What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - cute hedgehog, all curled up ;) and an interesting one for today, a watchful observer over a serene Santa ;)
and I see the cunning Xmas fence is coming on by leaps and bounds :D

art bits -
no 1 - one of my quick(ish) tree pencil sketches

View attachment 45791

no 2 -

memory of an uphill walk on a sunny day a couple of years ago

View attachment 45792
Thank you @geefull
For the painting compliments

A lovely delicate pencil sketch of the tree.

The painting looks a beautiful walk you went on...

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's idea of extending the reed screening backfired. It still wasn't high enough. And actually amplified Mr Insensitive's flashing Xmas lights next door.
I went outside to see what was wrong. And it was now reflecting under the the white gutters and also those white plastic upvc overhangs, into my bathroom even more. I cannot make it any higher. The strong winds we have round here being near the sea puts paid to a lot of stuff. So I went out and cut it down.

I came back in the kitchen, those flashing lights were doing me no good, and then I realised I hadn't done the kitchen frosted glass door. It was making me feel ill and a headache from the flashing lights was beginning. I had another shower curtain for that. But I had to go and take a migraine tablet first.

However, nothing would stick to that upvc door. I had already prepared it like I did the bathroom windows, but nothing even remotely stuck. So I got the double side tape I use on the car to keep the door guards in place. That wouldn't stick either. Why?

So I have some white duct tape which I use for holding the fridge door (it is only a tiny fridge), to keep it closed when I have overfilled it. That wouldn't work either on that kitchen door.

This kitchen door has been replaced after I had all the windows and doors replaced, so it is not the same as the others. You don't want to know the story behind that...

So, it looks like I will be screwing some hooks in the top, placing a length of cane across, and hanging the shower curtain on the kitchen door today.

I could feel an episode of The Shining coming on last night, then suddenly all his outside Xmas lights went off. It was still only 6:30 pm. Then I saw him get in his car (I was still trying to do that kitchen door, and was outside trying to think of something to attach outside, which involved putting one of those screen things across the door frame to keep insects out. And I have one in the garage in bright colours, but I never put it up.), and drive off. A short while later the Xmas flashing lights were back on.

Fbg 7.3
I blame the flashing Xmas lights next door....

I had bought a Xmas bag for my shopping when I was out. And it has something on it about believing in unicorns. It is a long bag and almost covers the glass on the kitchen door. I do have black tape which sticks anything outside....
For some reason Thurber's Unicorn story comes to mind, but I am not sure in what context...

It is a dark cloudy morning. I am going back to sleep until there is enough light outside. I found all the shiny reflective computer CD's form the past. Lovely shiny things...

I have been up since 2:39 am. I woke the cat, so he went to hug the radiator in the front room. So I have done my digital painting. ZenBrush3. The Corvid's Christmas, this series is now going to be called...

4111B6C9-5B1E-40E8-8145-13303FFF675D.jpeg

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist Aww Sooty dog!
@gennepher I love Santa duck!

6.2 ➡️
I spent the entire day watching stuff I have recorded and binge-watched The Crown Season 4.
CV and covering letter to accompany diy demo has been vetted by my best friend and another commentator friend who I sent the diy to has not said anything about it pointing out that as a lead commentator you have very little time to say anything more than what I did say, and the more technical analysis does come from former players like her, who are ‘colour’ commentators.

So that should be good to go on Monday and we’ll see what happens.

#GeekAlert Poor cave dweller must have wondered what was happening when I decided to play a little bit of Command and Conquer and FINALLY finished one mission that had been bugging me and let out a triumphal cheer! So maybe I need to wait until at least 9am before playing any more!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 6.6 this morning.

Well the saga of the Christmas decorations continues and we are still in November, my neighbours have festooned their drive with twinkling lights and many of the properties on the estate behind TilehurstTowers have given the shareholders in power companies reason to open the champagne, Mrs J will add her contribution also, today I expect Mrs J will decorate her 2 Christmas trees.

I tried to escape yesterday, but failed, I was forced up step ladders, then into the loft if only I could stayed up in the loft away from her what can I get him to do now glare.

My retribution is that I am going to wake her up early, something Mrs J hates. If you need to contact me I expect I shall be in my usual spot in the local hospital A & E

Still no sign of that emergency shipment of Brussels Sprouts, those delegates must be playing hard ball.

Have a great day fellow posters, painters and gamers.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a very sleepy day yesterday I needed it...up this morning but feel s if I've finally got a little energy to tackle the housework & put the decorations up...realised yesterday all the neighbours have put their trees & lights up so I need to get moving...is it really December next week?...more coffee then back to catch up with the thread later...woke to a 6.5

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Advent Sunday 2020. Hit go to first unread and all hell breaks loose. In brief, hug for migraine @lindisfel and #light/doorgate @gennepher. Hug for no flooring but winner for splendid rendering of the dog @Muddy Cyclist. Great photos and exploring @jjraak - the dog and real owner must love all that walking. Great news on Archie @Krystyna23040. @RFSMarch all the feed back on the commentary sounds good. Now I know what demographic watches The Crown - disappointed in you but you still make the cut. @alf_Josiah get yer decs up you've got grandchildren and rumour has it you too were once young - don't know if you were ever gifted and black. Our tree, outside lights, mobiles etc up - all battery operated and on timers. (Alexa has a fine repertoire of Carols.) An attempt to fool me that this is a home, not a place to stay warm and dry for a while, and also delight our babies babies. Braxton, the amazingly self-possessed young (American) man growing up next door, really likes our "tastefully lit wooden churches" in the bay window. 5.5 from new Swipey - completely sub-optimal if in any way true. New sensor is "having a moment" it appears - bless. Football and Malcolm Guite today plus more of my first ever chocolate Advent Calendar Pip Pip old toots

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today. Damp and dull here.

Off for the final visit, I hope to MILs bungalow, Mrs MC wants to check it's all clean and tidy, why I have no idea it was on Friday when we left. Still for peace of mind we will go and somehow I feel it's going to result in a days work as Mrs MC asked "Do you think we should leave those cupboards in the shed?" it's a big shed and I saw them as work surfaces and storage, I think I will be breaking them up and dashing to the tip again.:banghead: Contracts complete on Friday thank goodness.

Take some time for yourself today. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Did fbs 2hrs later than usual so I suppose DP has kicked in I was so hungry by the time we had breakfast.

Was a hectic day yesterday teaching on Zoom then admin. The admin went so well and I was flying through it so fast I just couldn't stop so worked far too.many hours. Still - it does mean I can relax and read today.

Archie is still doing really well. He is so happy to be rid of the cone. We will take him on a gentle walk later a short car ride away.