What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today
ZenBrush2
A hedgehog
19174868-4254-4938-9958-6C8C2114BE66.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on still dark and fabulously quiet morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of bacon, eggs and tomato on a slice of FibreFlour bread came in at 4.8 this am

Bit of a let down yesterday - not as bad as finding out that mid match tea and sandwiches will not be available at cricket matches now but still, huge walking group descended on the park like a flock of kittiwakes mobbing the ducks for meagre morsels of bread thrown by the children. Interesting take on social distancing - turned round and walked the other way. Bah! Humbug.
Some interesting articles on the prospecive protection against Covid-19 that the current flu vaccine may afford - you can search for it if you like.

@gennepher - Flashergate construction team seem to be working hard, must be down to your good project management. Smashing hedgehog - don’t let Popeye see it.
@Muddy Cyclist - fab sketch - really caught the essence of that tree sat in the fence line against the mood of the light.
@geefull - thank you as ever for your positive comments. Rainbow warrior - tricky work following where the light goes I expect. Smashing hills, your art is always well done.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Saturday. Early koffy now.
upload_2020-11-28_6-17-5.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 ➡️
Surprised by that because after getting the commentary audio down (the less we say about trying to convert the whole shebang to an MP4 the better) I decided to have a Chinese takeaway and a beer because I felt I deserved it after the week.

Oh and I finally got hold of Kingston Hospital to book a blood test. I could have driven to Roehampton to a walk-in (and free parking!) at Queen Mary’s hozzie but I am not sure the blood-letting ritual of wobbly wobbly legs after would have been conducive to driving back afterwards.

So blood letting now booked for next Friday... at the moment ‘Swipey’, if I may be so bold as to nick @ianpspurs name for it, has me at 5.4% or 36 mmol/mol but I did have some sporadic sensor wearage over the last couple of months so... place you bets. If I can come in at below 59 at the start of my burnout and the last figures I have in my sig I’ll be quite happy.

I have the figures of doom from deep in flameout-central so I will put them both together and hopefully some improvement,
Otherwise... I might go sit in a corner of @gennepher’s bathroom with a dunce’s cap on my head, nodding in time to the flashing lights.

I deserve a day off and will be now binge watching The Crown.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is in no way another Tequila Sunrise here but I do love me The Eagles. 5.2 à la Swipey today (you're welcome @RFSMarch) - high, wide and distinctly not handsome. Stick or twist time for the more expansive diet but the end of a Libre isn't the most useful data gathering period. Sports lens on today. Young Steady Eddie says his midfield don't play in dinner jackets. Mr J Mourinho is not known for expansive Spursy footy and Mr Ian P was fond of telling those he coached you don't score many runs back in the Shed. Lovely as all this meat-an-tings am this is a numbers game. Marginal gains, the law of small numbers and all that. The five data points each morning are what this is all about for me. I certainly wouldn't eat this way for pleasure. T2 and the other little rugger are Senior League games not Sunday Social knock about. None of this happens in vitro as The Fungster would have us believe. All about the intervening variables - missing from his world. Best wishes for blood draw @RFSMarch . Great news on Archie @Krystyna23040 and positive progress with anti light pollution measures @gennepher. No cricket teas eh @dunelm? Julie's were legendary, especially the trifle. I can't help feeling Revelation 18 could be a news update just now. Toodle Pip

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7
It was 3 am

Anyway, I was so tired last night I didn't fully take in how successful just the stuff I did inside the bathroom window was.

I was finally able to have a shower (with the bathroom light on), and not feel as though Scotty were beaming me up to a strange alien land. I was able to stand in front of the sink which was right by the window, without the most unpleasant experience with the flashing lights in the frosted crystallised windows in front of me.

It dawned on me how successful I had been. So this means there won't be an episode from The Shining in the near future.

Here is a photo. And all it was to achieve this was some creamy white shower curtain with a delicate leaf pattern, which I like. But it was three-quarters of an inch from the actual glass itself, so I am assuming that helps more towards diffusion of the flashing lights.
A57129A0-9C40-4514-9553-92E91F0534B6.jpeg

And in itself doesn't darken the light in the bathroom very much, and would help in summer months with the bright sun. So, that stays up permanently now.

