What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all my fbg was 5.6 this morning.

I just love this photo I found on the BBC News site this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-55416365

yeah,
beautiful, wasn't it

took ages for them to get as well.
but so worth it

_116221831_mediaitem116221830.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great Christmas Drawing works well on the gold flecks, some nice lines you have put down, a fine piece of art.

Re music.. I see the like of hats runs in your family. :)
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - yes there are a number of hat wearers and some of us have stylish Fair Isle Fisherman’s Keps knitted by my mother.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I despair.
I am keeping well out of the way until the New Year unless there is something I urgently need.
I'm working all over the Christmas period but apart from that I'm not going out

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Appealed to my sense of irony. Turkey collected - seems that butchers and Waitrose in Newmarket may have supply issues. I went to a farm shop just inside Cambs. Turkey from Norfolk - Norfolk Black -never tried one of those. Plenty of sprout sticks @alf_Josiah - no King Edward's:bigtears:

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Wow that link had a pictures of a couple of people I found in the old family tree.
This is one a pretty convoluted and distant connection but your link reminded me of it.

John Montagu 4th Earl of Sandwich
1718–1792
BIRTH 4 NOV 1718 • Westminster, London, England
DEATH 30 APR 1792 • Mayfair, London, England
2nd cousin 4x removed of husband of sister-in-law of 12th great-granduncle

And this one just as much of a convoluted and distant connection

Oliver Cromwell
1563–1655
BIRTH 1563 • Hinchingbrooke, Huntingdonshire, England
DEATH 28 AUG 1655 • Ramsey, Huntingdonshire, England
brother-in-law of 1st cousin 2x removed of wife of brother-in-law of 17th cousin 8x removed

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow that link had a pictures of a couple of people I found in the old family tree.
This is one a pretty convoluted and distant connection but your link reminded me of it.

1718–1792

Oliver Cromwell
1563–1655
brother-in-law of 1st cousin 2x removed of wife of brother-in-law of 17th cousin 8x removed
Glad it was useful.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Good spot. I had the great pleasure and privilege of teaching here where Cromwell played as a child. It was breathtaking when decorated for Christmas and wowed interviewees.
Dangerous place, if you start kissing hedgehogs, one allegedly gets very big warts on one's nose! ;)

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
A very smooth operation at the local small hospital with loads of volunteers. Many marshalls outside in the pouring, very cold 4 deg C rain.
At 3,000 feet its probably a white world.

Vacs went well, didn't feel a thing.
There is apparently nearly 100% take up in the elderly.
D.

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A very smooth operation at the local small hospital with loads of volunteers. Many marshalls outside in the pouring, very cold 4 deg C rain.
At 3,000 feet its probably a white world.

Vacs went well, didn't feel a thing.
There is apparently nearly 100% take up in the elderly.
D.
About the only sensible thing Tony Blair has said in quite some time is stop faffing about giving every one two shots with the available vaccine as the second shot only improves things by a few percent and give all the vaccine available out for the first shot thereby getting it to more people right away.

The way things are going I may not be offered it till 2022 sometime.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well...
Last week, Thursday, the black general rubbish wheelie was collected.
All fine and dandy.
A sticker giving all future dates was slapped on the wheelie lid.
I read it, and it told me that we had a black wheelie only collection this week (tomorrow), and the same next next week. And a black wheelie and food and cardboard the week after.

This is unusual. We only have fortnightly collections, and the way Xmas falls or New Year day falls we can be over a month with no black wheelie collection.

So, in the pouring rain today, I am clearing some rubbish in the back garden (old plant pots and stuff). I got soaked to the skin in the deluge. And together with household rubbish, I manage to fill the black wheelie.

I have just put my black wheelie out at the front. It is nearly 5 pm, pitch black, and NO-ONE else has put their black wheelies out. So I walk to the end of the road, and look down the next two roads. Not a single black wheelie anywhere. They are normally ALL outside the houses by now, winter or summer.

So, I come in, check online, and yes it is black wheelie day tomorrow, Thursday.

So am I a silly sausage for putting my black wheelie out, or are they a whole bunch of silly sausages...

I shall find out in the morning.

lindisfel

Expert
About the only sensible thing Tony Blair has said in quite some time is stop faffing about giving every one two shots with the available vaccine as the second shot only improves things by a few percent and give all the vaccine available out for the first shot thereby getting it to more people right away.

The way things are going I may not be offered it till 2022 sometime.

It looks as though the vast majority will get the Oxford vaccine, John. Its reckoned it will soon be approved and tens of millions of doses will be available straight away with no cold chain problems.
I hope Marjorie gets it soon, she will be in next group.
regards
Derek

lindisfel

Expert
Well...
Last week, Thursday, the black general rubbish wheelie was collected.
All fine and dandy.
A sticker giving all future dates was slapped on the wheelie lid.
I read it, and it told me that we had a black wheelie only collection this week (tomorrow), and the same next next week. And a black wheelie and food and cardboard the week after.

This is unusual. We only have fortnightly collections, and the way Xmas falls or New Year day falls we can be over a month with no black wheelie collection.

So, in the pouring rain today, I am clearing some rubbish in the back garden (old plant pots and stuff). I got soaked to the skin in the deluge. And together with household rubbish, I manage to fill the black wheelie.

I have just put my black wheelie out at the front. It is nearly 5 pm, pitch black, and NO-ONE else has put their black wheelies out. So I walk to the end of the road, and look down the next two roads. Not a single black wheelie anywhere. They are normally ALL outside the houses by now, winter or summer.

So, I come in, check online, and yes it is black wheelie day tomorrow, Thursday.

So am I a silly sausage for putting my black wheelie out, or are they a whole bunch of silly sausages...

I shall find out in the morning.
It shouldn't be such a lottery for someone like yourself, gennepher.
It seems people can't take care with details as they could.
D.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert

1718–1792

Oliver Cromwell
1563–1655

I thought everybody in Eastern England was related to Eric Bloodaxe:)