EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
This seems to be happening to me more and more, and particularly if I copy and paste some test from somewhere else.

Either when I attempt to post or even half way through my posting...

WIN10 one year old computer, internet explorer browser

I get a screen come up with

The following error occurred

Please complete a security check to access www.diabetes.co.uk

Please stand by while we are checking your browser

..... (it hangs)

with a why do I have to complete a captcha to suggest it's trying to perform one

There's some more info but as I cannot resize the screen (it's hanging) I can't view it.

I guess I should just use a different browser???

This is particularly infuriating when I've just written a long post - and cutting and pasting it seems to trigger the error again.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This seems to be happening to me more and more, and particularly if I copy and paste some test from somewhere else.

Either when I attempt to post or even half way through my posting...

WIN10 one year old computer, internet explorer browser

I get a screen come up with

The following error occurred

Please complete a security check to access www.diabetes.co.uk

Please stand by while we are checking your browser

..... (it hangs)

with a why do I have to complete a captcha to suggest it's trying to perform one

There's some more info but as I cannot resize the screen (it's hanging) I can't view it.

I guess I should just use a different browser???

This is particularly infuriating when I've just written a long post - and cutting and pasting it seems to trigger the error again.

Hi @EllieM ,

Can you give a link to the topic & even (if you were eventually successful.) the actual message you were attempting to post when this incident occurred.?

The info you have given so far, also helps.

Thanks.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @EllieM and @Jaylee. This has happened to me a couple of times too. If I remember correctly, at least one time this was when I tried to edit the same message more than once.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @EllieM ,

Can you give a link to the topic & even (if you were eventually successful.) the actual message you were attempting to post when this incident occurred.?

The info you have given so far, also helps.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Hmm, well here's the most recent one (post number 11 on this thread, managed to post it by opening the forum in a new tab)
Blood sugar was 13 ( recently just had my 32 of lantus) an hour later I took 59 units of novarapid | Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community

Note I was writing this post when I got called to the phone, and came back to it after a couple of hours , so maybe that was a factor.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know I get a very similar issue with some things at work when I am forced to change my password (every couple of months) and it's caused by one of my apps repeatedly using the old password every few minutes.
So my thoughts are, do either of you use the app on your phone and if so does it have the correct password setup for it, or possibly something is attempting to log in using the wrong password

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ziggy_w ,

Any info on which particular topic, may also help.. :cool:

Hi @Jaylee,

It's some time ago (at least a couple of weeks) -- so tbh I don't really remember. At the time, I distinctly remember thinking -- I probably tried editing my post once too often in a very short time. The problem went away after I left the post for some time and then tried again.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I get a very similar issue with some things at work when I am forced to change my password (every couple of months) and it's caused by one of my apps repeatedly using the old password every few minutes.
So my thoughts are, do either of you use the app on your phone and if so does it have the correct password setup for it, or possibly something is attempting to log in using the wrong password

Thanks, @Rokaab. Usually don't use my phone (always such a pain since it's always trying to autocorrect to German spelling), so generally access the forum using my notebook.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

I'm not using the app on my phone. I'm not sure that it's a good or bad sign that people using different browsers are getting it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi again,

I will comment, we are awair of this & activly passing any info on to the forum "boffins" to resolve.

So, anything regarding post edits, adding pictures, Imbedding video, quoting other members. (Possibly if the member quoted had a link?) where you were on the night of the 14th.??? o_O ;)

Is a great help. :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again,

I will comment, we are awair of this & activly passing any info on to the forum "boffins" to resolve.

So, anything regarding post edits, adding pictures, Imbedding video, quoting other members. (Possibly if the member quoted had a link?) where you were on the night of the 14th.??? o_O ;)

Is a great help. :)

Come to think of it (thanks for the reminder, @Jaylee), at another time (a different day) it involved trying to post a photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaylee

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've also had something similar happen on a few occasions a month or so back. For me it happened when I was creating a post if I selected MORE OPTIONS -> PREVIEW which sent me to an "I am not a robot" tick box and the test for selecting similar images to the one provided; this then failed, mainly if I needed to repeat the selection options, giving an HTTP 400 error message to the effect that the header was too long, so I obviously got chucked right out of my session.. (Browser is Opera)

And apologies as I no longer remember what the posts were, or in relation to...

ETA My attempted posts were likely to have included a link as I sometimes use PREVIEW to double check they work...

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
For me it seems to be a timeout issue, It takes me forever to write a post and I usually make lots of edits as well so I am on the same screen for a long time. I get security browser check screen which revolves around, I quit that and try to continue with the post it then comes back up on screen again. I find if I go out of the application and come in again its ok. Using a laptop with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.