What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. This post is subject to revision - as I type I have no plan for where it is going. Fbg on Swipey was 5.0 @ 4.34 - how I feel about is irrelevant. It is what it is. Hug for #thumbgate @dunelm and the undue stress caused by supermarket sweep in these times for you. Buy more coffee. Likewise for the Turkey (crown) Trot for @lindisfel. @gennepher great art and I hope the bin men prove you right. Never an issue here as most people in this close put their bins out nearly 2 days in advance. Enjoy winterval, sproutval or whatever @alf_Josiah . A poem for today. To me this sums up the paradox of the here and now - dark, wet, @lindisfel's killer stalking the streets but the promise of ..... a feast (for many), vaccine(s), longer days, summer warmth, something very "other" for believers. I also marvelled at the image of bells rung on earth being answered in heaven. Assuming Amazon fulfil their promise and deliver a couple of cowbells today we will be ringing them this evening as per Whatsapp command. If you aren't all poemed out or you want something to chew on at some point try this . The last 7 lines of page 103 seem to be a perfect summary of the struggle going on just now (thank you Malcolm Guite). I'm a fairly cynical, pessimistic chappy - oh, so Fenland but God is working on me:angelic:. Look hard enough and it promises to be a Wonderful Life. Merry Christmas, Ho, Ho,HO.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1608794347675.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here @Krystyna23040 And strong wind as well, van has sprung another leak, wet pillows are not funny.
Wet pillows are really horrible. Hope the rain has stopped now. Have you got a dehumidifier to dry everything out?

We have floods all around us at the moment. Luckily our house is half way up a small hill and always escapes the flooding.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Poor wheelie. Alone all night underneath the lamplight. No other wheelies to have a conversation with. I crammed some more rubbish into him.

Still no more wheelies outside the houses. Bin wagon can come any time now from 6:30 am onwards.

My painting for today is this in Procreate.
Inspired by one of my postcrossing postcards I received yesterday from Finland. I used the dandelion seedhead brush tool on a new layer for the pine needles, but having a new layer meant I could erase the dandelion stems without affecting the picture underneath. Then a silhouette from my stack of silhouettes to finish off, and then a dash more snow!

Have a good day.
View attachment 46423
love your painting today.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Sent out lesson plans and exercise sheets to all class members yesterday so they can practice at home during the Christmas break - if they want to. Also let everyone know that we are on Zoom for the foreseeable future as we are now in Tier 4.

Just a bit more admin today, but don't feel a lot like doing much. I think that this will be quietest and most relaxed Christmas we have ever had.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
We were in our local small town before 0700 this am to pick up our turkey crown.
The shop had been open since 0530 and there was a queue out of the shop and up the street almost to the tee junction in the middle of town. It was shoulder to shoulder and not at all socially distanced, freezing hard I had to defrost the car a lot before coming out.
There was no decision to make!
Quick turn round to come home and Marjorie was saying, I shall have to get some chicken out the freezer instead....there was no way we were going to wait in that queue!
On getting home I rang the owner and surprise, surprise, he had our turkey crown delivered before 0800. Phew...problem solved!
We definitely have a good butcher.

I hope all your plans for the day come to such an excellent conclusion.

On aging:
A friend of mine from Lincoln, videod me on whatsap yesterday...he is 82, one the oldest in our class through school.
My immediate reaction was you must have a portrait in the attic! ...he looks about 60, no more...we laugh a lot, I think it helps.
D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Poor wheelie. Alone all night underneath the lamplight. No other wheelies to have a conversation with. I crammed some more rubbish into him.

Still no more wheelies outside the houses. Bin wagon can come any time now from 6:30 am onwards.

My painting for today is this in Procreate.
Inspired by one of my postcrossing postcards I received yesterday from Finland. I used the dandelion seedhead brush tool on a new layer for the pine needles, but having a new layer meant I could erase the dandelion stems without affecting the picture underneath. Then a silhouette from my stack of silhouettes to finish off, and then a dash more snow!

Have a good day.
View attachment 46423
Fabulous festive piece of art this morning

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yipee! Back from the supermarket - Morrisons - very few people in and 4 checkouts open - result.
@jjraak - thanks for the “ouch” master blaster, @Muddy Cyclist - thank you - Ivy - no, the one in. Covent Garden is closed - the one in Bristol is open though - went there a coupe of years ago to celebrate mothers birthday - happy days. Great bit of percussion - fab. @ianpspurs - thumbgate is annoying at best - Amazon - hope the cowbells arrive. My SIL in France wants me to order her a knitting pattern - only a couple of quid but the postal charge to France is a months rent - I can get it free with prime. @karen8967 - thanks for the Christmas picture and for all your Memes. @lindisfel - smashing butcher.

Some good news - Chris Rhea has finally driven home (in a Delorian I think) so we can all breath as sigh of releif.

upload_2020-12-24_9-29-34.jpeg

Last edited:

JFWinstone

FBG 4.7 today, a blood test at doctors and last-minute Christmas preparations today. Still need to wrap presents and make the keto cheesecake :) Slept 12hrs last night and woke up with a banging headache :***:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.7 today, a blood test at doctors and last-minute Christmas preparations today. Still need to wrap presents and make the keto cheesecake :) Slept 12hrs last night and woke up with a banging headache :***:
Winner for the bs - ouch for the headache

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Getting VERY bored of being awake at 5:30
Swipey said: 4.6 ➡️

Pretty much last work-out of the week done on the spin bike so that I can close out the week with the repeat session and start the New Year on the next week of C25K to break down.

So... I was chatting to my bestie after finishing up the tournament coverage, when I head this buzz... and a humongous sleepy wasp was buzzing around and the more it bashed into the ceiling and down lights the more annoyed it was getting. I ended up (with friend still on FaceTime) running downstairs to get the portably Dyson to hoover it up. All the while friend was wetting herself laughing. I ran back down the stairs with the Dyson still running having zapped up the stripey fiend and the cave-dweller was just ???
I went to empty the Dyson into a bin bag... when I noticed the wasp, now covered in dust and fluff, not very happily walking around inside the dust... receptacle, I guess?
So I emptied it out over the hedge and rang back inside in a time Usain Bolt wouldn't have sniffed at.

I have NEVER seen a wasp this late in the year... have no idea where it came from but had the bathroom window open for a bit so assume it came in through that! Still I am glad it afforded bestie A LOT of amusement.

Gonna finish my cuppa and then start making stuff for tomorrow - Will be with my support bubble just for the day and then back to zoom for other half of the famalamadingdong.

Thank you to everyone in here for support, bantz and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and see you on the other side of the wrapping paper.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimLizzy

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.8 this morning.
Yesterday Melody was in the local Co-op when an altercation broke out between several customers concentrated around the toilet rolls which culminated with one customer hitting another over the head with a pack of toilet rolls Melody kept well clear so that was one item on her shopping list she did not get, the world has gone crazy.