What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.4 via swipeywipeydo - ok if it is "real" level otherwise :bigtears::bigtears: Just how much should I allow for deflation so I can relax some?

Ian +/= 15% is the accepted figure I believe but how much latitude that gives you and if that tolerance applies to the Libra only the lord alone knows because I certainly don't, sorry if that's not much help but we are surrounded by uncertainties.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

A bit late posting today as I had an early morning at work (at a late night preparing for it).

Fasting blood glucose was 5.0.

@Ryhia -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your blood tests.
Thank you @ziggy_w. Me too, I've got fingers and toes crossed.

FBG this morning 5.9.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, i was only diagnosed last week with Type 2, im struggling with the whole thing!!! i test my bloods first thing in the morning and its always around 10.5-11.1. how can i reduce this? not sure what i should be doing first thing in the mornings/

There is lots of good advice and experience on this forum. Any questions that you have feel free to ask however silly you may think they are.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.6 this morning, its cholesterol blood test day so I was expecting bloods to be really high as I am full of stress. Didn't feel as if I slept at all last night and was counting down the hours until I could get up. Used my own tester this morning and it's not going to be good news on the results side if that's anything to go by, but it is what it is I'm not going to be paranoid.

Cholesterol control is all about what you eat fat wise. That said a bit of help with simvastatin/atorvastatin/rosuvastatin and increased exercise will soon bring it under control.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today... looks like my body is following a pattern... FBG after the fasting day falls in 4s and FBG following the non-fasting falls in 6s...

I did experiment a bit yesterday with diet - had a little more of greek yogurt and berries, did not have any eggs and had relatively little fat. End result was I felt hungrier than usual for a non-fasting day and I had a weight gain of 1.6 Kg as compared to a weight gain of roughly 0.6 to 0.8 KG on other non-fasting days so far. Goes to show that with this diet ensuring intake of good fat is very important - keeps the hunger pangs away and results in less weight gain.

Egg in diet is I think an absolute must atleast for me, as 2 eggs with eggless almond bread at 9 in morning along with one avocado keeps me full all the way till 15.00 and sometimes even beyond whereas yesterday I found myself lurking in kitchen around 13.00.

Today being a fasting day is easy peasy as my wife or I do not have to think what needs to be cooked for the diabetic in the house. :D

I also think it is worth sharing a side benefit of ADF - You see my dog is (quite) a bit overweight :( and its mainly down to yours truly never being strict with him but this ongoing diet and a recent visit to vet has caused me to be more strict with him. He is now also on controlled diet and as I am conscious about what I put in my body, I am also careful about what my fur baby eats and as I am not eating on fasting days no scraps whatsoever are heading in his direction. So hopefully he will see some good weight loss in coming days. :)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 hmmm not funny. @DJC3 great recovery. I’ve heard some say that just looking at cake puts weight on so maybe that also applies to BG.

I think you may have something there!
Hugs for the higher than hoped for fbg today though.

Reactions: Ymdawd