What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet and pleasant morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of not a lot eaten yesterday came in at 5.7 this am

Had an on line consultation with my gp yesterday about my ankle - she took my temperature, blood pressure and pulse - I have the tools - then had a look at my ankle via my phone camera - seems like the bang on my ankle has brought on an episode of gout and cellulitis - oh joy of joys. Now I do get a bit of gout every now and then but it usually restricts itself to one toe - this time I get the bumper package and a free dose of cellulitis to try - something new!
Naproxen has been upgraded, codeine issued as well as something to protect digestive system and a dose of antibiotics - deep joy.
Good job we are being locked in from Thursday as I would be really miffed.
A couple of paintings, one for Remembrance. Have a wonderful pre bin day. Time for koffy.

upload_2020-11-3_8-24-24.jpeg

upload_2020-11-3_8-24-9.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a quiet and pleasant morning in the dark and dangerous north

Had an on line consultation with my gp yesterday about my ankle - she took my temperature, blood pressure and pulse - I have the tools - then had a look at my ankle via my phone camera - seems like the bang on my ankle has brought on an episode of gout and cellulitis - oh joy of joys. Now I do get a bit of gout every now and then but it usually restricts itself to one toe - this time I get the bumper package and a free dose of cellulitis to try - something new!
Naproxen has been upgraded, codeine issued as well as something to protect digestive system and a dose of antibiotics - deep joy.
A couple of paintings, one for Remembrance. Have a wonderful pre bin day. Time for koffy.

View attachment 45111

View attachment 45110
The first one is so beautiful with those colours @dunelm
The second one is a very good Remembrance Day painting....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 45111

View attachment 45110
Hug for being in the wars health wise, take care that's quite a cocktail of medicine.

Two very excellent pieces of art from you today, I like the colour pallet of the first and perspective and suggestion of those ghostly poppies, brilliant.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A day pregnant with possibilities on both the macro and micro stages. I'm basically Biden my time and hoping the darkness doesn't Trump the light. Weather here is almost evil, major work at the snagging stage, #SensorMcsensorface probably returns after 2 month lockdown, shopping delivery. #Dietgate unresolved - optimising bg control - whatever that means - kicks the broad spectrum of wellness/wellbeing issues out of kilter and definitely won't pay many visits to the land of pleasure. It is what it is - sorry SuBo that dream seems to have died, (lyrics here @gennepher) right now any dream will do (for that), eh Jason. The glorious future to come is not of this world. @dunelm intense sympathy for #anklegate - gout is bad enough but that combo must be a nightmare. @Alien Aspie great stats and something as bland as chicken sounds a nice way to break the fast. @Muddy Cyclist I seem to be, as usual?, the exception in liking the first piece best but both are beyond my wildest dreams for artistic talent. I have no idea what my gifts, if any, were but maybe some of us are just meant to be hewers of wood and drawers of pitchers like Claude Makele. Pip Pip old Toots.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you so much @RFSMarch I really enjoyed doing this one!
The most creative I can be is trying to find words to describe crushing British losses in tennis matches. Even my food is best described as.... rustic, in terms of presentation! At least that's what I tell myself they would describe it as, if I was ever on Masterchef (not that I ever will be!)

I shall remain in awe!

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. A day pregnant with possibilities on both the macro and micro stages. I'm basically Biden my time and hoping the darkness doesn't Trump the light. Weather here is almost evil, major work at the snagging stage, #SensorMcsensorface probably returns after 2 month lockdown, shopping delivery. #Dietgate unresolved - optimising bg control - whatever that means - kicks the broad spectrum of wellness/wellbeing issues out of kilter and definitely won't pay many visits to the land of pleasure. It is what it is - sorry SuBo that dream seems to have died, (lyrics here @gennepher) right now any dream will do (for that), eh Jason. The glorious future to come is not of this world. @dunelm intense sympathy for #anklegate - gout is bad enough but that combo must be a nightmare. @Alien Aspie great stats and something as bland as chicken sounds a nice way to break the fast. @Muddy Cyclist I seem to be, as usual?, the exception in liking the first piece best but both are beyond my wildest dreams for artistic talent. I have no idea what my gifts, if any were, but maybe some of us are just water carries like Claude Makele. Pip Pip old Toots.

Are you planning to stay up for the whole shebang?

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert

View attachment 45111

View attachment 45110
I think the GP may prescribe a PPI to protect your stomach. You just take them 1hr before your first meal in am.
atb
Derek
Ps Now I read what you said properly I see the GP gave you something to help your stomach!
D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you planning to stay up for the whole shebang?
Nope. My guess is The Sulky one will try to drag this through the courts. Can't this go to mid Dec?. I just pray there is no violence.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who wonder which way today will unfold.

A 5.1 on the meter of misbehaving and mystery today, time to get my sliderule out, wire it into my crystal ball and try to calculate how much insulin to inject. Give me quantum mechanics any day, much simpler.

Well fellow posters and painters, not only is bin day approaching fast, but also the deadline for sprout panic buying.
Being several bricks short of a load, I have ordered a new hosepipe for Mrs J to water her plants, my, how Mrs J will be pleased.
Have a good day, bark at the postman, smile at a stranger and tell the neighbours that you have put their houses on the market.
Me and me's must depart, we have an appointment with our old mates chaos and mayhem on social media.
hugs for the bg number alf x

Reactions: alf_Josiah

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 45111

View attachment 45110
hug for the leg dunelm x

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Getting a little forgetful recently as I totally forgot about my meds till about 9 PM yesterday so ended up with an fbg this AM of 6.6 that's what you get for taking preds so late in the day. never mind all things pass.

Congrats to all the artists I liked all the presentations today so far.

Keiran was playing tennis at the tennis courts at Lincoln University with a friend yesterday when they noticed they had an audience a fox was sat watching them play for quite awhile head moving side to side following the motion of the ball. Keiran happened to knock the ball out of court, then the fox seeing it's opportunity stole the tennis ball and ran off with it.

So fox stopped play.

He has a video of it I say put it on U tube may go viral.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.00am FBG 6.1
@Muddy Cyclist we are in the midlands too. Again woken by pouring rain very early in the morning. Covered the bed and back to sleep. Later woke to sunshine.
We have decided not to move the van, the fridge has finally started working properly so best not to move again. Therefore,
MrSlim has decided today is the day to replace the skylight.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nope. My guess is The Sulky one will try to drag this through the courts. Can't this go to mid Dec?. I just pray there is no violence.
That is my worry too... the fact that shops are being boarded up does not look good....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
That is my worry too... the fact that shops are being boarded up does not look good....
It is very concerning and worrying for any of us with family and friends over there who may get caught up in it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good but windy Autumn Muddy Cycle ride, 2 hours and some inspiration for more painting of the heathland. Noticed the Larch are now in their orange coat and the Beech are still holding onto some leaves. A ride that lifted my spirit in these strange times....

IMG_4024.JPG

Sorry about photo quality my old Blackberry phone is on its last legs, held together with Gaffa Tape. :)