What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies to those wondering why I have marked posts from days ago.

A slew of post just suddenly appeared on my time line
Seemed rude not to make some comment :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sat up late ...woe is me

Slept most of today
Not been a good one.

So now wide awake and bored at 2:39 am .:arghh:

Doc at A&E thought my left foot wasn't broken as well, but said they couldn't be sure.

So Friday I just sat in bed, hobbled around on crutches.

Made a poor job of it but mobilised as much as possible, getting my sea legs
Same on sat.

May just be the swelling has come out or quite possible the broken right legs boot/packing has eased that pain, and now my brain is registering the pain more in the sprained ankle on the left leg,....

But omg. It's like walking on a broken bone, putting weight on the sprained foot today

Should have an appointment this week to get broken leg x-rayed to see if bone shifted or still in place

(Expected by doc to stay in place, but as both feet injured the risk I'll shake bone loose as I mobilise awkwardly,
Is higher, apparently )

Reluctant to do too Much, now in case I DO shift it.:sorry:

I might now ask for a 2nd opinion on the sprained foot at hospital visit.

Off to read the internet, see if I can keep myself occupied until I fall asleep....:rolleyes:.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well that was an interesting jaunt across the web.

Seems the UK travel ban is gathering pace.

Off to get some shut eye, if I can.:rolleyes:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I see that the father of this thread has been banned.

Here is a Christmas card for this year. One of those I used to paint individually for everyone I knew. Only this year I was tired.

D24447DF-5306-4E3C-8409-FDDADF48B4F6.jpeg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey returns 5.7 ➡️
Having migrated around the side of the arm over the years... I have reverted back to more around the back of the arm but my lord it hurts like a bar-steward when you first put it on. Still... it IS on.

Tiers tiers everywhere. My support bubble are the cousins that I always see for Christmas, but I can't see my other cousin and her daughter now on Boxing Day as planned, so we are thinking zoom, and a group opening of bottles of wine.

Reached out to Depressed Friend (DF) who is less than pleased that I can see my support bubble on Christmas Day as planned - but right now is so full of self-loathing it is hard to get through on any level. Will message her best friend (BF) but all three of us are now in Tier 4 so there is not much that can be done.

In amongst the wave of sarcasm I got when I reached out, was 'it is ok for you - you've been able to go enjoy yourself'... and it made me think.
Since the initial lockdown:
My shifts stopped dead at Sky Sports
I only saw my support bubble when lockdown eased (but did set up face-chats with a bunch of mates throughout)
I play golf with two friends as and when we were allowed/were able
I had two tennis hits with DF and one coffee and cake
I see and chat to neighbours in passing on the way to and from local shops
I wear a mask when I go out to the bank every couple of weeks to put money IN and go to the supermarket every two or three weeks

That's it. The only 'enjoy' moments have been virtual drinks with friends of mine and driving range and rounds of golf. I see no partying and hanging round at mate's houses here. I see me having stayed within all the guidelines and trying to make ends meet.

So should I feel guilty about... well what, exactly?

Anyway - time to get up. Next time on adventures with Rozzington Bear... back on the dating site and some of the crazies I have already encountered!

Reactions: karen8967

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
Yesterday was an NBD (No Beer Day) It was also Two Mile Walk day and the wonders of the planets were seen in the early evening. Enough to keep my mind off the news.
FBG down a little at 8.4 at 0630. Not a great instant reward, but we are all playing a long game!
Hope a little Christmas cheer will come your way this week.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sat up late ...woe is me

Slept most of today
Not been a good one.

So now wide awake and bored at 2:39 am .:arghh:

Doc at A&E thought my left foot wasn't broken as well, but said they couldn't be sure.

So Friday I just sat in bed, hobbled around on crutches.

Made a poor job of it but mobilised as much as possible, getting my sea legs
Same on sat.

May just be the swelling has come out or quite possible the broken right legs boot/packing has eased that pain, and now my brain is registering the pain more in the sprained ankle on the left leg,....

But omg. It's like walking on a broken bone, putting weight on the sprained foot today

Should have an appointment this week to get broken leg x-rayed to see if bone shifted or still in place

(Expected by doc to stay in place, but as both feet injured the risk I'll shake bone loose as I mobilise awkwardly,
Is higher, apparently )

Reluctant to do too Much, now in case I DO shift it.:sorry:

I might now ask for a 2nd opinion on the sprained foot at hospital visit.

Off to read the internet, see if I can keep myself occupied until I fall asleep....:rolleyes:.
Oh dear that's not such good news for you, I do hope your pain starts , nay goes, very quickly. What a mess you have gotten into, look after yourself.

