1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Poor Mr Gee :(

Thank you for the painting and project compliments @geefull

I like David Bellamy's work also.
    Your painting is wonderful, and I love the sky.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you for sooty painting compliment and Plein Air trees.

As for David Bellamy and colour in the distance he's almost as good as you, but not quite in my opinion. Great mountain watercolour.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Muddy Cyclist

Thank you. Eerie but wonderful, I enjoy walking through forests at night, no torch, just let the darkness wrap itself around you. I used to Bike ride at night but lights are needed now I enjoy walking in the darkness, my favourite walks is no moon and crisp frost.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Muddy Cyclist

@geefull hugs for Mr Gee, however I bet you couldn't help having a chuckle once Katy was rescued. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Many thanks geeful for your good wishes.
    Its was a good 48 hours I have felt rubbish.
    I never got them until I was 63.
    Now I am feeling a lot better.
    Best wishes
    Derek

• Winner Winner x 8
  6. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I have the same thing with Archie and Poppy. They have identical tug toys but will both tussle over the same tug toy. They do exactly the same with a chew.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

I still have good night sight with no torch. But can't do the walking now :(
    I like seeing what the silvery moon is going to highlight...
    It is special...

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No sign of it so far gennepher...they have a more gentler flashing fairy lights around the pillars on their porch...so fingers crossed...a very impressive nature barrier you've done in your bathroom...if the neighbour adds more I'll be sending Charlie & Lola over with some mini wire cutters.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  9. HarryBeau

I've ordered them a new bed now wondering why...the cat cave pyramid one is still upstairs unused...but I remian hopeful they'll use this one it's big enough for two...watch this space.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. HarryBeau

Ouch geefull for your O/H...honestly the trials they put us through.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. HarryBeau

Up super early anti-coagulant clinic this morning...tempted to put it off but if I get a decent INR level I may not have to go until the New Year...decisions early in the morning are not my forte...will mull it over with another coffee...a very lazy weekend (again) the more time I spend at home the less I seem to do...work is busy but I have to push myself to do other things...woke to a 6.9...keep safe everyone.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  12. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Good morning all. Today's challenge for me is to resist saying "I told you so" to an ailing Julie. Why? The pups/dogs burst out of the shelter they have used from day one and chewed many things. The most precious was a boot of which I believe Julie was especially fond and had acquired at a bargain price. It will do no good but will be nigh on impossible not to say "now you know how I felt about the Timberland boat shoes your last bad decision ate." or "I said all along we shouldn't have dogs until this place was ready." Good job today was another 4.30 start before more damage was done. Fbg was 5.3 - very, very sub-optimal but could be any or all of three reasons: new sensor which was way off yesterday; widening food choices (still v low carb/sub keto level hence 4.30 wake up) or a cold/off colour somehow. Have a safe and useful day whilst I battle the urge to utter that phrase.:arghh:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    #35732 ianpspurs, Nov 30, 2020 at 6:55 AM
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  13. Muddy Cyclist

Good Morning and 5.9 for me today.

Not sure what the day will bring, certainly not a Muddy Bike ride it's very unappealing outside.

Over the weekend more flashing Christmas lights appeared in the Close, some very tasteful around doors with well displayed garlands and others just tat. Still it's festive on these dark nights and a tree in our front garden manages to block out the tattiest of displays.

Stay young at heart, embrace time and remember the best things in life are free. Keep safe.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  14. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I like to stick to the so called rules of Chinese painting when it comes to trees and with sumi-e it can go a bit nuts. I will attempt some groupings that show different methods with both trees and leaves.
    I really like your pine trees fading into the fog - smashing

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. dunelm

Chicken stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon - oh yes! Poor Mr G indeed - he needs a rest - perhaps a walk in that superb valley up to the mountains in your painting. Really like this one - great use of light and delicate application to the landscape.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. Muddy Cyclist

Thank you. I look forward to the examples of trees. It's a big learning curve for me this Chinease painting, finding it fascinating.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.0 for me have a good day everyone

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. Muddy Cyclist

Hugs for the aftermath of mischievous pups. May I suggest empathy may be a better plan than rubbing salt in Julie's wounds, it will score you more points in the long run, who knows you might even get a better Christmas present, Santa is watching. :)

• Funny Funny x 8
  19. dunelm

Good morning everyone from a wet and dreary start to St Andrews day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a low carb shepherds pie with roasted cauliflower greens came in at 5.2 this am

Brand loyalty crying going on today but Philip is not green with envy. I shall just go for things well made, long lasting and without thoughts of using my body as a free advertising board. I could get into the the habit of some sort of tunic with a scapular and cowl.
    More decorations moving in stealth mode yesterday, drifting silently into the house as if the attic is not creaking under the weight of jingle all the way. Very soon it will be Vicky Leandros. singing Süßer die Glocken nie klingen.

Not a full tree today - just the local branch. Hope you are all well, I think we have just about finished with gift collecting - some wrapping up to do and a bit of tithing for local food bank. Koffy is ready.

upload_2020-11-30_8-35-26.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. dunelm

All the very best of luck with any boot baiting - with hospitals filling quickly my may need to bring in some home help.

• Funny Funny x 8
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook