What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0:this morning.

It is really interesting that when I have a 4 or low 5 fbs the 2 hour after breakfast reading will always be in the high sixes. But if dawn phenomenon kicks in and I get a high 5 or a 6.0 fbs reading the 2 hour after breakfast reading will be no higher than 6.3. It doesn't make sense.

@Alien Aspie I do.hope you have some sort of back up heating as it is so cold today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - lovely moonlight sonata and the flying bamboo - how is the grotto progressing?
. Today’s pictures - looking at some of the ways that foliage is depicted in Chinese art. Have a wonderful first day of December - overseas greeting cards to be done but first, Koffy.

View attachment 45873

View attachment 45872

Thank you @dunelm

Grotto is getting along fine with the aid of Australian grandchildren...
I hope to do some more work on it this afternoon...but I need a nap first.

I like these different foliages. I will have a go when the grotto is finally finished, and the other 'wall' to protect my bedroom from his flashing Christmas lights, and the beam me up Scotty security light.... or E.T. is landing...
Actually I am sort of working between the projects...

I like the trees on the crag also and the colour of that paper...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3.8 when I got up this morning, oops! Immediately had toast and Marmite and a mug of tea. Had carbonara last night with white pasta so I cut down on the portion size. I’ll stick to the red lentil pasta much lower GI and works better for me.
Good afternoon from here!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke with a stinky cold & just a slight cough I'm sure it's just a cold but have sent off for a home test kit...be interesting to see if their turn around is as swift as they claim...my temperature is normal and my sense of taste & smell if fine...had some coffee & bacon to test it...work ongoing next door it seems to be dragging on & on & on...our water is now turned off because they've hot snag and they cannot say when it will be switched on tiresome...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really lovely memories J had of his father.

Good that salted butter works in your coffee. It does make you wonder - where has all the cream gone.

Oh no - writing this has just set off another ear worm. Where have all the flowers gone - Peter Paul and Mary.

They were interesting memories from a different era @Krystyna23040

There was no cream or double cream in the shops today, different shops than yesterday.
There was no cat litter either in two shops. I don't get it?

Tomorrow I will be at the equestrian place buying some horse bedding, wood pellets. Surely that won't have sold out?

I am glad Archie is much better.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok. So, December 1st, Advent Calendars up, earworms further up the page. The world can be divided into those who get this is a Christmas essential and those who are hollowed out inside - you know who you are:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am dog tired here. That little bit of shopping, despite being out very early finished me off. Why? Because too many people, no one social distancing, not even in queues. People reaching over me and my scooter to get something off the shelf at same time as I am reaching a couple of shelves below, not waiting while I pick up my item. And this is extremely rude anyway. And having to wait outside the shop, and then again in queues for the till. All shops had very long queues for the till.

I have discovered a new strategy...if you are directly behind me in a queue for the till (and there are designated 2 metre spaces with lines, and as long as you don't have a white stick), and you are breathing down my neck inside my 2 metre space, then my scooter goes in reverse...it does beep a warning sign...

My sciatica is playing me up badly with having to stay on my scooter so long this morning in the queues. Oh, and I am in my two metre space in one queue (it was all neatly marked with black lines), and the person in front of me is in their two metre space, and the guy behind me walks past me looking at me (presumably daring me to say something) and stands in between me and the person in front of me inside my 2 metre space. I was furious. I didn't dare speak, I would have exploded the shop roof off. (I was tired, my sciatica was really hurting by now.) I inched forward, towards his heels with my scooter...when he moved forward he caught his heels on the front of my scooter. But I was stationary and had the key out of my scooter for when he moved and I was still in my 2 metre space....

Popeye wants me to sleep. So here is a quickie digital painting of him.
I hope I wake up before the light fails...I want to do a bit on the Christmas grotto.

59901798-AD1A-4A66-9ADE-A15CB066EA2B.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am dog tired here. That little bit of shopping, despite being out very early finished me off. Why? Because too many people, no one social distancing, not even in queues. People reaching over me and my scooter to get something off the shelf at same time as I am reaching a couple of shelves below, not waiting while I pick up my item. And this is extremely rude anyway. And having to wait outside the shop, and then again in queues for the till. All shops had very long queues for the till.

I have discovered a new strategy...if you are directly behind me in a queue for the till (and there are designated 2 metre spaces with lines, and as long as you don't have a white stick), and you are breathing down my neck inside my 2 metre space, then my scooter goes in reverse...it does beep a warning sign...

My sciatica is playing me up badly with having to stay on my scooter so long this morning in the queues. Oh, and I am in my two metre space in one queue (it was all neatly marked with black lines), and the person in front of me is in their two metre space, and the guy behind me walks past me looking at me (presumably daring me to say something) and stands in between me and the person in front of me inside my 2 metre space. I was incandescent with rage. I didn't dare speak, I would have exploded the shop roof off. (I was tired, my sciatica was really hurting by now.) I inched forward, towards his heels with my scooter...when he moved forward he caught his heels on the front of my scooter. But I was stationary and had the key out of my scooter for when he moved and I was still in my 2 metre space....

