What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 on xdrip and 3.4 on libre... and at the moment 59 hrs 30 minutes into fasting so a lower reading was expected and is in fact quite well deserved, even if I say so myself :D :)

@DJC3 you were right about electrolytes and headache... somehow I thought I had taken the electrolyte tablet day before but I found later yesterday that the tablet I was meant to take was sitting on the countertop.:facepalm:

Glad you found the culprit. I do that often in the summer when I forget to take antihistamines, and only remember when I’ve spent a whole day sneezing!

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I give up trying to understand this diabetes malarkey. Yesterday did no exercise whatsoever, have a bit of a cold and had a very bad night, waking at 4 and going back to sleep at 6 :30. Finally had to get up at 8:30 feeling dreadful...
But bg of 4.7, second best ever yet!!!
It takes some working out that's for sure :rolleyes:

Reactions: ert

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished my 72 hours fast and while it went swimmingly, by the end of it I was actually feeling quite hungry as well. BG was 4.6 a minute back on xdrip as well as finger prick but I have just finished eating like 20 minutes back so need to wait I guess to see if it rises a lot in next hour or so.... It has been hovering in 4s and 5s most of today even though I was quite active whole day as can be seen on the graph for last 24 hrs...

I was very hungry and I fear I may have eaten more than what I normally eat but we will see what happens tomorrow morning... I may give a skip to breakfast and have lunch directly if readings are a bit higher or I am not feeling hungry or both... will give a gap of 14 hrs anyway.
Screenshot_20201213-212316_xDrip%2B.jpg

Edited to add... BG after 2 hrs was 6 and 3 hrs is 5.3 and a downward trend so hopefully that's all good...off to bed filled with optimism :)

Last edited: