1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Quack quack from here...

• Funny Funny x 10
  2. gennepher

I am not going into the kitchen 'cos that fridge will be talking to me again...

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gennepher

Yes! Will do....

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. gennepher

Magpies are back. Looking at me through my window.
    This is the new normal.
    Magpies viewing Welsh humans locked in their glass cages...

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.0 this morning.

Had a really lovely lunch out yesterday. A 21 day aged Beefburger covered in bacon and lots of cheese plus a green salad and coleslaw. We decided that it was so nice we must not leave it so long before we go there again, especially as it was really covid secure.

After 2 hours blood sugars were 4.5 - so definitely a good choice for me.
    @ianpspurs we are definitely staying away from the meat processing plant which is only 10 miles away from us.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

It is really good that you still have your hypo awareness in the 4s. It is not good if you lose your hypo awareness on insulin. I have a client who lost her hypo awareness and it took her a long time of running too high blood sugars to get it back.

When I came off insulin it took me just as long to lose my hypo awareness - which wasn't useful anymore. Now it doesn't kick in until I am 3.9 - thank goodness.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good late Morening all, struggling for time again here.

This morning a 5.4, hmmmm

Mrs J has written a task list and is watch me and me's like a hawk.
    It might have something to do with the fact that she asked me to sort out a pair of socks for her, she never said that they should match, Mrs J is now wearing odd socks.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

The odd socks is incredibly fashionable but I wouldn''t advise making that point to the sainted Mrs AJ

• Funny Funny x 9
  9. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Just looking to see if you were edible, gennepher! :)

• Funny Funny x 10
  10. ianpspurs

:woot::woot:

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

7.50am FBG 5.9
    Now more or less settled in motorhome on friends land. MrSlim has managed to setup work station,
    Cat, after the trauma of the journey has settled in and seems happy enough. Ofc he is getting more attention with us both being here all the time.
    Fridge has been sorted out and is now working due to the wonders of the internet.
    So we are both feeling a lot happier. Internet shopping still a distant dream, but our friend did shopping for us this morning so we are ok for a couple of days.
    Perhaps I will have time to read and respond to posts soon. Everything takes at least four times as long, waste water disposal not sorted yet. But we are warm and cosy if a bit cramped, so it's all ok.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  12. gennepher

I bark loudly...

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Hugs for the nunber alfs x

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I agree I have spent many a holiday painting on the Llyn Peninsula and the light is magical.

I'm envious of your upcoming move, like I said a lovely part of the world.

Any outdoor cycling is good providing you can Cycle and look around, some cyclists just have their heads down against the clock, I like to note what's around me.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Muddy Cyclist

True not arguing with that, those huge skies, fantastic.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Muddy Cyclist

A wet afternoon gardening, Mrs MC insisted we get all our pots re planted, muddy, wet, cold but the pots look good.

Finished yesterday's watercolour of some Conwy Valley waterfalls. A4 about 2 hours. Taken from some photos I took and some on internet in Autumn, combined with artistic license.

IMG_3992.JPG
    I'm going to start Autumn Vistas and big skies next @ianpspurs mention of good light inspired me.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. lindisfel

Don't you feel there is something daunting about the view when one looks across towards Bardsey, surrounded by flat seas knowing under the surface are menacing currents?
    D.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. lindisfel

Krystana I had the bizarre thought you made it sound like a kind of Norfolk, Sweeney Todds! :)

• Funny Funny x 8
  19. ianpspurs

The paternal side of Julie's family were and still are very much of the Llyn Peninsula - quite a contrast with the fens IMHO. The terroir shapes a person in deep ways. No1 son went to Bangor Uni partly based on family links to the area. I have obviously been there a few times and some days it din't rain.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    #34039 ianpspurs, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:05 PM
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  20. RFSMarch

RFSMarch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Weird.... so when I reported the duff sensor someone at Abbot sent a replacement and I thought that was that. Pharmacist gave me a blood kit at cost as a favour and he is a gem, so I thought I was all sorted for any more flatlining LOs.

Just had a phone call with Libre's next level support where I rightly apologised for forgetting that it is when a sensor FAILS they usually replace and thanking them for agreeing to replace it anyway, but... he apologised to ME for the rep being quite intransigent and handling the call badly, and is sending me a New Freestylyle Optium Neo blood kit and strips so that if it flatlines again I can use that to do the comparisons, AND.... a new sensor even though they have already put a new one out in the post! So I joked they are obviously trying to shift then old stock for when the fancy schmancy Libre 2 becomes more readily available! He did actually ask me if I was going to try it when it becomes available and said he would follow up and be happy for me to trial one and welcomed the feedback. I know when I had real issues with them as I was suffering from allergic reactions, I had mentioned I was a journalist (hence avoiding multiple finger pricking) so still obviously on my records!

Anyway - they had already sent out one on escalation so this obviously went up a further level and I wasn't expecting two to come at me, but with no regular shifts since March, I am not going to complain. At £50 a pop, to be reimbursed any at all after what was essentially my own forgetfulness over when to claim was decent enough.

Now... if the good luck fairies could *just* help me get back some regular shift work, I'd be grateful!

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook