What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC Here are the links to some stately homes near where I live with pictures and their history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxburgh_Hall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blickling_Hall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felbrigg_Hall
They all belong to the National Trust now and it is lovely walking around their gardens and parkland with the dogs.

We are off to the vet tomorrow afternoon. His paw is definitely still not right. We took the bandage off and put a sock on as directed and he demolished the sock so now he has all the bandages back on . When Poppy went for her walk he sat by the door and cried as he so loves his walks. Even a pigs ear didn't placate him.

Thank you very much for the links.

Hugs to Archie. I hope the vet visit will go well.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - I like your minmal palette snowscape very much, it's really effective use of white space :) good on you for having a go at doing your own Christmas cards.

art bit -

View attachment 45623

Thank you @geefull
I have always painted my own Xmas cards....since 1970's...

I love this painting. That sky is just what I used to see as I was driving back home from England into Wales, and I knew it was raining over my bungalow....
It is a brilliant sky.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Krystyna23040 Thank you again for those links. I have just been looking at the photos of those houses and they really look like the descriptions of some of those fictitious houses as they appeared to first-time visitors in the novels. They are far more fascinating than what my mind's eye was able to picture!

lindisfel

Expert
The weeks of 2020 are racing by at an amazing pace and we are back at monday again. Have a good week everyone, it is a reasonably good day in prospect.

Here is one I painted some time ago. It was intended to be in early morning light so I shall have to change the sky sometime.
IMG_20201122_150556318_compress50.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Not much sleep last night...
Why?
My next door neighbour (the horrible one, who totally ignored lockdown restrictions...) had his Xmas lights installed yesterday. It was a noisy Sunday with barbecue and extended family around. I took my processor off yesterday to get peace and quiet.
However, when dusk fell, Blackpool Illuminations began. It permeates every corner of my bungalow. This year is an incredibly colourful display. I go in my bathroom and there is an alternately flashing red and yellow lights, and my brain immediately thought 'fire'. My stomach felt sick and then I realised it was his new flashing lights align the bungalow gutters. In my bedroom I see other flashing lights and displays. In my kitchen I can see all manner of light fantastic displays, and displays with moving floodlights. In my living room window the same. I have curtains in the front window, but it still creeps through the tops of the curtains and displays on my ceiling...

I have no curtains in the bathroom (it is not possible to put any in there). I did try one year to try and block the outside of the bathroom windows, but I don't have the dexterity or mobility to do that daily.

My bedroom curtains I do not close now, because I don't have the dexterity to close them. That is fine for 10 months of the year because I can then watch the night sky every night, and I love watching the stars.

I have tried closing them with a stick, but it is not easy, hurts my hands and arms badly. And in any case the intrusive Xmas display from next door comes through them. I cannot put a thicker black out curtain up, even if I were able to, because the door glass window is not wide, and a thicker curtain barely draws back to allow daylight through in day time. Last year I tried each night, to go out side, the door opens into the garden, and put something over the door and close it. But oftentimes it is rainy and windy and I got soaked and cold and aaaggghhhh.

Have a I had a word with him. Yes I did. But he told me in his usual unfriendly manner to h3££ off. Even though I tried to explain it exacerbates my visual migraines etc.

Last night, I tried my blackout eye mask to try and sleep. But I couldn't sleep with it on. Then I tried a scarf round my eyes and head, but I felt like an unknown soldier facing a firing squad, and my dreams took a sinister turn. Finally I got out of bed just before midnight. I was wide awake. Then on the dot of midnight the Blackpool lights went out...

But it was too late, I was wide awake...

I have been tidying up all my computer stuff, leads, equipment, updated stuff, got rid of unused apps, etc etc etc etc....
I now have a tidy cupboard...

Whoops, I have alerts from the neighbourhood group for this area on all kinds of stuff...one has just come on the top of my screen (while I am writing this) saying this guy has just come back just now from walking the dog and a strange man was urinating outside their house and his wife was horrified at the window...don't know the rest of this, I need to log into the app...

Beautiful neighbourhood this, isn't it...

Right back to to the idiot next door. He has to have the biggest and best Xmas display of lights and moving light decorations each year. He always sets out to outdo every other bungalow display in this cul-de-sac. And he annoys others with the amount of lights and display, and with the length of time he has the lights on at night.

Nothing I can do about these UFO lights flashing all through the next two months. I have tried before. I have tried officially.

Someone on here mentioned that the weather was supposed to be nice and sunny this week. That means I can carry on cutting down the garden and branches off trees...

