What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Worked well yet again. Those trees on the second are very detailed and the first feels free and flowing. the group of people have so much movement and life, achieved with a few strokes of the brush, superb.

Good news on SIL improvement.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. I didn’t know what to do about the first one until I turned it onto it’s side and decided that the splodges were peoples heads

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Great news today, @dunelm SIL home and @Alien Aspie getting back on the scales.

A straight 7.0 this morning.

Today here in Tilehurst Towers all is quiet, Mrs J has odd socks on again, while things are quiet I might just nip up stairs and " sort " a few more of her socks hehehehe.

A relaxing day is planned, as we all know plans can change, Mrs J is a master at changing me and me's plans.
Must go, socks to rearrange and pills to take.
Have as much fun as you can.

Reactions: mojo37

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone. Today seems to be Rumsfeld Friday. Choc-a-bloc with known unknowns both on the macro and micro level. @Alien Aspie is the fasting for bg control, weight loss or to prove a point? Water with a little Himalayan pink salt or bone broth are good on that journey. @dunelm good news on SIL's return home but the 3 am waking is not so good. Hopefully the early waking doesn't become regular. I had about a week of that recently and it makes the days soo long. @karen8967 spiffing fbg and did I miss today's inspirational Friday meme? @gennepher long may your art power you through the good and not so good times. @Muddy Cyclist sounds like a bittersweet day with your family but as your usual ending suggests, best not to try to hold on to special moments too tightly at the time. Will I ever eat caulimash with wholegrain mustard again? @Krystyna23040 what is a lady of usually impeccable taste doing in Aldi?:angelic: Is Waitrose 1 salmon with salad always going to be the absolute peak of LC food in my world ? Will our kitchen lounge really be painted and everything put back by close of play today? The macro? Can DJT really pull off another win? Can The Boy Wonder save Christmas for retailers and party donors? What is the record for the number of Tiers an area can go through in one day? When will the COVID deniers (and Len McCluskey) just ST*U? Pip PIp old toots.
Just for you ian
FB_IMG_1584048610937.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure how much of this story is behind the paywall but company training days over Christmas may become "a thing". There are a few art workshops, a woodworking business, an off road cycling company and a Pilates co ready to go. I'm setting up a hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way company. Has to be safer than trusting my grandchildren with guns. Spot the lyric time and boy has the Axeman cometh on that one:angelic:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A nasty but earned 8.8 this morning a 3 way carb evening meal last :bag:
Well you tested, know why it was 8.8 and have been honest. Makes me sure you will "get there" - now all we need to do is work out where there is.:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg...??? I took it this morning but forgot to record it...I am on the couch now and can't be bothered to go and find the meter...shall we say 6.2?

Painting for today
Did the background earlier today. Then sat down on couch and feet up with everything I needed for the afternoon. But forgot my paints, so looked in the pencil tin besides me and pulled out a chalk pen, a white gel pen, and a Pentel Japanese brush pen. Shall we call this mixed media on Chinese paper?

Here it is...

25445AB8-20AD-444D-B2BE-BC4AA9913141.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg...??? I took it this morning but forgot to record it...I am on the couch now and can't be bothered to go and find the meter...shall we say 6.2?

Painting for today
Did the background earlier today. Then sat down on couch and feet up with everything I needed for the afternoon. But forgot my paints, so looked in the pencil tin besides me and pulled out a chalk pen, a white gel pen, and a Pentel Japanese brush pen. Shall we call this mixed media on Chinese paper?

Here it is...

View attachment 45005
Smashing mixed media of dandelion seeds, lovely background, full of interest

Reactions: ianpspurs

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.6 today

a long day yesterday, out volunteering, then a bit of shopping for mum, she needed a couple of items not available in the local shop - millet for her cockatiel and mouse bait (yes field mice again :sorry:), then we picked up Katy from mum's to spend the night at our house so we could take her for her grooming appointment early this morning :angelic:

Our area has been moved down to tier 1 (until the cases go back up again presumably, so that's reassuring ...maybe or maybe not ;)).

We discovered that Katy has discovered a new way of getting our attention if we're not playing, I sat down at the computer to read and post yesterday evening and she plonked her toy on my lap and then tugged my sleeve gently with her teeth, makes it difficult to concentrate with a small poodle hanging on your every move :hilarious:

Anyway, Katy looks very swish with her new hair trim, not to mention lbs thinner :D

@dunelm - I think the binmen are using a van repurposed from a service that is shut down because of covid, so, not quite so wasteful as it could be.
I'm glad your SIL is improving so well :)
I haven't heard of trying acetone with ink, I'm gaining lots of new inspirations for art work techniques here :)
It seems to be an effective way of laying down a varied base to work into and has produced some interesting art, particularly like your trees as always :)

@Alien Aspie - hope your hunt for a new home goes well, you're making me nostalgic for the many happy times we spent in Wales when I was younger :)

@gennepher - lovely burst of colour, I like it :)

@lindisfel - glad you got to see family face to face, even though it was restricted.

I agree, we wouldn't want to be without our woodburner for the winter now, we can open all the house doors to keep things warmed if the power goes out. Sometimes we get bird strike power cuts even without the bad weather ones we get. We used to run a small fluorescent light from an inverter powered by a spare car battery, (which gave us enough light to read by), but now we use an LED desk lamp :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I do generally prefer to use the white of the paper with watercolour but, since I work quite small, the water sometimes gets away with the paint :hilarious: I must graduate to painting on bigger sheets of paper (finding the idea a bit daunting for some reason :sorry: )

I love your Conway valley waterfall painting, gorgeous colour, and I particularly appreciate the subtlety of the colour reflection through the water :joyful:

art bit -
still working on clouds

upload_2020-10-30_18-8-49.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher - my post must have crossed with yours :)

thank you for your kind comment,

I like your offering today very much, especially the colour and the fluid background :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
what is a lady of usually impeccable taste doing in Aldi?:angelic: Is Waitrose 1 salmon with salad always going to be the absolute peak of LC food in my world ?
Actually, we really do like the quality of the food in Aldi - it is surprisingly good. I am afraid I fell out with Waitrose when they stopped us drinking our free coffee in their cafe and haven't shopped their since. I used to get my shopping, then have my free coffee and then buy more coffee in the cafe while I relaxed and read the paper.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Painting for today

Here it is...

View attachment 45005
Superb with what was easily at hand. Very pleasing art.