In the kitchen, I posted the pic earlier, the flashing light coming through the frosted glass was bad. And even with the light on, it was still bad enough to be visual migraine inducing. So that will be getting the same treatment later today.

Now my project is the outside Santa grotto. So many logistics to overcome. I have always boasted I could do a Heath Robinson...now I am beginning to doubt myself. I was up earlier using the bits I had bought and the rubber duckys. And I went back to bed asking for enlightenment on how to do it. My dreams gave me some interesting ideas...but none I have the bits and pieces for...

I was expecting to be out there and starting work now. But it is a dark dull grey day, although thankfully, it is not raining.

So, I shall do today's painting now...post that...and maybe the light will get better outside...

Have a good day.
Be inventive with what you have...
Take care and look after yourselves...
And above all, make mischief...
:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - a bit of an up and down day for you so I'm glad it's progressing in a positive direction. the finished result looks both effective and charming, the leaf background works :)

Interesting painting, I like the textures especially the scintillating 'bokeh' :)

art bit -

Every now and again I'm tempted to try a rainbow and I need the practice :hilarious:, this one was just a little bar under a cloud

View attachment 45763
Thank you very much @geefull for the positivity.
And the painting compliment :)

This painting is beautiful, especially with that hint of a rainbow.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Long day, busy cleaning windows and more rubbish found at MILs bungalow so no time for art. However on the way home I was blessed with an amazing sunset and I saw this loan tree against the fading light so a quick A4 sketch with ink pen and watercolour wash, 4 minutes so a lot of scribble really, will try harder Saturday..
View attachment 45762
This is stunning @Muddy Cyclist
You call it a quick scribble sketch, and say you must try harder Saturday. I disagree, this little quick sketch is absolutely perfect.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - Flashergate construction team seem to be working hard, must be down to your good project management. Smashing hedgehog - don’t let Popeye see it.

View attachment 45774

Thank you @dunelm
The construction team would like a weekend in bed, but that is not happening...

I love this painting with the hint of the green for the willows. It emotionally uplifts me.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on still dark and fabulously quiet morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of bacon, eggs and tomato on a slice of FibreFlour bread came in at 4.8 this am

Bit of a let down yesterday - not as bad as finding out that mid match tea and sandwiches will not be available at cricket matches now but still, huge walking group descended on the park like a flock of kittiwakes mobbing the ducks for meagre morsels of bread thrown by the children. Interesting take on social distancing - turned round and walked the other way. Bah! Humbug.
Some interesting articles on the prospecive protection against Covid-19 that the current flu vaccine may afford - you can search for it if you like.

@Muddy Cyclist - fab sketch - really caught the essence of that tree sat in the fence line against the mood of the light.
@geefull - thank you as ever for your positive comments. Rainbow warrior - tricky work following where the light goes I expect. Smashing hills, your art is always well done.

View attachment 45774
Thank you for Tree comments.

Hugs for walk in the park experience. We have the same problem in our local wildlife centre, Ducks and Geese have no idea about social distancing. :)

Nice peaceful scene from you today, maybe the answer to social distancing, we can all take up fishing. However there is still them Ducks to contend with.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 for me today, I'm going to have to feed Dracula better I need to be in the 5s for my peace of mind. Stays in 5s and 4s most of the day but not after fasting.

I was going a Muddy Bike ride but its uninspiring weather outside so a day painting. I have sons dog painting to finish and for my Daughter and Son in law have asked me to paint their favourite UK mountains, both enjoy Mountain walking. For youngest grandaughter I am illustrating and writing a story, first two lines go 'It was Bumblebee time by the Dandelion Clock, No seed had been turned in the Teasel Lock' a long way to go yet and Christmas looms.

Let your day take you where it will. Keep safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. The steroids have worked wonders on Archie's foot. We took his cone off this morning and he completely ignored his foot. Drove him to the Rec and he had his first walk for a week. He was so happy. So much more comfortable without the cone. @Muddycyclist Archie was doing exactly the same as Moet - blundering into everything, especially our shins.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning. The steroids have worked wonders on Archie's foot. We took his cone off this morning and he completely ignored his foot. Drove him to the Rec and he had his first walk for a week. He was so happy. So much more comfortable without the cone. @Muddycyclist Archie was doing exactly the same as Moet - blundering into everything, especially our shins.

Wonderful news..:happy:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news.