What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all - banging tension headache on Sunday after golfing in torrential rain on Saturday and wide awake at 4am so ... new sensor going on after working out.

Impatiently waiting for signs of lodger waking up so I can do my physio rehab stretches before hitting the treadmill. If he doesn’t get up soon will just get up and do it at 7:30 because it will be 8am by the time I do the treadmill and I feel that is a reasonable time to be clattering around on it in my own home office if he is chucking a sicky!

Went grocery shopping for my usual fortnightly shop. Bedlam. It was like Supermarket Sweep except for the fresh fruit and veg so ... I was all sorted!

huzzah just heard Lodger open his door - off we go - hopefully back to Libre scans tomorrow.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Been up since 3.05 am
Seems to be the new normal...
So, did a digital painting again...
In Procreate and Snapseed for name and frame

It is whatever you want it to be, but it was the avenue of trees, that changed into yesterday's digital painting. Only today, I took the avenue of trees in the direction I had wanted to take it yesterday, but for some reason my brain didn't want to go there yesterday...

C053E2AE-DAB0-461F-B0FF-6F017D88DCE9.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A jolly 4.9 and ketones at 2.1 which means I shall continue in this vein ;)

Technically I probably shifted to intermittent fasting yesterday afternoon as I had a dollop of cream in my coffee which probably breaks the fasting rule. There's probably an etiquette that I don't know about ;)
Cream is good...I approve @Alien Aspie
:angelic:

Reactions: RFSMarch

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, although UK weather appears not to be overly festive today. @JohnEGreen hug and winner for the All Souls service and memories plus Judith's wonderfully observed sketches. @RFSMarch glad the lodger stirred in a timely manner, hug for the headache and kudos for the regime in the face of all manner of obstacles. @Alien Aspie those numbers look fantastic. Trawling around info on fasting, cream seems to be allowed. Anyhow, you were just testing your eyesight by reading the nutritional info in case you needed to be driving Miss Daisy, when some fell in whatever it fell in. @karen8967 you seem to be on a nice little run of friendly fbgs, long may they continue. @gennepher unless you want the early waking, hug for that but it seems to be the time your muse cometh. @dunelm I hope the well known NSAID is unhopping you so that parrot can come off the shoulder. My, exactly two month today, sabbatical from armymcarmfacewheel is probably ending tomorrow night. Both red meat and red wine yesterday for a triple celebration of All Saints day yesterday, All Souls day today and last Tuesday's wedding anniversary. Interesting data from fitbit etc following that so perhaps red wine/red meat didn't cause the rise in resting pulse rate that spooked me somewhat back in the day. Lovely flat line for oxygen variation through the night so red wine may make a comeback. Toodle Pip.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @ianpspurs
Around 3 am to 7 am seems to be my brightest time of day, mentally and creatively.
Just sometimes I would like to sleep through the night until daylight, but I think I will have to wait until next spring/summer for the shorter nights, to be able to sleep from dusk to dawn , so a few more months to wait...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Had a good day yesterday. Had so many emails requesting info on how to use zoom I decided to compile a guide and send it to everyone. This worked because the requests for information have stopped.

Classes on Zoom are going to be interesting with so many first time zoom users.

Thank goodness that Boris was forced to make his announcement 2 days early because it has given me the chance to organise moving classes to Zoom. It would have been a nightmare otherwise because I am teaching non-stop until Thursday so would have had no time to plan anything.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. Had a good day yesterday. Had so many emails requesting info on how to use zoom I decided to compile a guide and send it to everyone. This worked because the requests for information have stopped.

Classes on Zoom are going to be interesting with so many first time zoom users.

Thank goodness that Boris was forced to make his announcement 2 days early because it has given me the chance to organise moving classes to Zoom. It would have been a nightmare otherwise because I am teaching non-stop until Thursday so would have had no time to plan anything.
You are doing brilliantly on this @Krystyna23040
Hugs for doing so well with it x

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are celebrating the fact that we don't have a hosepipe ban at the moment.

6.7 this morning on the meter of mystery and naughtiness.

I have shown all today's artwork to Mrs J and complements to all.
Later this morning me and me's will be unsupervised, hmmmm I must not waste this opportunity.
Hugs where required and remember it's not a day to sit and mope around.
Now I'm going back to bed, till Mrs J departs, reason, to avoid being set tasks.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
02.11 2020
6 45am FBG 6.4.
Woken by torrential rain making thunderous noise and then dripping on the bed. Found the cover kept for the occasion was not in it's alloted space, so took longer than I liked to locate and cover. MrSlim has a new roof light ready to fit but needs at least two dry days.
Son has been sent home from work, couple of days ago, to self isolate for nine days because of contact with positive case of covid. Why nine days? Thought it was a week? If nine days is enough with definite contact surely same would work for quarantine? The rules still don't make sense.
Finally managed to get internet shopping set up for click and collect, our friend will pick it up. Was seriously considering phoning supermarket care line as no delivery slots available for the whole of next week. Did a bit of hand washing. You see how exciting my life is now? and managed to get it dried as well. Had better set up another shop ASAP because everyone in the world wants it now.
Keep well and safe all of you as you go about your day doing what you have to do.
One more week before we are out of quarantine, by then we will be in lockdown. So almost as restricted still.
@Muddy Cyclist Hope you feel well again soon.

lindisfel

Expert
Torrential showers today in Cumbria after a day of rain yesterday, fields water-logged and pools in dips in the country roads.
It's wet even for Cumbria....it can only get better..The wind has been blowing like a banshee but now its calmish.
Just had to ring the electricity supply people, we have a large Ash tree whose branches are making contact with the power line to the house.

Trouble is, I am not cut out for estate living where people throw a wobbly over a few leaves in the street. :)
D.

lindisfel

Expert
A jolly 4.9 and ketones at 2.1 which means I shall continue in this vein ;)

Technically I probably shifted to intermittent fasting yesterday afternoon as I had a dollop of cream in my coffee which probably breaks the fasting rule. There's probably an etiquette that I don't know about ;)
It's ok by me if you don't throw the cream at me!:)
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Been up since 3.05 am
Seems to be the new normal...
So, did a digital painting again...
In Procreate and Snapseed for name and frame

It is whatever you want it to be, but it was the avenue of trees, that changed into yesterday's digital painting. Only today, I took the avenue of trees in the direction I had wanted to take it yesterday, but for some reason my brain didn't want to go there yesterday...

View attachment 45075
Magical art from youtiday, I like that strong light. Hugas for lack of sleep.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A strange day. Fibromyalgia finally defeated by a Muddy Cycle ride, windy but the Aerobic exercise did the trick. Although it's never easy dragging myself out when every fibre of you body is saying don't do it.

Anyway here is my finished watercolour from a day ago, don't like the way it turned out sohad a second attempt which I like better, a scene I have regularly painted through the seasons....

The disliked effort.....
IMG_4016.JPG

My favoured painting.....
IMG_1194.JPG