I checked the weather app. It promises sunshine from dawn to dusk today. Now let me see, I do believe the sun rises at 7:52 am.

Mmmm...thinking. Well, my horrible neighbour had workmen for his driveway and garden, and the roof being replaced for weeks and weeks and weeks last year, it was never ending, and they were working from 7am many days....and I had to move my car from my driveway daily into the road because of all the dust, cement, soil and debris that came over my car. So I had to be up very early each day to move it.

Okay, I am getting dressed now. My painting will have to wait until I need a rest. The wood shredder is coming out of the garage. I have plenty of cut branches already in a huge pile. I was going to somehow get them to the tip, but one of those alerts from the online neighbourhood group for this area said that because the road to the tip is very short from the main road, and they are social distancing the cars as well, and consequently you cannot queue on the main road, and the workmen there make you move on, so you are driving round and round trying to get into the tip. That is not doable for me. So, wood shredder it is....

I do have a circuit breaker for it....

Have fun this beautiful sunny day...the sky is lightening...a few pinky streaks...
:angelic:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning
6.1 ➡️
Having a well deserved lie-in.
Getting up at 8 regardless of whether lodger has gone to work or not. Treadmill later, then watching my commentary test set and making notes and testing how to record and mute the mic in order to do the test in peace and quiet later this week to send in this DIY test as I can’t do a test or workshop in the actual studios.
Then just finances, filing and some admin. That feels as close to a day off after a tournament as I can manage!

Plenty of stuff to catch up with watching so looking forward to a nice relaxed day and then back at it trying to get my sports site to be a bit more self-sufficient.

Reactions: karen8967

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Not much sleep last night...
Why?
My next door neighbour (the horrible one, who totally ignored lockdown restrictions...) had his Xmas lights installed yesterday. It was a noisy Sunday with barbecue and extended family around. I took my processor off yesterday to get peace and quiet.
However, when dusk fell, Blackpool Illuminations began. It permeates every corner of my bungalow. This year is an incredibly colourful display. I go in my bathroom and there is an alternately flashing red and yellow lights, and my brain immediately thought 'fire'. My stomach felt sick and then I realised it was his new flashing lights align the bungalow gutters. In my bedroom I see other flashing lights and displays. In my kitchen I can see all manner of light fantastic displays, and displays with moving floodlights. In my living room window the same. I have curtains in the front window, but it still creeps through the tops of the curtains and displays on my ceiling...

I have no curtains in the bathroom (it is not possible to put any in there). I did try one year to try and block the outside of the bathroom windows, but I don't have the dexterity or mobility to do that daily.

My bedroom curtains I do not close now, because I don't have the dexterity to close them. That is fine for 10 months of the year because I can then watch the night sky every night, and I love watching the stars.

I have tried closing them with a stick, but it is not easy, hurts my hands and arms badly. And in any case the intrusive Xmas display from next door comes through them. I cannot put a thicker black out curtain up, even if I were able to, because the door glass window is not wide, and a thicker curtain barely draws back to allow daylight through in day time. Last year I tried each night, to go out side, the door opens into the garden, and put something over the door and close it. But oftentimes it is rainy and windy and I got soaked and cold and aaaggghhhh.

Have a I had a word with him. Yes I did. But he told me in his usual unfriendly manner to h3££ off. Even though I tried to explain it exacerbates my visual migraines etc.

Last night, I tried my blackout eye mask to try and sleep. But I couldn't sleep with it on. Then I tried a scarf round my eyes and head, but I felt like an unknown soldier facing a firing squad, and my dreams took a sinister turn. Finally I got out of bed just before midnight. I was wide awake. Then on the dot of midnight the Blackpool lights went out...

But it was too late, I was wide awake...

I have been tidying up all my computer stuff, leads, equipment, updated stuff, got rid of unused apps, etc etc etc etc....
I now have a tidy cupboard...

Whoops, I have alerts from the neighbourhood group for this area on all kinds of stuff...one has just come on the top of my screen (while I am writing this) saying this guy has just come back just now from walking the dog and a strange man was urinating outside their house and his wife was horrified at the window...don't know the rest of this, I need to log into the app...

Beautiful neighbourhood this, isn't it...

Right back to to the idiot next door. He has to have the biggest and best Xmas display of lights and moving light decorations each year. He always sets out to outdo every other bungalow display in this cul-de-sac. And he annoys others with the amount of lights and display, and with the length of time he has the lights on at night.

