What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 so still pushing the boulder up the hill. Can’t wait to get to the top. Sorry that was a bit JVT ;) @ziggy_w still great! @DJC3 yay whatever way!
@HN2020 welcome. @notepadplusplus great after such a busy time.
@oldnevada sounds like you’ e done brilliant. @Chook that is great dedication and you are getting the reward.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning, not bad as I baked meat pies last night and needed to sample to see if I had enough salt and pepper. :angelic: It's sons 40th birthday, he didn't want a cake so I made savoury instead, not professional looking but my sample tasted good.

upload_2020-12-5_10-6-11.png

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

5.2 this morning.

@HN2020 -- Welcome to the thread.
@oldnevada -- Congrats on the great HbA1c result. Well done.
@JohnEGreen and @Ymdawd -- Hugs for the low blood sugars.
@DJC3 -- Yay, back in the 5s.
@kaylz91 -- Sounds like great progress on the bathroom front. Hope you will be able to have full use of it soon.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning, not bad as I baked meat pies last night and needed to sample to see if I had enough salt and pepper. :angelic: It's sons 40th birthday, he didn't want a cake so I made savoury instead, not professional looking but my sample tasted good.

View attachment 45979

@Ryhia if this is not professional looking then what is ... it looks so good.. please pass on our best wishes to your son on his 40th.

Reactions: annabell1

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You couldn’t send some my way.? They look GOOD.!
If you live in the North East and have a door step, it could be arranged...
@Ryhia if this is not professional looking then what is ... it looks so good.. please pass on our best wishes to your son on his 40th.
I will certainly pass on your best wishes to him, thank you.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 on finger prick and 4.2 on libre...

60 hours of fasting and I did not have any hunger pangs nor did I feel depleted of energy.

My average blood sugar was 5.4 yesterday... ketone around 16.00 was 3.4 so I was in therapeutic ketosis level at that time ... bit of reading suggested those numbers are nothing to be worried about and are Infact almost aspirational... although not quite sure how they are helpful but hey what doesnt kill me makes me stronger and all that... :D

Only problem was that my wife and daughter were constantly worried and I had to keep reassuring them that I am feeling absolutely fine.

Still not in a rush to enter kitchen... have a great Sunday people. :) :)
Screenshot_20201206-065518_xDrip%2B.jpg