What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.50am FBG 5.9
Now more or less settled in motorhome on friends land. MrSlim has managed to setup work station,
Cat, after the trauma of the journey has settled in and seems happy enough. Ofc he is getting more attention with us both being here all the time.
Fridge has been sorted out and is now working due to the wonders of the internet.
So we are both feeling a lot happier. Internet shopping still a distant dream, but our friend did shopping for us this morning so we are ok for a couple of days.
Perhaps I will have time to read and respond to posts soon. Everything takes at least four times as long, waste water disposal not sorted yet. But we are warm and cosy if a bit cramped, so it's all ok.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good late Morening all, struggling for time again here.

This morning a 5.4, hmmmm

Mrs J has written a task list and is watch me and me's like a hawk.
It might have something to do with the fact that she asked me to sort out a pair of socks for her, she never said that they should match, Mrs J is now wearing odd socks.
Hugs for the nunber alfs x

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Famous artists will tell you that the light from both the Gower and Lleyn peninsulas is epic. Well, they would if they weren't dead :)
I agree I have spent many a holiday painting on the Llyn Peninsula and the light is magical.

I'm envious of your upcoming move, like I said a lovely part of the world.

Any outdoor cycling is good providing you can Cycle and look around, some cyclists just have their heads down against the clock, I like to note what's around me.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A wet afternoon gardening, Mrs MC insisted we get all our pots re planted, muddy, wet, cold but the pots look good.

Finished yesterday's watercolour of some Conwy Valley waterfalls. A4 about 2 hours. Taken from some photos I took and some on internet in Autumn, combined with artistic license.

IMG_3992.JPG

I'm going to start Autumn Vistas and big skies next @ianpspurs mention of good light inspired me.

lindisfel

Expert
Don't you feel there is something daunting about the view when one looks across towards Bardsey, surrounded by flat seas knowing under the surface are menacing currents?
D.

I agree I have spent many a holiday painting on the Llyn Peninsula and the light is magical.

Any outdoor cycling is good providing you can Cycle and look around, some cyclists just have their heads down against the clock, I like to note what's around me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

The paternal side of Julie's family were and still are very much of the Llyn Peninsula - quite a contrast with the fens IMHO. The terroir shapes a person in deep ways. No1 son went to Bangor Uni partly based on family links to the area. I have obviously been there a few times and some days it din't rain.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weird.... so when I reported the duff sensor someone at Abbot sent a replacement and I thought that was that. Pharmacist gave me a blood kit at cost as a favour and he is a gem, so I thought I was all sorted for any more flatlining LOs.

Just had a phone call with Libre's next level support where I rightly apologised for forgetting that it is when a sensor FAILS they usually replace and thanking them for agreeing to replace it anyway, but... he apologised to ME for the rep being quite intransigent and handling the call badly, and is sending me a New Freestylyle Optium Neo blood kit and strips so that if it flatlines again I can use that to do the comparisons, AND.... a new sensor even though they have already put a new one out in the post! So I joked they are obviously trying to shift then old stock for when the fancy schmancy Libre 2 becomes more readily available! He did actually ask me if I was going to try it when it becomes available and said he would follow up and be happy for me to trial one and welcomed the feedback. I know when I had real issues with them as I was suffering from allergic reactions, I had mentioned I was a journalist (hence avoiding multiple finger pricking) so still obviously on my records!

Anyway - they had already sent out one on escalation so this obviously went up a further level and I wasn't expecting two to come at me, but with no regular shifts since March, I am not going to complain. At £50 a pop, to be reimbursed any at all after what was essentially my own forgetfulness over when to claim was decent enough.

Now... if the good luck fairies could *just* help me get back some regular shift work, I'd be grateful!

lindisfel

Expert
Talking about rain, it been a wet day in the North Lakes today.
They used to have a saying in Lincoln. "Rain before 7 fine before 11!" It certainly not like that here, it can rain for 36 hours no difficulty.

I think I shall light the wood stove tomorrow, but it gets too hot so all the internal doors need opening to let it warm as much of the cottage as possible.

The electric went off in the night for three hours a few nights ago. It is really dark when the electric goes off. Have had a 6kva diesel alternator some years but its not convenient to run up in the night.
One has to be prepared living here in the country.
D.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A wet afternoon gardening, Mrs MC insisted we get all our pots re planted, muddy, wet, cold but the pots look good.

Finished yesterday's watercolour of some Conwy Valley waterfalls. A4 about 2 hours. Taken from some photos I took and some on internet in Autumn, combined with artistic license.

View attachment 44993
I'm going to start Autumn Vistas and big skies next @ianpspurs mention of good light inspired me.
A very beautiful autumn scene @Muddy Cyclist
I love it. It does remind me of a drive down the Conwy valley...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't you feel there is something daunting about the view when one looks across towards Bardsey, surrounded by flat seas knowing under the surface are menacing currents?
D.
Absolutely, for art I like the Llyn Peninsula but I most enjoy the Mountains, Valleys and rivers of Wales I know many hidden gems although they are slowly being discovered and it's becoming difficult to find total seclusion.

Reactions: UserABC2021

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 44993
Great autumn scene - trees closing down for winter, branches exposed, water continuing on it’s journey.