What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 5.8 this morning on the meter of mystery and naughtiness.

Early start in Tilehurst Towers, me and me's had a hospital appointment at a hospital the other side of Berkshire which entailed risking life and limb on two motorways. The consultant does not want to see for another 12 months, so he is confident that me and me's will survive the assassination attempts on me and me's life in the next year.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, lots of hope your day is going well. Not long till freedom from locknown.
Must go things to plan hehehehehe.

Great news @alf_Josiah

Always worth getting a 12 month guarantee in writing, mind ;)

:D:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Early start in Tilehurst Towers, me and me's had a hospital appointment at a hospital the other side of Berkshire which entailed risking life and limb on two motorways. The consultant does not want to see for another 12 months, so he is confident that me and me's will survive the assassination attempts on me and me's life in the next year.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, lots of hope your day is going well. Not long till freedom from locknown.
Great news about the 12 month warranty. Give Mrs A J a hug and an extra sherry/gin/koffee/happy pill:angelic:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
5.5 this morning. The steroids have worked wonders on Archie's foot. We took his cone off this morning and he completely ignored his foot. Drove him to the Rec and he had his first walk for a week. He was so happy. So much more comfortable without the cone. @Muddycyclist Archie was doing exactly the same as Moet - blundering into everything, especially our shins.
Glad to read that Archies foot is better, expect you enjoyed the walk as well.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good news and a bonus winner for tackling the motorways.

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning all. Today's challenge for me is to resist saying "I told you so" to an ailing Julie. Why? The pups/dogs burst out of the shelter they have used from day one and chewed many things. The most precious was a boot of which I believe Julie was especially fond and had acquired at a bargain price. It will do no good but will be nigh on impossible not to say "now you know how I felt about the Timberland boat shoes your last bad decision ate." or "I said all along we shouldn't have dogs until this place was ready." Good job today was another 4.30 start before more damage was done. Fbg was 5.3 - very, very sub-optimal but could be any or all of three reasons: new sensor which was way off yesterday; widening food choices (still v low carb/sub keto level hence 4.30 wake up) or a cold/off colour somehow. Have a safe and useful day whilst I battle the urge to utter that phrase.:arghh:
Just be thankful you didn't give two goats the freedom of Ianspurs Manor! :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Painting for today.
ZenBrush2

Blowing a gale outside. Flying bamboo. The moon is out...

87CDECC5-695B-4149-8A2E-B9F54998BE4F.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
Popeye's mum used to walk on Mr Insensitive's ridge tiles and sit there with the full moon behind her, but Popeye never went up there...
Popeye will be 2nd officer if he can be on the ground...
I was horrified one day when my cat came out on the upstairs window sill of the house across the road. He had obviously done his trick of opening door windows. I never knew how he got in and went upstairs to a bedroom in a strange house.
D.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

a brightish but cold and windy day here today so I tackled the plastic storage box mountain again ;) and sorted out the kitchen cupboard with all the kitchen impedimenta in it, baking tins, silicon stuff etc. etc. and got rid of a big bag full, half into the recycling and half into the charity donations :angelic: so I'm feeling quite virtuous, won't last of course :D

St Andrew's Day today and my birthday so I'm currently eating LC chocolate cake with whipped cream :p

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - handsome green needle foliage :joyful: I do like how you manage to create a strong and balanced composition.

@ianpspurs - hugs to Julie, it's good news that the boots can be replaced though.

@RFSMarch - good luck for the outcome :)

@jjraak - good news indeed about your wallet :)

@alf_Josiah - well done, a new 12 month ticket ;)

@gennepher - those are nice delicate bamboo fronds floating in front of the full moon :)

art bit - Youtube offered me a link to a video about painting autumn foliage in acrylic, didn't watch the video but I thought I'd have a go anyway ;)

upload_2020-11-30_19-19-35.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy music day trying to make a half decent sound with harmonies of the song 'Blues Run the Game' Simon and Garfunkle version, guitar easy, harmonies not so.

So have neglected painting but did start my two Mountain scenes for Daughter and SIL. One wants Snowdon and the other the Black Cullen's. Gone for dramatic views, Snowdon approached via Crib Goch, you can see the pencilled in Crib Goch route I don't usually draw first but needed to be sure layout worked, Daughters is the black Cullen's from a dark moody perspective, not sure how they will work out but it's a start. Both A4 watercolour.

IMG_4182.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

a brightish but cold and windy day here today so I tackled the plastic storage box mountain again ;) and sorted out the kitchen cupboard with all the kitchen impedimenta in it, baking tins, silicon stuff etc. etc. and got rid of a big bag full, half into the recycling and half into the charity donations :angelic: so I'm feeling quite virtuous, won't last of course :D

St Andrew's Day today and my birthday so I'm currently eating LC chocolate cake with whipped cream :p

@dunelm - handsome green needle foliage :joyful: I do like how you manage to create a strong and balanced composition.

@ianpspurs - hugs to Julie, it's good news that the boots can be replaced though.

@RFSMarch - good luck for the outcome :)

@jjraak - good news indeed about your wallet :)

@alf_Josiah - well done, a new 12 month ticket ;)

@gennepher - those are nice delicate bamboo fronds floating in front of the full moon :)

art bit - Youtube offered me a link to a video about painting autumn foliage in acrylic, didn't watch the video but I thought I'd have a go anyway ;)

View attachment 45857
Happy Birthday!

A very golden autumn scene with lots of depth, I like the style very much.

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Travelled back to the Midlands today.
Errant was quiet on journey and settled into motorhome straight away. Our friends have checked on leaks while we were away so we have a dry bed, fired up the heating, Dinner in the oven, glass of wine each good to be home.
Still concerned about Son1, that's not going away any time soon, but he is definitely better while working.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hello all. Fbs was 10.2 at 8am. despite an increased dose of Metformin. One of the common side effects of my recently prescribed Gabapentin is raised blood sugars! :arghh: Best wishes to all. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 today

View attachment 45857

Happy Birthday. The cake sounds delicious!

Thank you :)

I like this autumn painting. A change of colours for you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Busy music day trying to make a half decent sound with harmonies of the song 'Blues Run the Game' Simon and Garfunkle version, guitar easy, harmonies not so.

So have neglected painting but did start my two Mountain scenes for Daughter and SIL. One wants Snowdon and the other the Black Cullen's. Gone for dramatic views, Snowdon approached via Crib Goch, you can see the pencilled in Crib Goch route I don't usually draw first but needed to be sure layout worked, Daughters is the black Cullen's from a dark moody perspective, not sure how they will work out but it's a start. Both A4 watercolour.

View attachment 45854
Great dramatic beginnings with the skies...

Reactions: jjraak