What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
You've not met all the Jocastas and Pericles who can't go skiing this half term have you? Disobedient in several languages and well aware parents quite able to pay for breakages. I can be entertained without that. Had ours delivered this morning by those very people
That's a bit unfair Ian! You have missed out the Tarquins? :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New Thank you Dunelm. We were greeted by fanfares and awarded Freedom of Dunelm and granted permission to buy anything in the shop. So we bought poo bags and a tray to match my lovely new mugs.
Gosh that's a bit posh, poo bags matching your mugs. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love my sat nav some times I get in the car and just drive in totally random directions till I am hopelessly lost then turn it on and let it guide me home.
I am unsure if I posted my fbg today or not so here it is any way 4.9 on the prickometer I have switched meters to my contour next one for now spent several fruitless hours trying to recharge it with a USB charger before I remembered the meter does not have a rechargeable battery.
That sounds like fun. I did something similar with the children when they were young - when we were hopelessly lost we would get out the maps - unfortunately no sat navs then.

Sat navs are brilliant - especially for someone like me who has no problem getting hopelessly lost.

Good that you remembered that the battery wasn't rechargeable.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A little update on my appointment at QMC Nottingham tomorrow Judith was adamant that I should not go so we or I should say she phoned the hospital this morning and they fully understood our reservations and also said they had not fully appreciated the distance I have to travel and are rescheduling my appointment for another date. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A little update on my appointment at QMC Nottingham tomorrow Judith was adamant that I should not go so we or I should say she phoned the hospital this morning and they fully understood our reservations and also said they had not fully appreciated the distance I have to travel and are rescheduling my appointment for another date. :)
I am glad Judith rang and explained. This sounds a very good solution. Now, take care and wind down from the stress this must have caused you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

My painting for today.
Art Kure brush pens and Chinese paper.
And some white powdered Chinese paint which I have had since forever and not used yet.

You can see where I sprinkled the white powdered paint, and it took even over vey dark colours.
At the bottom I took apart the white Kure brush pen and sprinkled some white. It was meant to be a pond. Didn't work. So it became a path.

In my head this was all meant to lead into a golden yellow meadow, and there was going to be a stile in between the trees to lead to it. It didn't work. That was my vision for this painting. But it didn't happen, it evolved differently. The paint does its own thing. It usually does with me. If I paint the picture I set out to paint, it is usually boring, competent but boring.

So this painting did its own thing...

I was going to add something to this painting this morning, but it wasn't right to use the brush pens again. The paper was dry by now, but to use the brush pen would have been to impose something the painting didn't want. So I made a coffee, had a bowl of cereal with chia seeds in. And I knew what I wanted.

I took a photo of the painting. And put it into Procreate. I wanted a rainbow in the middle. That middle bit was different, almost a globe of different effects. I knew I wanted something between the two trees, and it wasn't a white light I wanted, because that would have painted out that globe between the trees. I wanted to keep the painting as the Art Kure brush pens had reacted to the sprayed water on the Chinese paper. So, using layers in Procreate, I did this rainbow, then I realised I would like it as a circle.

So now this painting is called "Hope"
This is personal to me.
The last time I did a painting called "Hope", it was for the same person over a decade ago. I painted a daffodil tied with string on to a tree branch. That painting worked its magic...no one has ever seen it...

9497F954-592F-4A88-8E0C-F7A469C341B8.jpeg

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
New Libre sensor on last night and put it on my thigh for the first time in ages.
Vetwrap might have been a little too restrictive - 3.7 ➡️
4.6 ➡️ to 4.8➡️ after taking it off and using a new leg tubigrip (because now instead of door frames, mu sensor is at perfect bed-frame and desk ripping-it-off height!

Anyway - alive and kicking

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
Art Kure brush pens and Chinese paper.
And some white powdered Chinese paint which I have had since forever and not used yet.
Full of depth and colour. When you expand the image, you almost get a Mandelbrot effect where the water has taken the colours. Superb and thank you for sharing the process.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all - a day of reflection here. 36th wedding anniversary brings all kinds of memories to the surface. Three sons and five grandchildren, six by February 21st is/are a blessing. Six different houses but IMHO one home so far, the last one. My grandchildren have all slept and played there so four generations linked to that land. So many funerals from the original cast, some real tearjerkers there. I won't be dressing in top hat and tails to mark the 2.30 kick off. Nature kindly woke me at 3.30 and the dogs alerted me to their chaos at 5.15. After today we have three days of grandchildren duties, work on this place may cease and we will have a meal together at the weekend. That takes us almost to Nov 3 and potentially D day (after a wait for sulky to accept his drubbing) and a restart of measuring and acknowledging my failure - or mayhap success sometimes. Toodle Pip

Last edited: