BUT on the plus side.. we all get live our lives like Austin Powers now.

Well, we do celebrate every possible legal connection now like a Victory, right ...:D

Hi jjraak,
I guess that kind of behaviour in London is ok, but we would get locked up in the North! :)