Popeye wants me to sleep. So here is a quickie digital painting of him.
I hope I wake up before the light fails...I want to do a bit on the Christmas grotto.

View attachment 45876
Oh dear - it all sounds very busy in Wales - and brimming with rude folk - on the up side, a smashing flash dance of a portrait of Popeye - all the best with the grotto and thanks for your comments about the foliage drawings.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was horrified one day when my cat came out on the upstairs window sill of the house across the road. He had obviously done his trick of opening door windows. I never knew how he got in and went upstairs to a bedroom in a strange house.
D.
They do like to wander into other peoples houses ..I have one that as been coming round to mine for years :rolleyes:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet, wind free morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of roast chicken and some greens came in at a flat line 5.0 this am.

There has been talk of Christmas gifts - I have added a replacement microplane grater to my list together with long sleeved t shirts. Can’t think of anything else that I want or need - a good day out would be nice. A hug from the grandchildren.

@gennepher - lovely moonlight sonata and the flying bamboo - how is the grotto progressing?
@geefull - beautiful pale, autumnal colours in your painting - belated birthday wishes.
@Muddy Cyclist - Pine in the park. Your mountain scenes are coming along nicely. I can already see that distinctive Cullen ridge and a scramble along Crib Goch.

Youngest grandchild will be along in a while so it’s probably a duck and squirrel feeding morning. Today’s pictures - looking at some of the ways that foliage is depicted in Chinese art. Have a wonderful first day of December - overseas greeting cards to be done but first, Koffy.

View attachment 45873

View attachment 45872
Thanks for the examples of different leaf styles. Then a row of trees demonstrating how to use some of them. Nice different bark effects on the trunks.

I'm pleased you an recognisethe mountains I'm painting, I have decided to start another of The Black Cullen's as I want a much darker sky with more highlighted clouds, the one I posted is a bit on the blue side.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A cold but pleasant 2 hour Mountain Bike ride the chill kept me in aerobic mode so a good workout. Then as I was rather Muddy did a garden tidy, another bin full of Oak leaves and looking at the trees there will be a few more before they are bald.

Here is a cool looking pond I passed today....
IMG_4186.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear - it all sounds very busy in Wales - and brimming with rude folk - on the up side, a smashing flash dance of a portrait of Popeye - all the best with the grotto and thanks for your comments about the foliage drawings.

Thank you @dunelm
There is no need for discourtesy and rudeness and trying to get one over another person.
So many people out this morning, almost determined to spend everything they have. It was a bad atmosphere.

Thanks for Popeye's compliment.

I have just been out an hour working on the grotto. I might have figured out how to do those Xmas ducks...

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A cold but pleasant 2 hour Mountain Bike ride the chill kept me in aerobic mode so a good workout. Then as I was rather Muddy did a garden tidy, another bin full of Oak leaves and looking at the trees there will be a few more before they are bald.

Here is a cool looking pond I passed today....
View attachment 45879
Wow lush pic

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This morning's fbg 4.8 which is a change from the last few days of almost continuous hypo readings so feeling a lot better today.

Keiran had a covid test this morning had a result in two hours and was negative so one more test and he will be OK to come home for Christmas.

Adrian still waiting for the result of his test things a bit slow in Italy it would seem.

Had a nice little surprise in the post this morning a friend had made some prayer hearts for us and sent them.

Before my little couple of days of not feeling too great I did manage a little walk and took a couple of pics some new but not exotic birds at the feeding station and another sunset photo.

DSC_0835.jpg
DSC_0783.jpg
DSC_0786.jpg
DSC_0788.jpg
DSC_0817.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning's fbg 4.8 which is a change from the last few days of almost continuous hypo readings so feeling a lot better today.

Keiran had a covid test this morning had a result in two hours and was negative so one more test and he will be OK to come home for Christmas.

Adrian still waiting for the result of his test things a bit slow in Italy it would seem.

Had a nice little surprise in the post this morning a friend had made some prayer hearts for us and sent them.

Before my little couple of days of not feeling too great I did manage a little walk and took a couple of pics some new but not exotic birds at the feeding station and another sunset photo.

View attachment 45883 View attachment 45884 View attachment 45885 View attachment 45886 View attachment 45887
Hug for the bad days. Winner for other good news, gifts and photos.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As stated I was not happy with my Black Cullen Mountain Sky so I started again, this one ilikemuch better. A4 about 1 hour so far which included 20 minutes for sky to dry, will finish Wednesday.
IMG_4188.JPG

Painting this I feel the urge to get out on to the mountains again, will we ever be allowed one wonders? Although my old knees may struggle, I can climb but going down is difficult.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke with a stinky cold & just a slight cough I'm sure it's just a cold but have sent off for a home test kit...be interesting to see if their turn around is as swift as they claim...my temperature is normal and my sense of taste & smell if fine...had some coffee & bacon to test it...work ongoing next door it seems to be dragging on & on & on...our water is now turned off because they've hot snag and they cannot say when it will be switched on tiresome...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.
Hope all is well with the testing @HarryBeau