What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A strange day. Fibromyalgia finally defeated by a Muddy Cycle ride, windy but the Aerobic exercise did the trick. Although it's never easy dragging myself out when every fibre of you body is saying don't do it.

Anyway here is my finished watercolour from a day ago, don't like the way it turned out sohad a second attempt which I like better, a scene I have regularly painted through the seasons....

The disliked effort.....
View attachment 45098
My favoured painting.....
View attachment 45099
Yes, your second picture is really good.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A strange day. Fibromyalgia finally defeated by a Muddy Cycle ride, windy but the Aerobic exercise did the trick. Although it's never easy dragging myself out when every fibre of you body is saying don't do it.

Anyway here is my finished watercolour from a day ago, don't like the way it turned out sohad a second attempt which I like better, a scene I have regularly painted through the seasons....

The disliked effort.....
View attachment 45098
View attachment 45099
I like both paintings @Muddy Cyclist
But I do prefer the second one with that moody sky. I have never been able to achieve that kind of moody sky in watercolours nor acrylics. The second painting has more of a balance about it. It is beautiful...

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As promised new sensor late in the evening by the time I faffed about to get it on so running a bit high as it hasn’t had its 24 hour soak
8.7 ... although strangely restless night - have a room so when it rains it is like being in a caravan!

Expect it to settle down today - and with fresh veggies bought in the bedlam of pre-lockdown Supermarket Sweep, thinking cauliflower cheese tonight as a winter warmer.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today.

Raining here but I think I will brave another Muddy Cycle ride to remove the pre lockdown blues, maybe I will also write a Blues Song to reflect the mood.

Mrs MC did our food shop yesterday at Tesco. She says not busy, very civilised well stocked. People behaving in our neck of the woods.

Enjoy today's journey wherever it leads you. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

My digital painting for today...
Used Procreate, then Snapseed to put my name on it.

5DF8DD60-C97F-4B9F-A2F3-C2D223C2CB04.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

The disliked effort.....
View attachment 45098
View attachment 45099

Very much like 2nd one.

Odd how, I could easily like the first one alone,

but when offered up I can see the big difference in the two.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Torrential rain at the moment. Dogs walked really early before the rain started. Relaxing with coffee and more coffee before off to the farm shop for milk and eggs. I can't believe how fast the weeks go past.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

The disliked effort.....
View attachment 45098
View attachment 45099
Two good autumnal pictures but yes, the second one is far more interesting. A great stormy sky, trees on the skyline and a well constructed foreground.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning with ketones rising to 2.2. Introducing some chicken to see if affects things.

Enjoy the day :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who wonder which way today will unfold.

A 5.1 on the meter of misbehaving and mystery today, time to get my sliderule out, wire it into my crystal ball and try to calculate how much insulin to inject. Give me quantum mechanics any day, much simpler.

Well fellow posters and painters, not only is bin day approaching fast, but also the deadline for sprout panic buying.
Being several bricks short of a load, I have ordered a new hosepipe for Mrs J to water her plants, my, how Mrs J will be pleased.
Have a good day, bark at the postman, smile at a stranger and tell the neighbours that you have put their houses on the market.
Me and me's must depart, we have an appointment with our old mates chaos and mayhem on social media.