Nothing I can do about these UFO lights flashing all through the next two months. I have tried before. I have tried officially.

Someone on here mentioned that the weather was supposed to be nice and sunny this week. That means I can carry on cutting down the garden and branches off trees...

I checked the weather app. It promises sunshine from dawn to dusk today. Now let me see, I do believe the sun rises at 7:52 am.

Mmmm...thinking. Well, my horrible neighbour had workmen for his driveway and garden, and the roof being replaced for weeks and weeks and weeks last year, it was never ending, and they were working from 7am many days....and I had to move my car from my driveway daily into the road because of all the dust, cement, soil and debris that came over my car. So I had to be up very early each day to move it.

Okay, I am getting dressed now. My painting will have to wait until I need a rest. The wood shredder is coming out of the garage. I have plenty of cut branches already in a huge pile. I was going to somehow get them to the tip, but one of those alerts from the online neighbourhood group for this area said that because the road to the tip is very short from the main road, and they are social distancing the cars as well, and consequently you cannot queue on the main road, and the workmen there make you move on, so you are driving round and round trying to get into the tip. That is not doable for me. So, wood shredder it is....

I do have a circuit breaker for it....

Have fun this beautiful sunny day...the sky is lightening...a few pinky streaks...
:angelic:

oh this man sounds truly awful! Poor you. If only you could persuade the urinating man mentioned in the Neighbourhood app to relieve himself on the fuses of this guy’s outdoor monstrosity.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting start to the day reading what has been posted since I last dropped in. Hug for the idiot neighbour @gennepher and as @RFSMarch says perhaps the malfeasant pee monster could put his urgent problems to good use. My fbg was 4.1on Libre. I can read the screen but not the runes. Had a dinky Glenmorangie last evening, while watching NFL (IDK where the Bourbon is hiding atm). It was a Christmas present 6 or 7 years ago and is occupying space. All very amiable but would Sir Cliff approve? Earlier I had ingested two burgers in skinnybread with reduced s and s Tommy K. This morning's fbg, resting pulse and weight all nicely where I want. Not quite what I expected. Makes me wonder if I could slowly and carefully return to the Great Satan's of meat and alkroll. Off to Newmarket later - stately glide along the A14 - for the first visit to an optician in my life. Eyes good enough to see some of the magnificent horses being exercised and Spurs win on Saturday. May you all fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 Thank you again for those links. I have just been looking at the photos of those houses and they really look like the descriptions of some of those fictitious houses as they appeared to first-time visitors in the novels. They are far more fascinating than what my mind's eye was able to picture!
So pleased you liked the pictures of the houses. You are right - they are exactly like the descriptions of fictitious houses.

We are so lucky that they were saved by the National Trust which most importantly gives us access to their extensive parkands.

I find that walking around the parkland and woodland surrounding the houses really lowers my stress levels.

lindisfel

Expert
oh this man sounds truly awful! Poor you. If only you could persuade the urinating man mentioned in the Neighbourhood app to relieve himself on the fuses of this guy’s outdoor monstrosity.
No he shouldn't do it!
I remember the story from when I was a young electrician,
A man relieving himself at the back of a rusty tin shed at a gravel pit hadn't noticed a phase of an overhead supply was rubbing on the top of the roof in a strong wind. He was a good conductor when the phase made contact and I think it caused his eyeballs to rotate. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much for the links.

Hugs to Archie. I hope the vet visit will go well.
We are also hoping the vet visit goes well. We re-bandaged his foot yesterday and he immediately started ripping it off. I think we did it too tightly and it was uncomfortable. Put manuka honey in foot and re-bandaged it a little looser and he hasn't touched it. Not sure if the vet will approve of the manuka honey.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning.

have decided to ask class members if they want to stay on Zoom instead of going back to the venues before Christmas. I just hope that there isn't a 50% - 50% split which will make it so difficult to decide what to do.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Jack Frost paid a visit and sprayed the area a speckled white. -1C apparently and as I have to remove the final clumps of ferns I think I'll wait until midday.

6.1 this morning and all's well in the land of make-believe :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today, maybe lower number is due to Jack Frosts visit, just as likely as the food I ate last night.

A cold and slippy Muddy Cycle ride for me today, I will keep out of the shadows.

@gennepher nowt worse than flashing Christmas lights to disturb your night, difficult few months ahead for you, hugs.

@lindisfel a fine painting of that bird. I see many on my rides over Cannock Chase they alway appear so confident and calm which you have caught in your art.

Use you time thoughtfully. Keep safe.