Reactions: True Blue

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@
good evening all :)

4.8 today

along with many others I've indulged myself today ;) my particular vice was testing the truffles I was trying to make for after Christmas dinner. I had spotted a silicon heart shaped sweetie mould tray in the charity shop so I thought I'd have a go :)
The filling is a mixture of a small amount of christmas pudding whizzed up and mixed with rum, melted 95% dark chocolate and double cream sweetened a bit with some truvia and I lined the moulds with dark chocolate marbled with a tiny bit of ordinary white chocolate then filled them. A bit fiddly but they look posh and the filling is :joyful: :D

We don't go to stage 4 lockdown until Boxing Day so in theory we should be alright for shopping until then (if there is any stock left :sorry: ) got most things already though thankfully :)

I'm a bit worried about this week though, the minister of the church almost opposite our home died last Thursday and his funeral will be on Christmas Eve, because he'd been moderator of the assembly there will probably be some 'incomers' from other areas. Normally the whole village would attend but presumably not at this time.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - creative use of paper, I like your tree :) and that park activity may be as social as we get for the next few weeks. I concur about the need to ensure continuity of the coffee supply ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - and the dilemmas ramp up again, I'm glad you managed to get your carolling in whilst feeling secure, I used to love doing charity carol concerts and visits :sorry:

@gennepher - well done you for 'turning' your dream and using it creatively in your artwork today. I like the colours in the background effect and that colour really offsets the 'gore' and makes it 'pop' :joyful:

Art bit - I do admire people who can turn the usual 'cool colours recede' advice on it's head and make it work. This is my version based on an image I saw on the net.

View attachment 46368
Wow, that snow scene and colours worked extremely well. A nice balanced winter scene.

Truffles sound scrumptious. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

Wet and rainy here so indoor day once I have been to Tesco and hopefully get provisions with after Christmas dates on. Going now to try a miss the crowds.

Keep safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 today

along with many others I've indulged myself today ;) my particular vice was testing the truffles I was trying to make for after Christmas dinner. I had spotted a silicon heart shaped sweetie mould tray in the charity shop so I thought I'd have a go :)
The filling is a mixture of a small amount of christmas pudding whizzed up and mixed with rum, melted 95% dark chocolate and double cream sweetened a bit with some truvia and I lined the moulds with dark chocolate marbled with a tiny bit of ordinary white chocolate then filled them. A bit fiddly but they look posh and the filling is :joyful: :D

We don't go to stage 4 lockdown until Boxing Day so in theory we should be alright for shopping until then (if there is any stock left :sorry: ) got most things already though thankfully :)

I'm a bit worried about this week though, the minister of the church almost opposite our home died last Thursday and his funeral will be on Christmas Eve, because he'd been moderator of the assembly there will probably be some 'incomers' from other areas. Normally the whole village would attend but presumably not at this time.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - creative use of paper, I like your tree :) and that park activity may be as social as we get for the next few weeks. I concur about the need to ensure continuity of the coffee supply ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - and the dilemmas ramp up again, I'm glad you managed to get your carolling in whilst feeling secure, I used to love doing charity carol concerts and visits :sorry:

@gennepher - well done you for 'turning' your dream and using it creatively in your artwork today. I like the colours in the background effect and that colour really offsets the 'gore' and makes it 'pop' :joyful:

Art bit - I do admire people who can turn the usual 'cool colours recede' advice on it's head and make it work. This is my version based on an image I saw on the net.

View attachment 46368
Thanks @geefull, I think we will also have to stock up on Yorkshire tea. Smashing winter scene from you today. Good colours in the background of all that snow - smashing

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cold and still dark morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burgers stuffed with mozzarella came in at 5.0 this am

Picture today - Great Gable, in the Lake district, a popular fell with walkers and rock climbers. Napes Needle is a great climbing challenge there so I took it out and plonked it into the foreground. Getting back down is the tricky bit. The background hills are just there as a whim. Hope everyone is as good as they can be, hugs to @jjraak for the pain and frustration. Koffy time.

upload_2020-12-21_7-21-44.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Hope you all have an excellent start to the week and stay safe in this strange world.

Science is not exactly sure the vaccine will work as effectively with the new variant but hope it will.

Meanwhile we must keep our grip on that which keeps us on firm ground, optimistic, sane with a sense of fun, reaching out to others in offering mutual support.
Derek

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm,
Used to go up the easy way. Parked at the top of Honister and walked to Green Gable then the scramble up Great Gable but tremendous views down the valleys.
D.
Hi @lindisfel - when I started rock climbing in the late 60’s the army had a hut in Langdale, an old chapel and within walking distance to The Old Dungeon Ghyll I think. Can’t remember the exact route as to how we got to the needles.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak hug for the pain and waking. I found a sprained ankle far more painful and took longer to heal than a broken one. Wonderful art [USER=305199]@geefull and I adore the Christmas card @gennepher. Sad to see the Theadfather missing. @RFSMarch I rated you winner for Rossington Bear alone - worth the entrance fee every time. Fbg was stunningly Swipatious as well. @Muddy Cyclist good fbg and hope foraging goes well.. Swipey = 4.9 waking @ 4.40, 5.2 by 7.33. Move along, nothing to see here. .[/USER]

Last edited: